Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bring up Senzel
With Suarez injured for a while, bring up Senzel to play third base.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I think they'll probably bring up Blandino to avoid starting the arbitration clock on Senzel. This season is probably going to be putrid. There's no reason to jump the gun on the organization's best offensive prospect. Gotta keep playing the long game until they look like a team that can win more than 70 ballgames.
Reply/Quote
I hate the arbitration clock shit. I understand why the Reds do it to so many prospects. I just wish it wasn't an option. It feels like fudging the numbers. Unethical and anti-competitive.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2018, 08:52 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I hate the arbitration clock shit. I understand why the Reds do it to so many prospects. I just wish it wasn't an option. It feels like fudging the numbers. Unethical and anti-competitive.

I do, too and it probably is unethical.  However, if you're a team like the Reds and your main goal is keeping payroll low at all costs, then you have to take advantage of it.  

This is a bottom 5, maybe bottom 3 team in MLB.  It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see them finish the season with the worst record in baseball.  There's zero reason to bring the best offensive prospect they have up early and lose a year of service.  I mean, what's the point?  If he turns out to be any good, he'll command a huge salary that this team will not want to/be able to pay.  You have to keep him around any way you can.
Reply/Quote
I agree that bringing him up early would cost the Reds a year with him. However, do we want to win now or in the future? The stadium is looking empty these days.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2018, 03:49 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I agree that bringing him up early would cost the Reds a year with him. However, do we want to win now or in the future? The stadium is looking empty these days.

It ended up being Blandino. I do like blandino over peraze though. Peraza is looking terrible. I would start blandino but I doubt it will happen.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2018, 03:49 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I agree that bringing him up early would cost the Reds a year with him. However, do we want to win now or in the future? The stadium is looking empty these days.

Senzel could be Mike Trout and it wouldn't help them win now.  This team has talent deficits all over.  One guy isn't going to turn them into a playoff team.  He might win them a game or two, but that's probably about it.
Reply/Quote