Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bring back the Tylers?
The Jags are not picking up their option for Tyler Eifert. His biggest issue was health. He's stayed healthy for 2 years now. He's just 30 years old. He may never be the player he was in 2015, but he certainly could help this offense. He caught just 36 passes last year and wouldn't command a large contract. Tyler Kroft appears to also be on the way out of Buffalo. His health has been an issue for the past 2 years however. They're both at least as good as Sample when healthy. Is it worth kicking their tires at least? I think it would be.
Reply/Quote
This offense got next to nothing out of their TEs last year after Uzomah went down. Just seen where Bengals.com
Listed Sample as a breakout player in 2021.
Do not understand the love affair with this guy.
He scored a meaningless TD vs the Texans.
Id kick the tires on Eifert.why not?
This offense needs targets that know how to score points
Reply/Quote
No thanks, I never see how bringing old players back is a good thing
Reply/Quote
Eifert isn't the guy we drafted or anywhere close. At this point I don't think he'll ever be that kind of athlete again, so no thanks. Plus his health issues are still worrisome.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
Hard pass on both.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Although Kroft did have 3x as many TD’s as Sample last season...lol

Reply/Quote
During the Jags week, multiple Bengals podcasts had Jags people on to talk about the game. Eifert's name came up and all the Jags people basically saying that Eifert was just a guy out there. At this rate, we just need to move on and hope the best for Tyler.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 10:16 PM)Shepdawg Wrote: The Jags are not picking up their option for Tyler Eifert. His biggest issue was health. He's stayed healthy for 2 years now. He's just 30 years old. He may never be the player he was in 2015, but he certainly could help this offense. He caught just 36 passes last year and wouldn't command a large contract. Tyler Kroft appears to also be on the way out of Buffalo. His health has been an issue for the past 2 years however. They're both at least as good as Sample when healthy. Is it worth kicking their tires at least? I think it would be.

Why? What would they add if they aren’t better than Sample? Signing either would make zero sense. We can sign better depth TE at similar prices

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 12:53 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Id kick the tires on Eifert.why not?

Because they would break.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 10:16 PM)Shepdawg Wrote: The Jags are not picking up their option for Tyler Eifert.  His biggest issue was health.  He's stayed healthy for 2 years now.  He's just 30 years old.  He may never be the player he was in 2015, but he certainly could help this offense.  He caught just 36 passes last year and wouldn't command a large contract.  Tyler Kroft appears to also be on the way out of Buffalo.  His health has been an issue for the past 2 years however.  They're both at least as good as Sample when healthy.  Is it worth kicking their tires at least?  I think it would be.

Tyler Eifert 2020:
60 targets, 36 rec, 349 yards, 2 TDs

Drew Sample 2020:
53 targets, 40 rec, 349 yards, 1 TD

[Image: XFqHtXEg.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 02:14 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: During the Jags week, multiple Bengals podcasts had Jags people on to talk about the game. Eifert's name came up and all the Jags people basically saying that Eifert was just a guy out there. At this rate, we just need to move on and hope the best for Tyler.

Right

We've already got 3 "guys" we don't need more guys. We need a playmaker.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 10:56 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Because they would break.

Well played.

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 11:55 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Right

I agree, not much to gain by bringing those guys back.  The only "feasible" option I could see is in bringing Kroft back, but only if they wanted to transform the offense to using an H-Back heavily.  However, with Taylor's primary set being 11 personnel, I don't think it would be a good use of a roster spot.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 10:16 PM)Shepdawg Wrote: The Jags are not picking up their option for Tyler Eifert.  His biggest issue was health.  He's stayed healthy for 2 years now.  He's just 30 years old.  He may never be the player he was in 2015, but he certainly could help this offense.  He caught just 36 passes last year and wouldn't command a large contract.  Tyler Kroft appears to also be on the way out of Buffalo.  His health has been an issue for the past 2 years however.  They're both at least as good as Sample when healthy.  Is it worth kicking their tires at least?  I think it would be.

PASS!  this would reak of a past move to bring back damaged goods....not a great way to tell fans they are all in woth Joe B. 
Reply/Quote
I neither oppose nor support a general rule about bringing back former players. To me it is a case-by-case decision.

In this case I don't see any benefit in bringing back Eifert or Kroft.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 11:55 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Right

My thoughts as well. Love Eifert off the field, great man, but ever since the back injury he has looked extremely stiff and he is
just getting older. There are lots of options at TE, bring in Henry or Ertz, draft Pitts, Freiermuth or Kenny Yeboa etc.
Reply/Quote
I'd be for Eifert returning on a deal that would allow us to release him after camp if he can't show us something.

As it stands, he could be valuable in the redzone. And if we were to draft Pitts, I would think he could be a solid tutor to him as well.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 09:25 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I'd be for Eifert returning on a deal that would allow us to release him after camp if he can't show us something.

As it stands, he could be valuable in the redzone.  And if we were to draft Pitts, I would think he could be a solid tutor to him as well.

In this case I would bring back Eifert. He just isn't the answer we need like Pitts most likely would be.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 09:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: In this case I would bring back Eifert. He just isn't the answer we need like Pitts most likely would be.

Well we probably aren't getting Pitts, since we most likely will take Sewell if he's there, or Chase. So if Pitts is gone, I see no problem bringing Eifert in for a try. We struggled in the red zone, which is where Eifert excelled. Bring him in on a friendly contract and see what he has left. If he can't cut it in camp, let him go. 
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 01:24 AM)JWW1971 Wrote: No thanks, I never see how bringing old players back is a good thing

I wouldn't hate Marvin Jones returning to be WR3 if Sewell is the pick at 5.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote