Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bring back the Tylers?
(02-26-2021, 09:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Well we probably aren't getting Pitts, since we most likely will take Sewell if he's there, or Chase. So if Pitts is gone, I see no problem bringing Eifert in for a try. We struggled in the red zone, which is where Eifert excelled. Bring him in on a friendly contract and see what he has left. If he can't cut it in camp, let him go. 

I hope our coaches are not set on not drafting Pitts. We need to start looking around at the best offensive teams that are going to 
the Playoffs and see that most of them have a playmaking TE on their teams. Get our heads out of our asses. Playmaking TE's are
big time right now. Pitts is a Red Zone threat, Eifert was a Red Zone threat 5 years ago.

Not against bringing Eifert in. Just saying Pitts types are the now.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 01:34 AM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Eifert isn't the guy we drafted or anywhere close. At this point I don't think he'll ever be that kind of athlete again, so no thanks. Plus his health issues are still worrisome.

Yep, you said it first, so I will jump on board.  Even his last year here, he was serviceable but you could see he simply didn't have the speed any longer.  Kroft was a decent #2 or #3 piece, but I would rather go younger here now.

I think Sample would surprise a few people if the Bengals had both him and Uzomah healthy and paired them more in 12 personnel instead of always alternating them in 11.  It kind of tips your hand a bit when you sort of unofficially designate one as the blocker and one as the receiver.  Just like the MASSIVE stupidity that drives me crazy of having Mixon come off the field on 3rd down.  They should give Gio a SERIES and now a specific down to keep Mixon fresh.  What they do now is dumb as hell.  It's like they took one of the dumbest things from the Marvin Era and decided to keep it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If we're bringin' back anybody from the Dalton/ Green era, it'd better be Kevin Zeitler. Only gave up 2 sacks last year, and he's only 30 years old.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2021, 06:34 PM)jason Wrote: If we're bringin' back anybody from the Dalton/ Green era, it'd better be Kevin Zeitler. Only gave up 2 sacks last year, and he's only 30 years old.

Yeah, I’d be down for that if NY cuts him.

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2021, 09:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, I’d be down for that if NY cuts him.

He's a free agent this year... No?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2021, 10:13 PM)jason Wrote: He's a free agent this year... No?

Nope. One more year at 14.5 million (which is why they could potentially cut him with only 2.5 in dead cap).

Reply/Quote