Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broncos tried to trade Manning to HOU
I'm surprised to learn someone here other than Coltsfan has taken it upon themselves to be personally offended on behalf of Manning and his noodle arm.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 08:54 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I'm surprised to learn someone here other than Coltsfan has taken it upon themselves to be personally offended on behalf of Manning and his noodle arm.

I think it's more about attempting to interject logic into the thread of a madman.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What logic? That somehow Manning is still a top tier QB? He's not. Sorry that some of you are blinded by his good guy image or his insanely great numbers. Nobody is saying that Manning isn't a first ballot HOFr, I'm just saying he is finished and even his current teams ownership knows it. Probably why they tried to trade him to HOU where most are convinced they have a squad close to competing for a SB minus a QB. Luckily for Texan fans they have someone in charge not blinded by his bloated stats and they laughed in Elways face.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2015, 02:29 PM)Ben Richards Wrote: What logic?  That somehow Manning is still a top tier QB?  He's not.  Sorry that some of you are blinded by his good guy image or his insanely great numbers.  Nobody is saying that Manning isn't a first ballot HOFr, I'm just saying he is finished and even his current teams ownership knows it.  Probably why they tried to trade him to HOU where most are convinced they have a squad close to competing for a SB minus a QB.  Luckily for Texan fans they have someone in charge not blinded by his bloated stats and they laughed in Elways face.

Yes, I'm blinded by the good-guy image of a man who sexually assaulted a woman and I'm too stupid to see how the greatest QB of this generation could possibly be seen as being still relevant.  I'm such a rube for the media spin machine!

Is Peyton done?  Perhaps.

Did people like you blather on about how "done" he was 3 16-game seasons as a top tier QB ago?  Yep.  The fact that the guy can have 2 bad games within the last 2 months of the season and be declared "done" is a testament to how absurdly high the standard even his most vocal critics hold him to.

I'm not even sure where this perceived smugness of the Texans comes from. The idea of a team with a 2-14 season in the recent past and a QB room of Brian Hoyer and Ryan Mallet fighting for the starting gig laughing at even the most broken-down version of Peyton Manning seems a bit off.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2015, 03:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yes, I'm blinded by the good-guy image of a man who sexually assaulted a woman and I'm too stupid to see how the greatest QB of this generation could possibly be seen as being still relevant.  I'm such a rube for the media spin machine!

Is Peyton done?  Perhaps.

Did people like you blather on about how "done" he was 3 16-game seasons as a top tier QB ago?  Yep.  The fact that the guy can have 2 bad games within the last 2 months of the season and be declared "done" is a testament to how absurdly high the standard even his most vocal critics hold him to.

I'm not even sure where this perceived smugness of the Texans comes from.  The idea of a team with a 2-14 season in the recent past and a QB room of Brian Hoyer and Ryan Mallet fighting for the starting gig laughing at even the most broken-down version of Peyton Manning seems a bit off.

Right. He only had 2 bad games and there were injury rumors floating around. People who are declaring him "done" are doing so prematurely - simply because they WANT him to be done. Numbers don't lie. Washed up QB's don't throw for 4700 yards, 39 TD's and a 101.5 rating. Those numbers are ridiculously good.

If you watch him play, you can see that his arm is shot. It's been that way since he went to the Broncos. He throws some cringe-worthy ducks sometimes. Still, Peyton Manning's best attribute has never been his arm, it's been his brain. He's a genius on the field. That's how he's been able to put up the big numbers despite having a Chad Pennington-esque arm.

He's obviously going to fall off at some point, but I think he'll be fine this year as long as they don't have him chuck it 600 times. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2015, 03:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If you watch him play, you can see that his arm is shot. It's been that way since he went to the Broncos. He throws some cringe-worthy ducks sometimes. Still, Peyton Manning's best attribute has never been his arm, it's been his brain. He's a genius on the field. That's how he's been able to put up the big numbers despite having a Chad Pennington-esque arm.

I'd wager if Peyton's arm strength was of such concern then this must have been your man!

[Image: Ryan-Leaf-out-of-prison-Montana.jpg]

Oh, but the Broncos should cut Peyton loose...their backup QB is 6'7!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote