Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bright side
Well I guess at least we didn't try to hire Josh McDaniels Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Joshua* McDaniels, he pulled a child's move. Big Grin
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Would of really screwed the pooch on that one...
Reply/Quote
Uncle Mikey would have sat him on his knee, bounced him a little bit, made him smile and then sell his soul to years of purgatory. He would have come to Cincinnati.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Josh McDaniels leaving the podium empty > Marvin.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 10:55 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Josh McDaniels leaving the podium empty > Marvin.

That podium does have as many playoff wins as marvin  Cool
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 11:42 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: That podium does have as many playoff wins as marvin  Cool

Josh McDaniels, with Tim Tebow weighing him down, still managed a Playoff win in his first chance. No way Marvin does that.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
He would have never done that to the Bengals though. Hilarious

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2018, 12:14 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Josh McDaniels, with Tim Tebow weighing him down, still managed a Playoff win in his first chance. No way Marvin does that.

That was John Fox, not McDaniels.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2018, 12:14 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Josh McDaniels, with Tim Tebow weighing him down, still managed a Playoff win in his first chance.  No way Marvin does that.

Wrong guy
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2018, 11:10 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Wrong guy

Wasn't Josh McDaniels the coach during the brandon stokley is a bastard play? The same season he guided his team to 6-0, then proceeded to finish 8-8 and miss the playoffs? 

Edit* that said, I'd take that podium and McDaniels over Marvin. I'd take a wooden bench with arms and a clipboard over Marvin at this point.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2018, 11:20 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: Wasn't Josh McDaniels the coach during the brandon stokley is a bastard play? The same season he guided his team to 6-0, then proceeded to finish 8-8 and miss the playoffs? 

Edit* that said, I'd take that podium and McDaniels over Marvin. I'd take a wooden bench with arms and a clipboard over Marvin at this point.

I couldn't agree more.

People love to rip Mike Brown apart, and rightfully so. But the biggest problem this team has is Marvin Lewis IMO. Yes, it is mikes fault Marv is still here but strictly from a performance standpoint, coaching is and has been this teams fatal flaw. Not lack of talent, not scouting, not stingy ownership (all of which admittedly have room for improvement): it's piss poor coaching. Especially when the lights get bright and the games truly count.

The day Marvin Lewis leaves Cincinnati will be one of the most glorious days in Bengal history since... The day Marvin was hired  Hilarious Crazy how things work out, isn't it? Who wasn't ecstatic with the Marvin hire at the time? I never would have imagined he'd molt into the clueless loser we have today.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 12:50 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: Well I guess at least we didn't try to hire Josh McDaniels  Hilarious

That would have been so Bengals.  

Can't believe the guy just left all those assistants hanging out to dry.  I know Zimmer still has a case of the red ass about how Petrino did that to him at Atlanta.  I think the terminology Zimmer used was "a gutless bastard".
Reply/Quote
What McDaniels did is beyond ridiculous. I don't care what Kraft offered, you be a man and take the job you said you would take. You got the assistants you wanted, you got the money you wanted, and you agreed to work for Irsay. As big of an asshole as McDaniels looks right now, he'll still be a head coach one day. I think that's what pisses me off. Even though he completely screwed over another team, someone else will court him and make him their head coach down the road. Screw that guy! I wish the owners would collude and prevent him from ever getting a head coaching gig.
Reply/Quote
Probably just decided to wait till ol Hue finally gets the hook in Cleveland so he can turn the Browns into the world class cheating juggernaut and laud it over Belicheck's head for the rest of time.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 12:50 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: Well I guess at least we didn't try to hire Josh McDaniels  Hilarious

While suffering an initial embarrassment, I think the Colts came out on top with Reich.  I was actually happy the Colts were getting McDaniels because I figured, like most Belichek offspring, without Scarneccia as offensive line coach and the NFL as their officials, they would fail.  Plus, the Colts have drafted pretty poorly and have an old roster.

I think this move gives them a shot and they will be a contender again in a few years. 

I don't hate the Colts, but rooting for the Bengals to succeed is like praying for rain in the desert, so I cast stones of misfortune to every other team in the NFL.  Surely, some year, the stars will align and every other team will have a conservative idiot for a coach, lose their QB for the season (or maybe I should say all three), and have a ton of off-field issues that gets half their team suspended. 
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 10:27 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: While suffering an initial embarrassment, I think the Colts came out on top with Reich.  I was actually happy the Colts were getting McDaniels because I figured, like most Belichek offspring, without Scarneccia as offensive line coach and the NFL as their officials, they would fail.  Plus, the Colts have drafted pretty poorly and have an old roster.

I think this move gives them a shot and they will be a contender again in a few years. 

I don't hate the Colts, but rooting for the Bengals to succeed is like praying for rain in the desert, so I cast stones of misfortune to every other team in the NFL.  Surely, some year, the stars will align and every other team will have a conservative idiot for a coach, lose their QB for the season (or maybe I should say all three), and have a ton of off-field issues that gets half their team suspended. 

Yeah, i think after all of this Reich was the better decision for the Colts.

Don't know about McDaniels after this honestly. I think he screwed himself over here. Not smart.
Reply/Quote