Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brian Branch
I have seen multiple recent scenarios where Brian Branch is still on the board for the Bengals at 28. Do you stick to best player available and select him, select another player you have closely graded, or explore trade options?
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2023, 02:50 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I have seen multiple recent scenarios where Brian Branch is still on the board for the Bengals at 28. Do you stick to best player available and select him, select another player you have closely graded, or explore trade options?

Draft him.

Worst case, you have a future Hilton replacement.

Best case, you have an interchangeable chess piece that OCs have nightmares trying to plan around (between him and Dax floating between both slot/S interchangably)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be upset at all if they took him.

It would be a great value. Surely Lou could find a use for him.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2023, 03:59 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Draft him.

Best case, you have an interchangeable chess piece that OCs have nightmares trying to plan around (between him and Dax floating between both slot/S interchangably)

DJ Turner II would be my ideal Hilton replacement. Just ran a 4.27 at the combine too.
Reply/Quote
So, I may have to re-evaluate my stance. I don't want to make everything metrics but he was expecting to test well and he's been below average. Looking like he would be closer to the lower end of the spectrum from my first post
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2023, 07:21 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: So, I may have to re-evaluate my stance. I don't want to make everything metrics but he was expecting to test well and he's been below average. Looking like he would be closer to the lower end of the spectrum from my first post

Oh the combine in no way changes what this kid has put on tape and that is one outstanding career tape.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2023, 03:59 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Draft him.

Yep. Combine changes nothing for me on Branch. The only way I wouldn't do it is if: 

1) Another blue chipper guy falls to us where it is an upgrade (Anderson, Wilson, Murphy, Van Ness, Carter, Witherspoon, Porter, Gonzalez, Skoronski, Johnson Jr, Jones, Mayer, Robinson). 

2) A blue chipper at a stacked spot (Addison, Smith-Njigba) or a near blue-chipper at a needy spot (Harrison, Wright, D. Jones; Banks, Smith, Forbes, Kincaid, Bresee; Sanders) is preferred. 
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2023, 08:28 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Yep. Combine changes nothing for me on Branch. The only way I wouldn't do it is if: 

1) Another blue chipper guy falls to us where it is an upgrade (Anderson, Wilson, Murphy, Van Ness, Carter, Witherspoon, Porter, Gonzalez, Skoronski, Johnson Jr, Jones, Mayer, Robinson). 

2) A blue chipper at a stacked spot (Addison, Smith-Njigba) or a near blue-chipper at a needy spot (Harrison, Wright, D. Jones; Banks, Smith, Forbes, Kincaid, Bresee; Sanders) is preferred. 

Same, I take the film over the Combine every time. I am in on Branch if he falls to us. Same with all the blue chippers that are needs.

Even Addison is in my thoughts as a playmaker and insurance, same with Smith-Njigba just as long as the OL is fixed.

Sounds like we are going to go playmaker in this Draft somewhat early, if that is the case we get a RT in FA or have confidence there 
enough to take a playmaker. The Draft is a crapshoot and for all I know the best RT we could get (Darnell Wright) could be a bust.
Reply/Quote