Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Who else saw it coming??
How many 3rd and longs were the Bengals into today that were converted by excellent throws by Joey B.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:38 PM)Joelist Wrote: I called it first on the GDT.

Well to be fair you always call a loss after the 2nd play from scrimmage in every game. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
When they scored their second TD, I had the feeling we were going to blow it based purely on experience. I dont know if Lou backed off into some soft zone prevent kind of thing or what, but after our 21 point lead, everything changed. We just looked different and it was a familiar look to me. The look of losers.
Reply/Quote
I didn’t want to say it on the game day thread. Kind of a dick thing to do, but there was never a doubt what the outcome was going to be. It’s just what happens with bad teams. Five or six years ago I would have been thinking blowout. Didn’t even occur to me today because the scoreboard did not reflect the talent of the team and staff, and there was way too much time left to show why this was a 1-3-1 team coming off a two win season.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
90% of the pickers had the Bengals losing. First quarter just made it take longer before they knew they were right.
Reply/Quote
We made the Colts front office feel so good about their RIVERS hiring.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Atkins better not take a while. He's being paid $14.2 mill this season. He only had 4.5 sacks last year.
I personally don't believe Atkins nor Dunlap will return to their old selves.

Both Atkins and Dunlap might need to be considered for a cut/trade in the offseason. Their removal from the team would free up $20 mill of cap, which could really go a long way to help the OL or DL.

This. There’s a lot of sentimental folks in denial about Geno right now. Heard all the same excuses last year.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:38 PM)Joelist Wrote: I called it first on the GDT.

You act like that's a good thing.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 09:45 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You act like that's a good thing.

I wish I had been wrong. I just had that sinking feeling as soon as Rivers started throwing and there was no pressure and poor coverage. All I could think was "same old Bungles" because this team has zero resiliency - as soon as something goes wrong they collapse. 
Reply/Quote
My buddy who is a huge Colts fan text me saying the Colts were done when we were up 21-0. My reply was nothing is safe with this team till it hit 0 in the 4th quarter. We all have seen this show. Zac is a horrible coach. I gave him grace last season, but he's coaching the exact same way. You can tell his player don't buy in. I don't like seeing locker room turmoil, but if thats what it take to kick the can on Taylor, I encourage it this year.
Reply/Quote
I just remember looking at the clock once they were up 21 and thinking that there was an awful lot of game left.

This team has many flaws. One is play calling. The biggest is a lack of talent on both sides of the ball in the trenches. The offensive line issues have been rehashed enough. The defensive line has a couple of guys getting Mercedes money for Kia quality play. After that you've got a bunch of guys like McKenzie, Bledsoe, and Williams that are more or less just roster filler. Without pressure, there was plenty of time for Rivers to find open receivers for the rest of the afternoon.

Paying once great players for what they did over the past decade is hurting this team right now.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:36 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Up 21-0 who else knew we were gonna blow it?? Its sad id rather be losing by 7 or tied than to be up 21-0. Its been the same story with that for years. Guys quit playing when they see a lead like that. Just sad. Bad playcall there at the end. Everyone was streaking all we needed was a 1st down.. 3 guys would have been open for the 1st down but the play sent them deep... Game ball goes to Aj this game. He saved us on that 4th down and made several plays. Zac blew it in the 2nd half and Anarumo laid down.

Same thing every week
Offense comes to play..Defense lays down
Defense comes to play.. Offense lays down

I would have to say almost every Bengals fan never felt comfortable at any point of this game.. You could just tell when they went prevent and wouldn't pressure Rivers it was gonna be bad.. They played not to lose and they lost. Zack also took his foot off the gas. I'll never understand the 3rd and 1 dive play.. That was ridiculous...
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 08:48 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: We made the Colts front office feel so good about their RIVERS hiring.

It won't last. They aren't going anywhere.. Tennessee will curb stop them twice..
Reply/Quote
There’s nothing special about a person foreseeing what would happen today. However it takes a special person not to.
Reply/Quote
:andy:

I remember hearing Mike Wilbon oh 2 or 3 years ago talking about I'm pretty sure Dallas ? They had a 3 or 4 game winning streak going and were up against a better team. He says "you can't trust Dallas Tony, they will break your heart every time"

It so applies to the Bengals of the last decade +.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 11:03 PM)Tony Wrote: It won't last. They aren't going anywhere.. Tennessee will curb stop them twice..

We've yet to see Burrow come back from a 3TD deficit (yes, he's still a rookie) but we're going to get curb stopped twice by the ravens, squeelers and clowns. Ninja
Reply/Quote
Absolutely knew it.
Reply/Quote
I want to remind everyone bragging about predicting a loss when we were ahead by 21 that you all have been wrong 90% of the time in the past.

Why don't you all make threads about all the times you have been wrong?

Oh wait, nevermind. I know exactly why.

Smirk
Reply/Quote