Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brett Talley
I'm honestly surprised this hasn't made the board, yet. This 36 year old was nominated for a seat on the federal bench having never tried a case at all (which there was an Obama nominee that had never tried a case before, which was also ridiculous, though she was practicing longer than Mr. Talley who has only been practicing for three years) and was unanimously regarded as unqualified for the position by the American Bar Association. He made it out of committee on party lines.

It has also come forward that he failed to disclose his wife if the CoS for WH Counsel, a position which could present a rather serious conflict of interest.

I've got to say, not just with regard to Mr. Talley but for Judge Freudenthal as well, why are we putting people on the bench that have no experience as a judge? It just seems to me like experience on the state level as a judge should be a minimum qualification.
(11-16-2017, 12:27 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm honestly surprised this hasn't made the board, yet. This 36 year old was nominated for a seat on the federal bench having never tried a case at all (which there was an Obama nominee that had never tried a case before, which was also ridiculous, though she was practicing longer than Mr. Talley who has only been practicing for three years) and was unanimously regarded as unqualified for the position by the American Bar Association. He made it out of committee on party lines.

It has also come forward that he failed to disclose his wife if the CoS for WH Counsel, a position which could present a rather serious conflict of interest.

I've got to say, not just with regard to Mr. Talley but for Judge Freudenthal as well, why are we putting people on the bench that have no experience as a judge? It just seems to me like experience on the state level as a judge should be a minimum qualification.

Yeah, this got lost in the Moore shuffle.

To be fair to Trump:  He has no idea what he is doing.  He lets other people tell him and then he takes credit if good and places blame if bad.

Plus he has favors to give and collect on.

Have any of his appointments or nominations been qualified?  FEMA was one, I think.

I have no idea how long it's going to take to clean up the latest GOP mess when the adults take over again.  And then the voters will get mad at what needed to be done and vote these morons back into office.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
[Image: 23559534_151762398888242_151136366387354...e=5A620027]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I thought this was about the guy who took over in Green Bay when Aaron Rodgers broke collarbone.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Well, you can't drain the swamp and have competent people.

LOL

First I heard of this was yesterday. I doubt Trump even knows the guy's name. He likely was told he had a vacancy, asked one of his people who he should place and went with whatever they said. If someone told him to place Kenneth Map on the bench, he'd look real stern and say 'Great idea, bring him in. He'll be great.'

Which is largely how businesses are ran. The closer you get to the top, the more you have to rely on the people under you to make sound decisions. The problem is, Trump has surrounded himself with people who make unethical, illegal or — at the very least — bad decisions. That's why so many feared a muck up by his 'run it as a business' approach, when he's got so many business failures. When you're diversified enough to say 'well, we lost $10 million here, but we made $10 million there, so it's a wash' it's one thing. You can't take that approach with government and say 'Well, we accidentally wiped out our oil reserve, but we did really great at increasing low income housing, so it's a wash.'
(11-17-2017, 04:34 PM)Benton Wrote: Well, you can't drain the swamp and have competent people.

LOL

First I heard of this was yesterday. I doubt Trump even knows the guy's name. He likely was told he had a vacancy, asked one of his people who he should place and went with whatever they said. If someone told him to place Kenneth Map on the bench, he'd look real stern and say 'Great idea, bring him in. He'll be great.'

Which is largely how businesses are ran. The closer you get to the top, the more you have to rely on the people under you to make sound decisions. The problem is, Trump has surrounded himself with people who make unethical, illegal or — at the very least — bad decisions. That's why so many feared a muck up by his 'run it as a business' approach, when he's got so many business failures. When you're diversified enough to say 'well, we lost $10 million here, but we made $10 million there, so it's a wash' it's one thing. You can't take that approach with government and say 'Well, we accidentally wiped out our oil reserve, but we did really great at increasing low income housing, so it's a wash.'

Trump doesn't seem fit the stereotype of competent businessman that impressed so many Ayn Rand readers and Apprentice fans.

The head of Exxon would better know how to vet people who vetted those lower down on the corporate ladder. Trump's family business is idiosyncratic, unsystematic, and apparently quite chaotic. More about leveraging a brand than creating anything.

Hence one of the worst aspects of his tenure so far has been the incompetent picks, followed closely by his allowing so many positions to continue unfilled.