Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bring back the old jerseys!
(12-12-2018, 08:38 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: That's all I'm saying.  That stupid white piping ruins an otherwise decent jersey.  The late 90s would be good, just get rid of the keeping tiger.  That's sacrilege to some, I know.

I agree, the jerseys from that era - the leaping tiger, are simply badass.  Why do I not like the leaping tiger?  Because to me, it symbolizes the absolute worst time to ever be a Bengals fan.

Sometimes change is good.  The last time that the Bengals changed the helmet design, they went to the Superbowl.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 02:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Does anyone else like the old jerseys better than the new ones?

If by "old" you mean 1981.

If you mean the Browns look a likes, not at all.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 02:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Does anyone else like the old jerseys better than the new ones?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 08:38 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: That's all I'm saying.  That stupid white piping ruins an otherwise decent jersey.  The late 90s would be good, just get rid of the keeping tiger.  That's sacrilege to some, I know.

Agree about the leaping tiger. I see tons of people hate on the striped B here, but to me it’s a clean and sharp logo. I like just the tiger head better too. The leaping tiger reminds me of something a high school would use.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 02:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Does anyone else like the old jerseys better than the new ones?

No but for a throw back game would like to see old helmets. Just Bengals on the side that would be cool.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2018, 12:19 AM)chopperbobby Wrote: No but for a throw back game would like to see old helmets. Just Bengals on the side that would be cool.

The original helmets were awful. Our current ones are among the best in the league, imo.

Reply/Quote
The helmets are awesome but the new jerseys are terrible. The tiger on the side of the old uniforms was awesome. Are logo is so dumb now its just a big stupid B ? That's like the Lions changing there logo from a bad ass Lion to just a big L instead. Bring back the Tiger baby !
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2018, 12:51 AM)lone bengal Wrote: The new jerseys are terrible. The tiger on the side of the old uniforms was awesome. Are logo is so dumb now its just a big stupid B ? That's like the Lions changing there logo from a bad ass Lion to just a big L instead. Bring back the Tiger baby !

Except the stripes are what makes the B stand out. What would you use on a Lions L? A fluffy mane?

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 02:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I like these.
[Image: WCPO_Corey_Dillon_1507492175724_68293752...40_480.jpg]

Yep. That’s was the best uniform era... granted, it was the worst era overall for this franchise but the uniforms were a thing of beauty
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't mind going back to the old jerseys, but I'd be happier if we went back to the leaping tiger/tiger head logo and ditched the B.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2018, 12:57 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Except the stripes are what makes the B stand out. What would you use on a Lions L? A fluffy mane?

I wouldn’t change the Lions logo but I guess that would be an option lol. I prefer my stripes on the actual tiger logo vs a letter.
Reply/Quote
Personally I don't think it would matter if the entire team switched to the uniform below to indicate team toughness and preparedness to play professional football ..
[Image: plWpShLej]
It might actually be more indicative of the current state of affairs . However it might lure fans into believing that the team is prepared to clean up its act which would be misleading. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 11:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Agree about the leaping tiger. I see tons of people hate on the striped B here, but to me it’s a clean and sharp logo. I like just the tiger head better too. The leaping tiger reminds me of something a high school would use.

Same here.

Although I am not a huge fan of the tiger head.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 02:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I like these.
[Image: WCPO_Corey_Dillon_1507492175724_68293752...40_480.jpg]

Missed this pic when I posted before.  Hands down the best uni we ever had.  Some resemblance to the '81 makeover, but with the wider should stripes that set it apart.  Get rid of the Millard Fillmore Middle School Fighting Tigers logo on the sleeve, give us an orange version, and you're good to go.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
The white color rush jerseys are cool. Make a black one just the same, and use the original 1968 unis as an alternate... Boom. Problem solved.

Now what to do about the shitty team?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2018, 09:12 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Missed this pic when I posted before.  Hands down the best uni we ever had.  Some resemblance to the '81 makeover, but with the wider should stripes that set it apart.  Get rid of the Millard Fillmore Middle School Fighting Tigers logo on the sleeve, give us an orange version, and you're good to go.  

The tiger on the sleeve is the best part!
EDIT - I've also started to become less in favor of the orange jerseys. Perhaps it's the shade of orange, I don't know. Maybe something a little darker, like a burnt orange. But the tiger on the sleeve (and the field) needs to make a comeback IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote