Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bring the Cincy Kid Home....Tom Herman for Head Coach....
lets be honest for starters coaching the Bengals is a lot less pressure than the rabid University of Texas football fans in Austin.

He fits the bill of what we are looking for:
1. Young
2. Offensive Minded
3. Proven Winner

He has both Cincy and Ohio State ties, this should be a Mike Brown dream candidate!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 12:20 AM)corpjet Wrote: lets be honest for starters coaching the Bengals is a lot less pressure than the rabid University of Texas football fans in Austin.

He fits the bill of what we are looking for:
1.  Young
2.  Offensive Minded
3.  Proven Winner

He has both Cincy and Ohio State ties, this should be a Mike Brown dream candidate!

A great suggestion!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 12:35 AM)BengalChris Wrote: A great suggestion!

He makes 5.2 million a year at Texas..........
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 12:48 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: He makes 5.2 million a year at Texas..........

So

Reply/Quote
As I said in the Sweeney thread, it’s a big no on college coaches with no NFL experience at all. It’s easy to recruit kids on the idea of making the NFL and following you with that in mind, it’s another story to lead men who make more than you.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 12:48 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: He makes 5.2 million a year at Texas..........

And its rumored Marvin made 6 million........the only objection financially would be a Texas Booster adding 2 million annually to what we would offer, I can see Mike Brown wanting no part of that bidding war.......
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 01:13 AM)Au165 Wrote: ...it’s another story to lead men who make more than you.

Are there ANY NFL coaches that make more than their star players?
This argument makes no sense, since it would therefore apply to pretty much every NFL coach.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 10:02 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Are there ANY NFL coaches that make more than their star players?
This argument makes no sense, since it would therefore apply to pretty much every NFL coach.

That's my point. In the NFL you aren't the most important person in the organization, or the highest paid, you have to be able to get people to buy into the system when they know they are more important that you are. In college you are the highest paid person in the school most likely and you are the face of the program. You can rule with fear in college that doesn't really work in the NFL outside of New England. Chip Kelly figured this out, Nick Saban figured this out, Bobby Petrino figured this out.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 10:57 AM)Au165 Wrote: That's my point. In the NFL you aren't the most important person in the organization, or the highest paid, you have to be able to get people to buy into the system when they know they are more important that you are. In college you are the highest paid person in the school most likely and you are the face of the program. You can rule with fear in college that doesn't really work in the NFL outside of New England. Chip Kelly figured this out, Nick Saban figured this out, Bobby Petrino figured this out.

Two guys had no business in the NFL and one guy from a long time ago who would be much better at it now.

Players want to win.   They want to play for a coach with a winning formula and there is no doubt Dabo has exactly that.

I expect successful college coaches to more and more start ending up in the NFL.  NFL offenses are college offense now.  And this is what teams are after and will be until the next new wave hits the league.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 08:11 PM)McC Wrote: Two guys had no business in the NFL and one guy from a long time ago who would be much better at it now.

Players want to win.   They want to play for a coach with a winning formula and there is no doubt Dabo has exactly that.

I expect successful college coaches to more and more start ending up in the NFL.  NFL offenses are college offense now.  And this is what teams are after and will be until the next new wave hits the league.

Easy to say that in hindsight but Chip Kelly was the definition of the trendy high octane offensive college coach. He didn’t work because he couldnt lead men. Nick Saban has recounted how he could have won if he had better players, specifically a better QB. In college he goes and gets them in the NFL it’s not that easy. Dabo has a winning college formula, it’s called top 5 recruiting classes the same one Saban has. Any football person will tell you players win football games and in college having better players is far easier than in the NFL with a cap to deal with.

This fad isn’t new, it has been done before throughout the history of the NFL. In general one or two will workout in a blue moon but most will wail and return back to college.
Reply/Quote
It seems like every thread has a coach with ties to Cincy. I fully understand why with MB and his Sheldon Cooper fear of new people but we really need to open the search up. This reminds me of Michigan needing a Michigan man to coach. We need or Cincy Man or he cant coach here.
Reply/Quote
As long as we're living in a fantasy world on this thread: How about Belichick? He has Ohio ties. Perhaps Saban as well. Maybe a Belichick/Saban reunion of sorts.
Reply/Quote