Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bring in Jason Garrett as an assistant
What are your guys thoughts on bringing in Jason Garrett as an offensive assistant coach or offensive coordinator? He has a ton of coaching experience in a similar franchise model and can help give Zac guidance. He also has many similarities to Zac (was a QB coach, maybe got a HC job a little too early).

There is a lot of negativity around Garrett, but I think he would be a welcome addition to our current staff.

Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
isnt he still employeed?
Reply/Quote
He hasn't been fired yet. Regardless, I believe he will get another head coaching job if he does get fired.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 04:25 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: isnt he still employeed?

He has been saying his goodbyes to the Cowboys folks today. Should be available early next week.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-now/0ap3000001093657/Slater-Garrett-has-said-his-goodbyes-to-people-with-Cowboys

Word on the street is Cowboys are gunning for Zimmer.
Reply/Quote
His contract is up and he's been doing his farewell rounds so he will be available. Going from the HC of the cowboys to taking orders from ZT seems like it would require him to be a lot less sought after than I had estimated, though.

I could see him being the OC here if he thinks ZT is a weak HC and he can take the HC job sooner than later, but that sort of instant in fighting wouldn't be good. I'm just spitballing this, though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 05:03 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: He has been saying his goodbyes to the Cowboys folks today. Should be available early next week.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-now/0ap3000001093657/Slater-Garrett-has-said-his-goodbyes-to-people-with-Cowboys

Word on the street is Cowboys are gunning for Zimmer.

wait was zimmer fired?

are they gonna trade for him lol...  zimmer did use to coach in dallas before we got him here.

While Garret would be interesting OC....  If we are grabbing a new OC i perfer the one already working with our new QB.

Jay Gruden also available for OC  he did pretty well breaking dalton into the league helping us reach 3 straight playoffs during his time as our OC.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 04:16 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: What are your guys thoughts on bringing in Jason Garrett as an offensive assistant coach or offensive coordinator? He has a ton of coaching experience in a similar franchise model and can help give Zac guidance. He also has many similarities to Zac (was a QB coach, maybe got a HC job a little too early).

There is a lot of negativity around Garrett, but I think he would be a welcome addition to our current staff.

Thoughts?

I doubt they fire Callahan...or Zac.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 07:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I doubt they fire Callahan...or Zac.

you just promote Callahan to Assasstant HC lol
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 07:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: you just promote Callahan to Assasstant HC lol

Dorsey is who we need to hire as GM.

Honestly though, we have a worse coach than Kiitchens...so I dont know.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 06:49 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: wait was zimmer fired?

are they gonna trade for him lol...  zimmer did use to coach in dallas before we got him here.

While Garret would be interesting OC....  If we are grabbing a new OC i perfer the one already working with our new QB.

Jay Gruden also available for OC  he did pretty well breaking dalton into the league helping us reach 3 straight playoffs during his time as our OC.

I've been reading that Minnesota ownership and Zimmer have butted heads often. The big loss in the conf championship to the Eagles left a sour taste in ownerships mouth. I guess they don't want to wait 16 years to pull the trigger.

It's all speculation, but if the Vikings perform poorly this weekend, he may be sent packing.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 07:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Dorsey is who we need to hire as GM.

Honestly though, we have a worse coach than Kiitchens...so I dont know.

C'mon..Kitchens will go to NE and the world series.. IF Boston wins the American League pennant .. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 07:27 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I've been reading that Minnesota ownership and Zimmer have butted heads often. The big loss in the conf championship to the Eagles left a sour taste in ownerships mouth. I guess they don't want to wait 16 years to pull the trigger.

It's all speculation, but if the Vikings perform poorly this weekend, he may be sent packing.

Which is why Zimmer would never be HC here. He couldnt coexist with Bengals management.

Hey Mike, we scheduled a press conference for you to talk about how excited you are that we resigned Bobby Hart.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 07:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Which is why Zimmer would never be HC here. He couldnt coexist with Bengals management.

Hey Mike, we scheduled a press conference for you to talk about how excited you are that we resigned Bobby Hart.

Well, this thread was about Jason Garrett joining the crew.. not Mike Zimma!
Reply/Quote