Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bright Side Today (posted after Steeler loss)
The only way he doesn't get another chance is if we finish with less than 4 wins, and even then, I don't know if he's gone.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 12:15 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: All I know when a team puts in their second string, it is time to get back some redemption. It was stupid Joe just handing the ball off with 5 minutes to go in the game. It is a mindset, as a player he told he players he quit so why should they run through a wall for ZT next game.

REALLY?  since we could not complete a pass. we run for a 1st down.. your posted acted like we just ran the ball only.. read the drive sheet.. we threw the ball but could not complete anything
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 11:17 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Burrow was shaking his head because he badly missed many throws in the second half.  He had a bad day, and that's gonna happen.  Zac should not be done, we need to collectively temper our absolutely wild expectations.  We picked first overall this year for a reason.  Burrow is the man, but he can't be the only one.  And given the line play I've seen these last few games, I'd almost prefer (if we pick that high) to get either a defense end or even a WR.  

Zac has done a good job getting the team to rally behind him. He's done a good job in the draft and building the team. But when it comes to X's and O's he is being out coached. Plain and simple. He has 4 wins in 1.55 years. He has 1 win in 10 games against our division. Top players from the previous regime have under-performed under his leadership.

Like I said, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as the Ravens and Steelers are good teams. However, if he can't show any improvement in his game plan next time they meet.. if I were in charge I would cut bait and look for a coach that is better when it comes to game planning and calling plays. Our team overall is on an upward tragectory; I don't want to see poor coaching hold us back.

At some point you need to stop making excuses for the guy and start holding him accountable.

Edit:

I don't think it's a wild expectation for Zac to coach well enough to keep us in the game against the Steelers and Ravens. Heck, the Cowboys almost beat the Steelers due to good coaching. Zac's game plan made it look like we didn't belong on the same field as the Steelers. He's not getting it done. I don't know how else to say it.

I will allow him the opportunity to learn from his mistakes. Let's see how he does the rest of the way. If it were me in charge he'd be coaching for his job from here on out. We shouldn't settle for poor coaching.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 01:24 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We moved one step closer to 2nd pick of the draft. After watching our coach quit with 8 minutes to go in the game, we learned a lot about ZT. The Steelers would never had run the ball over and over again against the 2nd string Steeler defense, they would have tried to get momentum for Joe and the WR's.

Yes, I know the game was over, but garbage time TD's do build momentum for next week,

ZT lacks the toughness to compete against the AFCN. He has to go.

Next week we play the Washington football team. Do you want us to win or play for draft pick position. A won puts is in the teens, a loss puts us in the top 5 more than likely.

I hate what happened today to Burrow and pray the young man comes back stronger than ever. But many said I was crazy, no way we get a top 5 pick. Well 3 looks like a lock now and 2 is possible.

Pray for Joe, pray we get a OL to protect him.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I don't see 2 more wins on the Jag's schedule. Looks like it'll settle at pick 3.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
If the bengals end up with the 3rd pick that quite possibly puts them in the catbird seat. I would see Lawrence and fields going 1-2. That leaves us Sewell. If the unthinkable happens and Sewell goes 2 we should be able to get a good amount of picks to move down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 10:43 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: If the bengals end up with the 3rd pick that quite possibly puts them in the catbird seat.  I would see Lawrence and fields going 1-2.  That leaves us Sewell.  If the unthinkable happens and Sewell goes 2 we should be able to get a good amount of picks to move down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. I see us with pick #3 too. We have a great shot at back to back great drafts.

I don't see Green back, but I do see a team giving Green a decent contract so for us a comp. pick. Geno is also likely gone

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 12:33 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: The only way he doesn't get another chance is if we finish with less than 4 wins, and even then, I don't know if he's gone.

Well, looks like he may finish at 2-13-1 or 2 year span of 4-27-1.

Others are winning games with their back up QB's, just yesterday Dalton, Hill and the guy with no NFL experience won games off the top of my head so losing a QB is not an excuse for losing every game.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 12:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Well, looks like he may finish at 2-13-1 or 2 year span of 4-27-1.

Others are winning games with their back up QB's, just yesterday Dalton, Hill and the guy with no NFL experience won games off the top of my head so losing a QB is not an excuse for losing every game.

You're 100% right. Please oh please let this spell the end of ZT. 
Reply/Quote
There was no bright side to yesterday. Absolutely none.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 12:47 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: There was no bright side to yesterday. Absolutely none.

I started the thread after the Steelers loss. 

Yes, no bright side to Burrow getting hurt.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 12:59 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I started the thread after the Steelers loss. 

Yes, no bright side to Burrow getting hurt.

Sorry, didn't notice the date. Still shell shocked from yesterday.
Reply/Quote
Here's hoping Jacksonville wins 2 more games this season.

They probably won't, but that's the only way we get the #2 pick.

With that said, I think the #3 pick still secures us Sewell. If the top 3 are NYJ, JAX, us I could see the top 2 picks being TLaw and Fields, leaving Sewell to us.

The only concern would be if the Jags trade down to someone targeting Sewell. That would be pretty tragic.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:07 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Here's hoping Jacksonville wins 2 more games this season.

They probably won't, but that's the only way we get the #2 pick.

With that said, I think the #3 pick still secures us Sewell. If the top 3 are NYJ, JAX, us I could see the top 2 picks being TLaw and Fields, leaving Sewell to us.

The only concern would be if the Jags trade down to someone targeting Sewell. That would be pretty tragic.

If someone leaps ahead of us and takes Sewell, Then we run to the podium and take Chase and have no regerts, not even a single letter.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:10 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: If someone leaps ahead of us and takes Sewell, Then we run to the podium and take Chase and have no regerts, not even a single letter.

How I'd feel about that pick would depend heavily on what we did in free agency haha. If we signed a good guard and maybe a good tackle, then I'm completely comfortable with that selection. But if we had a more bare bones off season (more similar to what we are accustomed to, rather than what we got this past off season) I'd be pretty distressed knowing Joe was coming off of a really bad injury and the best help he'll get is a 2nd round pick to improve this line.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:20 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: How I'd feel about that pick would depend heavily on what we did in free agency haha. If we signed a good guard and maybe a good tackle, then I'm completely comfortable with that selection. But if we had a more bare bones off season (more similar to what we are accustomed to, rather than what we got this past off season) I'd be pretty distressed knowing Joe was coming off of a really bad injury and the best help he'll get is a 2nd round pick to improve this line.

Yeah, but I thought Adeniji did pretty well at RT.  Of course, I'm no o-line guru or anything.  But zero sacks with Jonah at LT and Adeniji at RT against that Washington Defensive front tells me he could be our RT perhaps.  Now, I'd feel much better with Sewell so don't misunderstood, but assuming we don't get a chance to take him, I'd love to get Chase.  

Imagine Chase, Tee and Boyd.  I have, and that's why I run to the podium in that scenario.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:03 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Sorry, didn't notice the date. Still shell shocked from yesterday.

We are all shell shocked. I feel so bad for Joe, he did everything right. I am praying it is not multiple tears, if so I know in my heart he will come back stronger.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:23 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Yeah, but I thought Adeniji did pretty well at RT.  Of course, I'm no o-line guru or anything.  But zero sacks with Jonah at LT and Adeniji at RT against that Washington Defensive front tells me he could be our RT perhaps.  Now, I'd feel much better with Sewell so don't misunderstood, but assuming we don't get a chance to take him, I'd love to get Chase.  

Imagine Chase, Tee and Boyd.  I have, and that's why I run to the podium in that scenario.

Adeniji did look pretty good. He did give up 2 sacks once Finley went in. There's no doubt Finley held onto the ball well past the time he should have, but the reps were not pretty for Adeniji in those plays. With that said, you could chalk that up to the teamwide deflation the Bengals experienced following Joe's injury. You saw it on the defense as well. After containing the WFT offense for an entire half, they suddenly were giving up everything once Joe was down. So I think that may have played a big part in Adeniji's decline following the injury. We'll have to watch him play over the next 6 games to see if he's the future at RT or not. 

I think there's no doubt that LG is our biggest weakness on the team right now and Sewell doesn't fix that problem. So it would be awfully tempting to take Chase at 3. Hopefully, we're headed towards a good off season.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:26 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Adeniji did look pretty good. He did give up 2 sacks once Finley went in. There's no doubt Finley held onto the ball well past the time he should have, but the reps were not pretty for Adeniji in those plays. With that said, you could chalk that up to the teamwide deflation the Bengals experienced following Joe's injury. You saw it on the defense as well. After containing the WFT offense for an entire half, they suddenly were giving up everything once Joe was down. So I think that may have played a big part in Adeniji's decline following the injury. We'll have to watch him play over the next 6 games to see if he's the future at RT or not. 

I think there's no doubt that LG is our biggest weakness on the team right now and Sewell doesn't fix that problem. So it would be awfully tempting to take Chase at 3. Hopefully, we're headed towards a good off season.

Sewell could fix the LG problem. If Sewell and Adeniji are the OT’s then kick Williams in to LG. Would be a pretty dominating left side.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:31 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Sewell could fix the LG problem. If Sewell and Adeniji are the OT’s then kick Williams in to LG. Would be a pretty dominating left side.

If Hart is ready for the Giants game I'd like to see I'd like to see a line up of Williams-Adeniji-Hopkins-Spain-Hart.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote