Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brian Callahan as a Head Coach Candidate?
Peter Schrager and Tom Pelissero talked head coaching candidates ahead of the interview date. Brian Callahan was on their list. Surprising?

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 11:53 AM)Synric Wrote: Peter Schrager and Tom Pelissero talked head coaching candidates ahead of the interview date. Brian Callahan was on their list. Surprising?

LOLOL....
Reply/Quote
I honestly don't know exactly how much of the offense Callahan is responsible for since Taylor calls the plays, so I don't think it'd be a huge detriment if Callahan were to leave.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The GMFB team just has a bunch of Bengalboners. At this point, calling him a HC candidate is probably an overreaction.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Sounds like Rapoport believes Dan Pitcher could step right in as OC if Callahan did get a HC job.

Reply/Quote
I think they are looking at him as a potential candidate for a team thats drafting or has a young QB that needs grooming....
Reply/Quote
Quote:Posted by ochocincos - 9 minutes ago
I honestly don't know exactly how much of the offense Callahan is responsible for since Taylor calls the plays, so I don't think it'd be a huge detriment if Callahan were to leave.

I think Callahan designed the offense, and Taylor picks the plays he wants to use. Honestly, I wouldn't be sad to see Callahan go if we could get a better OC that Taylor would let call the plays, or at least would be in Taylor's ear during the games. Not sure how much of that Callahan does or not.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 12:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think Callahan designed the offense, and Taylor picks the plays he wants to use. Honestly, I wouldn't be sad to see Callahan go if we could get a better OC that Taylor would let call the plays, or at least would be in Taylor's ear during the games. Not sure how much of that Callahan does or not.

I would not assume this.  For cincy, LA, KC or any team where the HC is running the offensive show. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 12:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think Callahan designed the offense, and Taylor picks the plays he wants to use. Honestly, I wouldn't be sad to see Callahan go if we could get a better OC that Taylor would let call the plays, or at least would be in Taylor's ear during the games. Not sure how much of that Callahan does or not.

Zac isn't giving up play calling regardless of who is his OC. And he has said he and Callahan are in constant communication during the game

I've seen Callahan mentioned before as a head coach candidate.  Don't forget who his father is.  The minute he started moving up the coaching ranks, he has been on NFL people's radars.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
"DQ is a no-brainer"

Makes me lust after a Blizzard. And it's not a no-brainer by any means. Chocolate ice cream, of course. But M &M's or Heath Bar? I never know till I actually place the order.
Reply/Quote
It’s probably too early for Callahan to be getting legitimate HC buzz, but I will say, every time I listen to him talk he impresses me. I could see him nailing the interview process.

Reply/Quote
Four defensive coordinators on their list in a time when the league is hiring offensive coaches makes me think Callahan would have a great shot at one of the positions, except he will be too busy to interview what with the Super Bowl and all..... Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 12:28 PM)pally Wrote: Zac isn't giving up play calling regardless of who is his OC. And he has said he and Callahan are in constant communication during the game

I've seen Callahan mentioned before as a head coach candidate.  Don't forget who his father is.  The minute he started moving up the coaching ranks, he has been on NFL people's radars.  

I was about to bring that up.  The Nepotism Football League is big on the idea that the child knows everything the parent knows and more, and is therefore qualified to do the same thing.

It's also possible someone would give Brian a HC job in hopes he brings Bill onto the staff.
Reply/Quote
I like how when the small market teams have success, their coordinators get poached

But you barely see the coordinators on the mainstay teams leave
Reply/Quote
What does he do though? That's Zacs offense..
Reply/Quote
No Eric Bienemey lol. That guys a cancer ..
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 12:49 PM)Tony Wrote: What does he do though? That's Zacs offense..

To be fair, what had Zac done to get a HC job? He was a QB coach. Callahan would benefit by being from the system here and that doesn't even speak to his possible organization abilities/general coaching knowledge. I've heard he is pretty charismatic, so it wouldn't surprise me if he interviewed really well and got something. 
Reply/Quote

No way... That's Zacs offense 100%
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 12:52 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: To be fair, what had Zac done to get a HC job? He was a QB coach. Callahan would benefit by being from the system here and that doesn't even speak to his possible organization abilities/general coaching knowledge. I've heard he is pretty charismatic, so it wouldn't surprise me if he interviewed really well and got something. 

I just imagined Bill Callahan leaving to get a HC gig in the NFC and his team beating the bengals in the super bowl...
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 12:52 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: To be fair, what had Zac done to get a HC job? He was a QB coach. Callahan would benefit by being from the system here and that doesn't even speak to his possible organization abilities/general coaching knowledge. I've heard he is pretty charismatic, so it wouldn't surprise me if he interviewed really well and got something. 

So Zac is the new Mcvay? Everyone wants from the Taylor coach tree now.
 MAN 2021 has been a weird year lol..
Reply/Quote