Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broncos fans, who happened to belong to the Sikh religion, initially refused access
I'm a suspicious old fart, but this is some BS.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25411274/sikh-fans-say-they-were-hassled-by-qualcomm-security-over-turbans

Sikh fans say they were hassled by Qualcomm security over turbans
By Ryan Wilson | CBSSports.com
December 12, 2015 2:30 pm ET

Five friends and Broncos fans drove seven hours from Fresno (Calif.) to San Diego to see their favorite team face the Chargers last Sunday, but they initially weren't allowed into Qualcomm Stadium because three of the men were wearing turbans.
"Three of my buddies, they had turbans on and it was like you guys got to take the turbans off, the security guard goes, and my religion, we are not supposed to take them off," Verinder Mahli said, according to Fox25.
Mahli and his friends are members of the Sikh faith.
The men were eventually allowed into the stadium, but Mahli claims the security supervisor told them that if they ever return to Qualcomm Stadium they cannot wear turbans.
"It's bad, I mean, this is embarrassing for me, because we are Americans at the end of the day," Mahli said. "And we are not supposed to be afraid of fellow Americans."
There's more, via 10News.com:
Quote:At some point Sunday afternoon, a fearful fan called San Diego police about Mahli and his friends. According to police, the caller claimed that three men wearing turbans were fiddling with items in their trunk, and had then left the parking lot.

A tailgater took a photo of a bomb-sniffing dog checking Mahli's vehicle. Police told 10News the dog cleared the car. Malhi said they had simply put a bag in the car after realizing they weren't allowed to take it in the stadium.
"Everybody [is] kind of confusing us with the turbans, because what you see on TV is mostly the terrorists they wear turbans," Mahli explained. "But our turbans [are] different, our faith is different, our beliefs are different."
The city of San Diego is looking into the matter and said the security supervisor is not employed by the city.

[Image: broncos-fans-chargers-turbans-sikh.jpg]
These Broncos fans say security told them not to wear turbans to the stadium again. (10News.com)
If all 5 were Sikh, why don't the other 2 have to wear it? Not questioning their story, just an obvious question.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(12-12-2015, 07:34 PM)6andcounting Wrote: If all 5 were Sikh, why don't the other 2 have to wear it? Not questioning their story, just an obvious question.

Non-practicing or not as strict sect ?
I don't know enough about Sikhs, other than the few I met were really cool guys.
(12-12-2015, 07:13 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I'm a suspicious old fart, but this is some BS.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25411274/sikh-fans-say-they-were-hassled-by-qualcomm-security-over-turbans

Sikh fans say they were hassled by Qualcomm security over turbans
By Ryan Wilson | CBSSports.com
December 12, 2015 2:30 pm ET

Five friends and Broncos fans drove seven hours from Fresno (Calif.) to San Diego to see their favorite team face the Chargers last Sunday, but they initially weren't allowed into Qualcomm Stadium because three of the men were wearing turbans.
"Three of my buddies, they had turbans on and it was like you guys got to take the turbans off, the security guard goes, and my religion, we are not supposed to take them off," Verinder Mahli said, according to Fox25.
Mahli and his friends are members of the Sikh faith.
The men were eventually allowed into the stadium, but Mahli claims the security supervisor told them that if they ever return to Qualcomm Stadium they cannot wear turbans.
"It's bad, I mean, this is embarrassing for me, because we are Americans at the end of the day," Mahli said. "And we are not supposed to be afraid of fellow Americans."
There's more, via 10News.com:
"Everybody [is] kind of confusing us with the turbans, because what you see on TV is mostly the terrorists they wear turbans," Mahli explained. "But our turbans [are] different, our faith is different, our beliefs are different."
The city of San Diego is looking into the matter and said the security supervisor is not employed by the city.

[Image: broncos-fans-chargers-turbans-sikh.jpg]
These Broncos fans say security told them not to wear turbans to the stadium again. (10News.com)
Pretty obvious they had wmd's under the turbans :snark: :ninja:
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
At West Hi back in the 80's, there was a student from India who happened to be Sikh. One day while he was walking into class another kid was messing with him. You know, making fun of him and pushing him, that kind of stuff. This kid from India took it all, didn't do anything but smile and kept walking to his desk.

Then the kid picking on him tapped him on top of his head and this Indian kid just went off and whooped the other kids butt. I mean, he whooped him up something fierce.

Come to find out, his sect held male hair sacred and when he reached a certain age, he would wear a turban. At a certain age, the men stopped cutting their hair and would wrap it in a turban. The higher the turban the more prestige or something like that. It's been a while, I may be mixing things up with other stuff.

Maybe that's why the other two don't have a turban, they aren't old enough yet.

Or,
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Pretty sure running around wearing an NFL jersey = assimilated into western life .

Hope this was more about just giving visiting fans a hard time since San Diego is probably losing the Chargers.
(12-12-2015, 08:10 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Non-practicing or not as strict sect ?
I don't know enough about Sikhs, other than the few I met were really cool guys.

This was my guess, but thought I'd ask.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]