Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Broncos fire coach
Nathaniel Hackett is on the outside looking in after the Broncos fired him 16 games into what can only be described as a disastrous season for the team.

Bengals OC Brian Callahan was a candidate for the job last season under the previous ownership. His work with QBs could make him a favorite for the job this this time around

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 02:57 PM)pally Wrote: Nathaniel Hackett is on the outside looking in after the Broncos fired him 16 games into what can only be described as a disastrous season for the team.

Bengals OC Brian Callahan was a candidate for the job last season under the previous ownership.  His work with QBs could make him a favorite for the job this this time around

Not surprised really butt..... what the hell is going on with Wilson? He has looked like poop on a stick way to often this year! Is he washed up?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Wilson deal is going to kill that franchise for years if he doesn’t revert to previous form. They are stuck with him and his contract and the lost draft picks
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I’ve heard it said that his first year with a new team can be an adjustment period. Was he with Denver for tc?

Edit: talking about Wilson.

Reply/Quote
I guess he couldn’t Hackett…..
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 05:04 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I’ve heard it said that his first year with a new team can be an adjustment period. Was he with Denver for tc?

Edit: talking about Wilson.

Yes, Wilson was traded officially on the first day of the league year. I think the big problem is that Denver seemed confident that they'd get Aaron Rodgers to go with Hackett. I believe the day it was confirmed Rodgers was stating, was the same day the Broncos traded for Wilson. I could see it as the GM and HC not talking. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 06:33 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I guess he couldn’t Hackett…..

Not when you have Russell Wilson being a 240 mil dollar anchor..

Russ has been CRAP this year.
Reply/Quote
Well they can't fire Wilson and someone had to go.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 02:04 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Yes, Wilson was traded officially on the first day of the league year. I think the big problem is that Denver seemed confident that they'd get Aaron Rodgers to go with Hackett. I believe the day it was confirmed Rodgers was stating, was the same day the Broncos traded for Wilson. I could see it as the GM and HC not talking. 

The should fire the GM too....    that Russell Wilson contract will keep them in the basement for the next 4 years
Reply/Quote
I’m so glad Coach Taylor hates to trade picks. I know for a fact he loathes it. The Browns and Denver are screwed deluxe. Whereas Philly has 2 first rounders this year and 2 second rounders next year due to trades. The only way you can keep your mega stars is to bullseye in the draft like we did this year with 3 starters Dax ( next year) CTB and Volson. In 2020 we got Burrow, Tee, and Logan Wilson. We didn’t do as well in 2021 (missed big on Carman) but got Chase, Ossai, Sample, ADG.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 05:08 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’m so glad Coach Taylor hates to trade picks. I know for a fact he loathes it. The Browns and Denver are screwed deluxe. Whereas Philly has 2 first rounders this year and 2 second rounders next year due to trades. The only way you can keep your mega stars is to bullseye in the draft like we did this year with 3 starters Dax ( next year) CTB and Volson. In 2020 we got Burrow, Tee, and Logan Wilson. We didn’t do as well in 2021 (missed big on Carman) but got Chase, Ossai, Sample, ADG.

9 of 2021 draft picks are still on the roster including

major point scorers:

Ja'Marr Chase
Evan McPherson

Key Backups
Joe Ossai
Cam Sample
ADG

Backups
D'Ante Smith
Trey Hill

1 miss out of 7 is not a bad thing unless that miss is your #1 pick.  2021 was a solid draft that put some important players on this team.  But heck if your only 2 success were Chase and McPherson that for many teams would still be considered a success considering their contributions

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 05:55 PM)pally Wrote: 9 of 2021 draft picks are still on the roster including

major point scorers:

Ja'Marr Chase
Evan McPherson

Key Backups
Joe Ossai
Cam Sample
ADG

Backups
D'Ante Smith
Trey Hill

1 miss out of 7 is not a bad thing unless that miss is your #1 pick.  2021 was a solid draft that put some important players on this team.  But heck if your only 2 success were Chase and McPherson that for many teams would still be considered a success considering their contributions

2021 didn’t produce as many starters but it was productive I agree.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote