Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
British Dude breaks down the Bengals offense vs the Steelers
I thought that he did pretty good.

Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Very knowledgable dude. Some of these brits know their stuff. Adam Murfet is very sharp as well. We have a brit Bengal fan here I believe, right? lol.
Reply/Quote
At the 4:27 mark, it looks to me like Burrow could have gone Chase deep for an easy score, especially with some eye or pump fake manipulation.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 10:38 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: At the 4:27 mark, it looks to me like Burrow could have gone Chase deep for an easy score, especially with some eye or pump fake manipulation.

Certainly does look like that. Minkah was keyed in on that underneath route and a quick pump woulda done the trick. Chase through the same because he turns on the Jets. He’s scary when he goes full speed.
Reply/Quote
Well done.. Thanks FSV
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Is it weird that I think it’s cool when someone from another country likes the Bengals?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 10:38 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: At the 4:27 mark, it looks to me like Burrow could have gone Chase deep for an easy score, especially with some eye or pump fake manipulation.

(12-02-2021, 11:02 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Certainly does look like that. Minkah was keyed in on that underneath route and a quick pump woulda done the trick. Chase through the same because he turns on the Jets. He’s scary when he goes full speed.

It definitely could have been a big play . . . but I think that it was obvious that they've toned down the deep ball for a bit. I think they're focusing on shorter passes to set up the deep ball later in the season. Florio said that Joe has stated that he's been taking what the defenses are giving him, which is why his numbers have been so pedestrian compared to before the bye. He's learning . . . "I don't need to be 'the one that wins' every game, I have a good RB that is hungry"
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 08:59 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: It definitely could have been a big play . . . but I think that it was obvious that they've toned down the deep ball for a bit. I think they're focusing on shorter passes to set up the deep ball later in the season. Florio said that Joe has stated that he's been taking what the defenses are giving him, which is why his numbers have been so pedestrian compared to before the bye. He's learning . . . "I don't need to be 'the one that wins' every game, I have a good RB that is hungry"

Minkah didn’t key in on the short route until joe was throwing the ball. There was safety help over the top.
Reply/Quote
Thanks for the share great vid. I remember being incredibly pleased and surprised by the naked boot call. Kudos to ZT. I am typically spot on with whats coming and that caught me off guard. Good aggresive call when we already had a sizeable lead. Love it.
Reply/Quote
Bumpin' this so I can see it tomorrow and don't miss it. Sounds like a good vid to check out. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 08:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Is it weird that I think it’s cool when someone from another country likes the Bengals?

My sister lives in London and went to our last game across the pond.  I forget who we played, but she said there were a pretty decent amount of fans at the game. 
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 08:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Is it weird that I think it’s cool when someone from another country likes the Bengals?

Yes.
Reply/Quote

Actually, he did this for other teams as well. He's more of an analyst - and a lot better than most from what I've seen here in the states.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote

There’s a fair few of us over here!

Followed them since the Carson Palmer draft, and have loved/loathed it ever since. Not a day goes by where I don’t check stuff Bengals related.

Expecting my first child in late February, would’ve been nice to have a boy to pass it all down to, but my girl is going to be just as big a fan as me!

Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
Heck of a catch by Tee at the 4:27 mark... I didn't realize it cause I was at the game but that ball was thrown behind the receiver.

EASILY could of been a pick
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2021, 12:06 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Heck of a catch by Tee at the 4:27 mark... I didn't realize it cause I was at the game but that ball was thrown behind the receiver.

EASILY could of been a pick

What stood out to my novice eyes was that if the throw had been in front of Higgins, it would have definitely been picked by #93. So Joe put it in the only place it could have been completed and Tee made an amazing adjustment to it.

[Image: Cf4VdTF.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2021, 12:49 PM)Earendil Wrote: What stood out to my novice eyes was that if the throw had been in front of Higgins, it would have definitely been picked by #93. So Joe put it in the only place it could have been completed and Tee made an amazing adjustment to it.

[Image: Cf4VdTF.png]

Eh either way you look at it... risky throw / great catch....   Just glad the play was made :)

Obviously if that adjustment hadn't been made it was a pick by the guy in the left corner.  Not sure if it was more accurate it would of been picked the defender to just the right had his back turned.  Joe always say he'd throw if they aren't looking
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2021, 02:47 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Eh either way you look at it... risky throw / great catch....   Just glad the play was made :)

Obviously if that adjustment hadn't been made it was a pick by the guy in the left corner.  Not sure if it was more accurate it would of been picked the defender to just the right had his back turned.  Joe always say he'd throw if they aren't looking

Part of that is, he expects the WR to see what he sees and either slow a bit or sit down on the route to fit it in that window. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Nice vid, great breakdown from a dude I never heard of. He knows his stuff. Saw some stuff in this vid I hadn't seen the
first 3 times I watched the game. Where we were setting up the Steelers for that Tee almost TD. Looking back we also set
them up for the Burrow rush cause we saw it open before. That is the way you set up a Defense and it shows Zac, Brian
and company are really learning along with Burrow of course. Some beautiful throws in their into space by Joe.

Also on the sack when we were in the redzone after the Apple pick I saw Chase come open late if Burrow would of stood
into the pocket, could of been another TD and we would of been up 14-0 instead of just 10-0. It was a Slant route that
Chase ran if anyone wants to look at it again and see if I was wrong.

Bottom line is there were chances in this game to score much more than we even did and I hope the Burrow and the O
have been looking at these plays. I am sure they have been so we can put up even more on the Chargers, might need to
with their Offense even though I like our D way better than the Stealers. Herbert, Ekeler and Keenan Allen are damn good.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2021, 02:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Part of that is, he expects the WR to see what he sees and either slow a bit or sit down on the route to fit it in that window. 

Very much so, but it's also a wee bit late, like much of his deep balls. He's improved but has also gotten lucky a couple of times. It hasn't been about arm strength on the deep ball this year. . . it's been more about about timing and he's been a step or two late more than a few times.

Most people that play QB in pick up football games bird dog or lock in on one receiver and throw to that receiver. Usually, that's a very successful strategy but that gets you killed in organized football.

Advanced organized football QBs read the defense and throw the ball where defenders can't get to it. It's up to the receiver to find/recognize these spaces and adjust on the fly to exploit them. This was the secret of Jeff Blake's deep ball. "I'ma throw this ball as far as I can and angle it to where the defender(s) will be about a yard shy of getting to it. Then, it's up to Carl or Darnay to get underneath it if they want a highlight on NFL Primetime."

Most of the time that I would defend Dalton wasn't because I thought that he was good, It's just that I would defend him on situations where someone was criticizing him for doing what he's trained to do but the receiver was in the wrong spot or didn't read the defense correctly. TJ Houshmandzadeh often said that he could see where someone would see an errant pass and say "Jon Kitna sucks" when the entire time, it was a young receiver running a routine practice route instead of reading the defense and running an adjusted game route.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote