Other
8.33%
5 8.33%
Total 60 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broncos Game Game Ball
(11-20-2017, 12:25 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Tez only made one play that got us the ball back with a short field (44 yards). Dalton had 3 TDs and multiple key 3rd down conversions. In fact, Dalton accounted for all 12 first downs today. Our only rushing first down was - you guessed it - Dalton. Simply put, Dalton had a bigger impact on our offense than Tez did on the defense. 

Somehow, even though Andy made a clutch throw to put us up by 10, we have haters on here wanting to heap criticism on the QB for tossing 3 TDs with 0 turnovers and putting up 20 points on a respectable defense on the road. With no run support. In a place we haven't won since the 70's.

Btw...the defense wouldn't have been in a tight spot at the end if they wouldn't have given up a lengthy TD drive just prior to that. They had a really good day overall though, just as Andy did. So I'm not hating their performance, just responding to your claim that the defense saved our offense's ass at the end. The offense handed the defense a 10 point buffer with 8:56 to play against Brock Osweiler. That should be enough. 

Despite how I feel about the good defensive performance, Tez does not = entire defense. He had one good performance on a unit that played well. Dalton was pretty much the only good performance on offense. Without him, we don't win today. Why you can't come to grips with that is puzzling. I'm not claiming he played like Brady today, but for you to attack anyone that voted Dalton is silly.

Hell you are right. He did almost have 160 yards passing which is basically MVP stuff. 5 less INTs than Nathan Peterman today too. And he directed us to only 8 less first downs than the Brock Osweiler led offense we faced. 

My bad. We are extremely lucky to have a QB who can direct such a prolific offensive display. Sorry i ever expected more from our QB.
Reply/Quote
Drama Queen Dre had a good game, and made the right plays at the right time. Andy did great, too. So did Vontaze, though it looked like he was about to die out there at times.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 01:00 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Hell you are right. He did almost have 160 yards passing which is basically MVP stuff. 5 less INTs than Nathan Peterman today too. And he directed us to only 8 less first downs than the Brock Osweiler led offense we faced. 

My bad. We are extremely lucky to have a QB who can direct such a prolific offensive display. Sorry i ever expected more from our QB.

Nobody said he played like an MVP today. Just that he's a worthy game ball candidate. You attacked my choice, so I'm giving you my reasoning. 

Btw...CBS seems to agree with me:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-11-grades-collapsing-chiefs-get-a-d-vikings-get-an-a-for-throttling-rams/

Quote:The Bengals can pretty much thank Andy Dalton for the win. Although he didn't put up big numbers, he did come through in the clutch. The Bengals QB threw 3 TD passes -- even though he only completed 15 passes the entire game -- and he also helped Cincy's offense convert 7 of 15 third downs, including two on one drive late in the 4th quarter when the Bengals were desperately trying to burn the clock.

I guess John Breech of CBS sports is an Andy fanboy. With that, I'm 100% done with this thread. I just wanted to defend my choice, not take the thread over.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 11:39 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I see the bad line. There are a lot of bad lines in the NFL. Not many offenses as a whole as bad as ours though. 

Ask yourself which part of Denver's team is better, their offense or their defense?  Our defense made the big worthless QB look legit, allowed a ridiculous amount of third down conversions and got gashed in the running game. 

The offense and defense had basically the same kind of game--neither very good but both came up with enough big plays to win.  So, the choice of which was better is basically a tossup, whether the truth fits into your narrative or not.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Dre. That pick was the tone setter for the game.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 10:01 PM)corpjet Wrote: How about Darqueze Dennard for holding down the other corner spot with a great game!

Beat me to it, and why I voted "other".  Dre's pick was because Dennard (I think it was Dennard) blew up the pick play that usually is an easy completion against the Bengals and allowed Dre to make the most Bengal-like play of all time.  A 101 yard INT that was not a TD.  Who else was sure it was going to be 3 points?

Dennard was easily the best CB out there on the Bengal's side of the ball and might have had a better game than everyone not named Aqib Talib.

More Marvinisms:  He isn't starting.  He sits behind Adam Jones and Dre Kirkpatrick.  He is clearly better than both.  Why is that Marv?  

Regardless, Dennard is the real deal and has earned a new contract.  I sure as hell hope they don't let this one get away and get saddled with another draft pick that won't play for three years.  
Reply/Quote
I thought Quezzy had another nice game.....which means he probably won't start next week. Mellow

That said, I rolled with Tez.....nice game, no dumb shit, and made some critical plays.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I love that people get so upset when other people pick Dalton for the game ball. So much hate for one of the best players on the team.
Reply/Quote
PFF gave their Game Ball to Burifct:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-cincinnati-bengals-20-denver-broncos-17
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I went with Dre had that 100 yard INT which was the major difference in the game basically a 14 point swing. He also broke up the last play of the game.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 10:15 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: In all seriousness, it's Dalton, and it's not even close, the guy keeps on plugging no matter what, He's kinda like a less talented Favre. 2 or 3 interceptions, no problem; he grins and keeps throwing. And, when he's on a good roll like today, he keeps rolling! And, let's not forget; he's produced like he has with this coaching staff, pretty incredible if you stop and think about it.

Although I voted "other" and gave it to our #1 DB, Dennard, there is a lot of truth to this post.  I wish he was given the authority to call plays at the LOS and really given the reigns...He clearly has the smarts to handle it.  

If people lost faith in Dalton, look at what happened to the likes of Prescott when his offensive line failed on just one side.  He looked lost and had a horrible game.  At home, with a running game, and with a lot of weapons.  Alex Smith laid an egg against the Giants, coming off a bye, no less.  Flacco?  He has been a fountain of diarrhea since they won a Super Bowl, where he got a ton of credit for Anquan Boldin catching a lot  of up-for-grab balls in the playoffs.  Tannehill?  Sucks.  Jameis Winston?  Lots of hype, not much in the way of results.  

There are no QBs having success with no semblance of a rushing attack and a horrible offensive line.  What Dalton is doing deserves credit, and more importantly, he deserves to make that run for a championship like he was doing in 2015 when his weapons weren't on the bench, he had an OC that knew his ass from a hole in the ground, and was given authority to alter more plays at the LOS.  

I don't know what I hate more....the Bengal's coaching staff for putting these guys in such a horrible disadvantage or the fans that blame Dalton for this mess.  He deserves so much better, and if he ever gets out of here, he will have a fan in me wherever he goes.  
Reply/Quote