Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am i the only one...
that heard Bob Ryan on the Dan Patrick show this morning say, "the bengals roll up into a ball and piss all over themselves against the patriots. no one up here worries about them, trust me" ?

They were talking about who could beat the Patriots in the playoffs.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
First of all, Bob Ryan is an absolute tool. Only in Boston would anyone listen to that guy.

Also, there was that one game a couple years ago when the Bengals didn't lay down against the Pats. So, while what he said is mostly true, it is most certainly not completely true.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
The Bengals have a much better roster than the Patriots and if the Bengals keep it simple we beat them by 14 assuming if Andy Dalton is healthy.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have the skill and tools, but they have to stop finding ways to shoot themselves in the foot.
Reply/Quote
I hope they keep thinking that ...
Reply/Quote
NE and bella are always trying to portray themselves as unbeatable. Try to beat you before you step on the field. Brady doesn't have the team around him that he has had in the past. They are a good team but I don't believe they are much more than that. Thats my opinion.
Reply/Quote
I think we need a healthy Dalton to feel like we're favored against NE.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I was at the 2013 Bengals @ Steelers game when it was clear the Bengals were winning the AFC North and the Steelers weren't making the playoffs. More than one person said something to the tune of "Let the Bengals make the playoffs, they aren't going to win anything." The jerk was right 2 games into our current 4 game post-season losing streak.

I don't blame the fans of certain teams for having annoyingly high levels of confidence. I fully expect Seahawks, Steelers, and Patriots fans to go into the playoffs thinking "Who cares about records or injuries, OUR team is the most dangerous and awesome and gonna win 'em all!" because those teams HAVE done that sort of thing (though it's been a while for the Steelers).

But what can we do? We like to talk about the Bengals being the most talented team in the NFL, but we don't want to admit that we massively underachieve in the post-season? Can you have it both ways? We either aren't as talented as we think we are, or we're just not getting it done. As of now it seems our detractors think we ARE talented, but don't execute. I can't disagree until I see differently.
Reply/Quote

[Image: 1935748_1055132161206453_425974204695385...e=57150B4E]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 09:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I was at the 2013 Bengals @ Steelers game when it was clear the Bengals were winning the AFC North and the Steelers weren't making the playoffs.  More than one person said something to the tune of "Let the Bengals make the playoffs, they aren't going to win anything."  The jerk was right 2 games into our current 4 game post-season losing streak.

I don't blame the fans of certain teams for having annoyingly high levels of confidence.  I fully expect Seahawks, Steelers, and Patriots fans to go into the playoffs thinking "Who cares about records or injuries, OUR team is the most dangerous and awesome and gonna win 'em all!" because those teams HAVE done that sort of thing (though it's been a while for the Steelers).

But what can we do?  We like to talk about the Bengals being the most talented team in the NFL, but we don't want to admit that we massively underachieve in the post-season?  Can you have it both ways?  We either aren't as talented as we think we are, or we're just not getting it done.  As of now it seems our detractors think we ARE talented, but don't execute.  I can't disagree until I see differently.

Yup. Though, i'm not going to lie--it was a little surprising hearing a well known writer give such a strong statement on the radio.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote