Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broncos @ Steelers Game Day Thread
1:00PM Eastern start on Local 12 with Greg Gumbel & Rich Gannon calling the action.

All game comments go here.
Reply/Quote
It would be nice I’ve we had some pass rushers. The charges ...the Steelers ...so disruptive on every play
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 02:48 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: It would be nice I’ve we had some pass rushers. The charges ...the Steelers ...so disruptive on every play

Bud Dupree is a guy the Bengals should consider in free agency this offseason. He has really come into his own as a ROLB. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Helmet to helmet on Bush. No flag.

If that was the Bengals, flag is out immediately. Not a conspiracy, a fact. It's already happened once this year when it clearly wasn't H2H on Bates.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
OPI, no flag. we can do this all day. Not because we want to, because they're allowed to get away with it.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I’m assuming the Broncos line is better than the Bengals so we have n trouble. Driskel still blows.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 03:20 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I’m assuming the Broncos line is better than the Bengals so we have n trouble. Driskel still blows.

Driskel led Jerry Jeudy into a hit that got him knocked out of the game.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 03:16 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: OPI, no flag. we can do this all day. Not because we want to, because they're allowed to get away with it.

I sometimes wonder if it isn't coached into the players. This isn't a league conspiracy thing, it is just a thought I have had several times, you coach your players to commit penalties every play. Offensive line, holds every play, DPI every play, helmet to helmet, and spearing, constantly for the simply reason of knowing that the refs will not flag it every time. Sure, you will get called for it a few times, but if you get away with it 90% of the time, it changes the complex of the game. Your QB has more time, so you score points. Your defense it getting under the skin of the other team and hurting guys so you give up less points. Watching a steelers game is like a highlight reel of infractions, yet, they aren't flagged.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Right tackle #68 getting abused. Why does that sound familiar?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Ofc Claypool catches his first TD before Higgins. Ugh

Reply/Quote
1st and goal and three straight passes with Driskel at QB. Seems the Bengals are not alone in having stupid coaches.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 03:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ofc Claypool catches his first TD before Higgins. Ugh

Laviska Shenault has been one of the most dynamic rookie receiver so far... 

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 04:11 PM)Synric Wrote: Laviska Shenault has been one of the most dynamic rookie receiver so far... 

Pittman was my guy, so he’s who I’ll be keeping an eye on the most.

Reply/Quote
Steelers being dirty? I’m shocked. Shocked I tell you!

Reply/Quote
And a flag football penalty leads to a Bronco TD

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 03:35 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I sometimes wonder if it isn't coached into the players. This isn't a league conspiracy thing, it is just a thought I have had several times, you coach your players to commit penalties every play. Offensive line, holds every play, DPI every play, helmet to helmet, and spearing, constantly for the simply reason of knowing that the refs will not flag it every time. Sure, you will get called for it a few times, but if you get away with it 90% of the time, it changes the complex of the game. Your QB has more time, so you score points. Your defense it getting under the skin of the other team and hurting guys so you give up less points. Watching a steelers game is like a highlight reel of infractions, yet, they aren't flagged.

Yeah. I think players get away with a lot because of what you said, across the league. It just seems like referees subconsciously give perennial good teams the benefit of the doubt way too often. 

The flag on Bates came out instantly, even though replay showed no H2H. They say "err of the side of caution". They should amend that to say "unless it's the steelers". 

Reply/Quote
You know Jeff Driskel must be a jinx everywhere he goes the starting QB ends up hurt and he ends up playing...

Reply/Quote
Remember durning halftime Nate Burleson said this Pitt defense was reminiscent of the Steel Curtain?

They’re about to possibly lose to Jeff Driskel! LMAO

Reply/Quote
Wasted a time out on that challenge, Marvin.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 05:04 PM)Synric Wrote: You know Jeff Driskel must be a jinx everywhere he goes the starting QB ends up hurt and he ends up playing...

But he is playing well in this instance.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote