Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
British Open At St Andrews
I used to play golf before the wreck and liked it (would have played in high school but it's the same season as football), but it's always been boring as hell to watch.

There's a few events that aren't bad to watch, my favorite of which is the British Open at Saint Andrews just because it's a course where players can just unload and hit the ball as far as possible. That's how I used to play and it worked out pretty well for me. I love how the course is pretty much wide open.

JB Holmes from Kentucky was doing pretty well at 3 under until he got to 15 and made 7 and then made 5 on 17 to finish +1.

Anybody else love the British Open at Saint Andrews?
Reply/Quote
I love golf, recreationally. Tremendous sport to be outdoors...just the environment of being on the course. I don't play enough..maybe once or twice a year. I do watch it on TV though. I played in high school.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It was a great Open this year. Great to see Zach win, although I would have been OK seeing Mark Leischman win considering what his family has gone through. I like Jordan, but could the media quit acting like the world ended because he didn't get his 3rd major before he was 22?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 03:50 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It was a great Open this year.  Great to see Zach win, although I would have been OK seeing Mark Leischman win considering what his family has gone through.  I like Jordan, but could the media quit acting like the world ended because he didn't get his 3rd major before he was 22?

I just think it would have been awesome to see Jordan win the Grand Slam (I realize he still had the PGA after) and I thought he had this one, not to mention that coming up just short of the playoff was a bummer.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 07:47 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I just think it would have been awesome to see Jordan win the Grand Slam (I realize he still had the PGA after) and I thought he had this one, not to mention that coming up just short of the playoff was a bummer.

All that racket going on behind him on that wedge shot he had on the 18th really pissed me off.  Had to step away a couple of times.  That was the shot that took him out of it.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2015, 04:14 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: All that racket going on behind him on that wedge shot he had on the 18th really pissed me off.  Had to step away a couple of times.  That was the shot that took him out of it.

It's Scotland.......  what do you expect?

I said it's one of the few tournaments that I can tolerate to watch, but I even DVRed all four rounds and have just been watching them over and over again.

The course layout is amazing to me and just the entire play that goes on.
Reply/Quote
Way to go Zach Johnson!  Home grown Iowa boy right there. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote