Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brewers got bounced haha
Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Yes I know this isn't Reds related. But there's only like 6 or 8 people that post in here anyways.

Man I so hope we can put the Brewers curse behind us next season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 09:18 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious

Yes I know this isn't Reds related. But there's only like 6 or 8 people that post in here anyways.

Man I so hope we can put the Brewers curse behind us next season.

Hopefully the Dodgers can get bounced next.

I just think it's unfair for teams to be able to spend more than double what other teams do.

There are 10 teams this year who have spent $200+ mill.
6 of them are still in the playoffs - Rangers, Phillies, Astros, Dodgers, Blue Jays, Braves

On the flip side, you have eight teams who spent under $100 mill.
Out of those, only two made the postseason and one is out already - Orioles, Rays

There needs to be a floor of $100 mill and a much lower ceiling (or at least a much lower threshold of the luxury tax and the tax increased).
For ceiling, I was thinking $200 mill, or better yet $150 mill.
This mainly though is probably my jealousy that other teams can pay those big amounts and my team is frugal/cheap AF.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 10:11 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Hopefully the Dodgers can get bounced next.

I just think it's unfair for teams to be able to spend more than double what other teams do.

There are 10 teams this year who have spent $200+ mill.
6 of them are still in the playoffs - Rangers, Phillies, Astros, Dodgers, Blue Jays, Braves

On the flip side, you have eight teams who spent under $100 mill.
Out of those, only two made the postseason and one is out already - Orioles, Rays

There needs to be a floor of $100 mill and a much lower ceiling (or at least a much lower threshold of the luxury tax and the tax increased).
For ceiling, I was thinking $200 mill, or better yet $150 mill.
This mainly though is probably my jealousy that other teams can pay those big amounts and my team is frugal/cheap AF.

There should be some kind of cap/salary restrictions for sure. I boggles my mind that something hasn't been put in place yet. There's just way to much disparity between teams.

Hell there's been many occasions the Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, Astros and a couple others will have two or even one player that equals or nearly equals another teams entire payroll.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 10:41 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: There should be some kind of cap/salary restrictions for sure. I boggles my mind that something hasn't been put in place yet. There's just way to much disparity between teams.

Hell there's been many occasions the Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, Astros and a couple others will have two or even one player that equals or nearly equals another teams entire payroll.

I have to think it's because these big money teams would feel they're now at a disadvantage because the cheaper/poorer teams can now compete easier if they have a cap. Having no cap and (arguably not harsh enough) luxury tax allow for these big-money teams able to keep an advantage over these other teams.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote