Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
British Dude breaks down the Bengals offense vs the Steelers
My brother in-law is a Brit and is an international pilot for UPS, but unfortunately he does not even know the first thing or even care about football.

Kid who made this video did an outstanding job.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2021, 08:19 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Very much so, but it's also a wee bit late, like much of his deep balls. He's improved but has also gotten lucky a couple of times. It hasn't been about arm strength on the deep ball this year. . . it's been more about about timing and he's been a step or two late more than a few times.

Most people that play QB in pick up football games bird dog or lock in on one receiver and throw to that receiver. Usually, that's a very successful strategy but that gets you killed in organized football.

Advanced organized football QBs read the defense and throw the ball where defenders can't get to it. It's up to the receiver to find/recognize these spaces and adjust on the fly to exploit them. This was the secret of Jeff Blake's deep ball. "I'ma throw this ball as far as I can and angle it to where the defender(s) will be about a yard shy of getting to it. Then, it's up to Carl or Darnay to get underneath it if they want a highlight on NFL Primetime."

Most of the time that I would defend Dalton wasn't because I thought that he was good, It's just that I would defend him on situations where someone was criticizing him for doing what he's trained to do but the receiver was in the wrong spot or didn't read the defense correctly. TJ Houshmandzadeh often said that he could see where someone would see an errant pass and say "Jon Kitna sucks" when the entire time, it was a young receiver running a routine practice route instead of reading the defense and running an adjusted game route.
Exactly right, and it's not necessarily a knock on Burrow, but I completely agree.  
Reply/Quote