Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broncos release Russell Wilson, $85M in dead cap hit
Broncos cut Wilson (ESPN)

Must be one of the worst acquisitions ever, no? 2 firsts, 2 seconds, $200+ million deal, zero success and two more years of cap hell. I wonder if any teams will learn from that or just pretend like it never happened. Probably the latter.
Reply/Quote
The whole situation was a weird one. Denver clearly was expecting Rodgers, but panicked and just went after Wilson. It seemed like an odd fit in the beginning and it only got weirder. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
That's so wild. Did they not talk to the coach they traded multiple picks for before trading for him to see if he planned to work with the QB they traded a bunch of picks for and owe an insane amount of money?

This is just unimaginably horrible. I can usually pull out the homer in me and find the bright side of every Bengal move. But dayyyyuumm man. I would think about finding another team if they crushed my hopes and dreams like the moves the Broncos are making.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2024, 11:07 PM)tms Wrote: Broncos cut Wilson (ESPN)

Must be one of the worst acquisitions ever, no? 2 firsts, 2 seconds, $200+ million deal, zero success and two more years of cap hell. I wonder if any teams will learn from that or just pretend like it never happened. Probably the latter.

Everyone could see it coming too

Well Russell could play on Vet Min as Broncos have to still pay him... Which could be bad depending on where he lands
Reply/Quote
hes meeting with the Steelers apparently...

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-steelers-plan-to-meet-with-russell-wilson
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 02:49 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: hes meeting with the Steelers apparently...

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-steelers-plan-to-meet-with-russell-wilson

They could get him for the vet minimum, as the Broncos are on the hook for $39M - whatever salary he signs for.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 05:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They could get him for the vet minimum, as the Broncos are on the hook for $39M - whatever salary he signs for.

right which opens their wallet for more talent
Reply/Quote
Hope Russ goes somewhere else besides the stealers. I don't want to have to hate the guy and he might be good there and that
would suck even more.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 07:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hope Russ goes somewhere else besides the stealers. I don't want to have to hate the guy and he might be good there and that
would suck even more.

I've always disliked him. He comes off corny and phoney to me (and the Legion of Boom). I'd love for him to end up in Pittsburgh. He was exposed in Denver.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 08:15 PM)jason Wrote: I've always disliked him. He comes off corny and phoney to me (and the Legion of Boom). I'd love for him to end up in Pittsburgh. He was exposed in Denver.

Cool Jase, I understand, it was just never the level of hate that I have had for Shitsburgh or even close.
Reply/Quote
hes met with the giants as well now but they already have a QB
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 02:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: hes met with the giants as well now but they already have a QB

I also read that he's scheduled to meet with the Commanders.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 07:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hope Russ goes somewhere else besides the stealers. I don't want to have to hate the guy and he might be good there and that
would suck even more.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Russell Wilson On Steelers' Radar (profootballrumors.com)
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Russ is now planning to sign with the steelers

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-russell-wilson-plans-to-sign-with-the-steelers
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 08:32 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Russ is now planning to sign with the steelers

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-russell-wilson-plans-to-sign-with-the-steelers

[Image: 8itphj.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 01:33 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: 8itphj.jpg]
LETS STEEL!!!!!  lol
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 01:37 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: LETS STEEL!!!!!  lol

I just do not see that Pimo Donna getting along with Tomlin
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 03:57 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I just do not see that Pimo Donna getting along with Tomlin

Hes not gonna like the AFCN
Reply/Quote
RW is much better than Pickens, but we will have to make him pay. Bastid. Whatever
Reply/Quote