Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brian Callahan as a Head Coach Candidate?
(12-28-2021, 12:54 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I just imagined Bill Callahan leaving to get a HC gig in the NFC and his team beating the bengals in the super bowl...

Hits right in the heart. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 12:47 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I like how when the small market teams have success, their coordinators get poached

But you barely see the coordinators on the mainstay teams leave

Good coordinators and assistant coaches get jobs irrespective of their market.   

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 12:56 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Hits right in the heart. 

He even has the same first name

Bill
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 12:54 PM)Tony Wrote: So Zac is the new Mcvay? Everyone wants from the Taylor coach tree now.
 MAN 2021 has been a weird year lol..

Imagine going back in time and telling yourself this at the beginning of the off-season lol. 
Reply/Quote
I do think it's funny the way the fans here look at our coaches and how the rest of the league does.
Reply/Quote
I'm not surprised Callahan is getting mentioned. I feel like Burrow will get plenty of coaches looks from other teams. There were some surprise hires made last season (Culley, Staley, and Sirianni come to mind). If Callahan gets an interview I could see someone falling in love with him. The guy is fun to listen to when it comes to football talk.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 12:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Four defensive coordinators on their list in a time when the league is hiring offensive coaches makes me think Callahan would have a great shot at one of the positions, except he will be too busy to interview what with the Super Bowl and all..... Who Dey  Who Dey  Who Dey

Best coach in the league is a defensive minded coach
Reply/Quote
If Callahan does land a head coaching position and leaves, I don't think the Bengals will be hurting too much. Pitcher will slide into the OC position and someone will inherit Burrow when they become QB coach.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I just dont want Lou to leave he has done a damn good job this year taken reclamation projects like Awuzie and Apple and made them productive LB production has consistently improved since his first year here.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 12:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s probably too early for Callahan to be getting legitimate HC buzz, but I will say, every time I listen to him talk he impresses me. I could see him nailing the interview process.

Same, I like Brian. He knows football and is a really smart dude with a good way about him.

Our Offense hasn't been good until this year though which is why I also agree this is early for him to be thought of as a HC.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 12:31 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I just dont want Lou to leave he has done a damn good job this year taken reclamation projects like Awuzie and Apple and made them productive LB production has consistently improved since his first year here.

Sure wouldn't of thought I would be saying this but I agree. Lou has done a great job. Hope this continues and we hold the Chiefs
under 30 come Sunday. If we do, we have a shot.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 10:58 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Best coach in the league is a defensive minded coach

I agree, that's just not the way the hiring trend has gone the last few years.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 12:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s probably too early for Callahan to be getting legitimate HC buzz, but I will say, every time I listen to him talk he impresses me. I could see him nailing the interview process.

This
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote