Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brown Cited For Going Over 100 MPH........
I guess throwing furniture off a balcony lost its luster, so Antonio Brown has stepped-it-up to driving over 100 mph!

Make no mistake it about it, this wasn't an expressway where cars speed (not that fast, but a little speeding is normal), but rather this was a HIGHWAY:

Quote:New video shows police pursuing Antonio Brown’s black Porsche on McKnight Rd this morning.

It must be nice to play for the Steelers and be above the law and above the rules of human decency.

Seriously, this looks like mid-afternoon, so likely there was people around and other cars! I looked it up and the speed limit is 40 to 45 mph!

Quote:"I didn't kill or even injure anyone when I threw that furniture off the balcony, so nothing bad can happen, right?!"

What's hilarious is the Steelers and the NFL will look the other way for this.

That entire organization is such a disgrace because the NFL and even law enforcement refuse to punish any of them. It's like that punk of a kid with rich parents that keeps breaking the law and tormenting other kids because his parents refuse to punish him.

How anyone can have any respect for that team is still just inconceivable to me.
(11-08-2018, 11:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I guess throwing furniture off a balcony lost its luster, so Antonio Brown has stepped-it-up to driving over 100 mph!

Make no mistake it about it, this wasn't an expressway where cars speed (not that fast, but a little speeding is normal), but rather this was a HIGHWAY:

It must be nice to play for the Steelers and be above the law and above the rules of human decency.  

Seriously, this looks like mid-afternoon, so likely there was people around and other cars!  I looked it up and the speed limit is 40 to 45 mph!  

That entire organization is such a disgrace because the NFL and even law enforcement refuse to punish any of them.  It's like that punk of a kid with rich parents that keeps breaking the law and tormenting other kids because his parents refuse to punish him.

How anyone can have any respect for that team is still just inconceivable to me.

Quick question:  If someone is ticketed for breaking the law are they still "above the law"?

And if someone just *says* the Steelers and the NFL will look the other way (about a speeding ticket) does that make it true?  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
(11-08-2018, 11:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: Quick question:  If someone is ticketed for breaking the law are they still "above the law"?

And if someone just *says* the Steelers and the NFL will look the other way (about a speeding ticket) does that make it true?  

There is also an article about this on NFL.com, so if they are "looking the other way" on this they're doing a really crappy job of it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-08-2018, 11:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: Quick question:  If someone is ticketed for breaking the law are they still "above the law"?

Quick answer:  Any normal person would be punished for this.  He'll barely get a slap on the wrist, if anything.  Given their history, I'd be willing to bet the officers that pulled them over took pictures with him.

Also, it's about his attitude of thinking he's above the law.

And, given their history, it's likely that they'll look the other way.  
(11-08-2018, 11:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: There is also an article about this on NFL.com, so if they are "looking the other way" on this they're doing a really crappy job of it.

So is that the punishment?  An article on NFL.com?  You're right, that's not looking the other way  Rolleyes

And it was a side link!  Not even one of the stories with a big picture!  They're sliding it under the rug!

Don't believe me?  Look how short the "article" is:

Quote:PITTSBURGH - Police say Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown was stopped for speeding over 100 mph in his Porsche, just hours before the team's game against the Carolina Panthers

Ross Township police tell WPXI-TV that an officer was searching for a bank robbery suspect Thursday when a black Porsche sped by.

The officer pulled the car over and the driver was identified as Brown. 

He was cited for reckless driving. 
The Steelers say they're aware of the situation and won't have further comment. A message seeking comment from his publicist wasn't immediately returned. 
The Steelers have a game against the Panthers on Thursday night at Heinz Field.

The Panthers have won three games in a row while Pittsburgh has put together four straight wins to take control of the AFC North.

They talk about the game and don't even care what he did!
(11-08-2018, 11:59 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Quick answer:  Any normal person would be punished for this.

Sounds like about 75% of the posts in the political forum. 

(11-09-2018, 12:04 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: So is that the punishment?  An article on NFL.com?  You're right, that's not looking the other way  Rolleyes 

And it was a side link!  Not even one of the stories with a big picture!  They're sliding it under the rug!

Don't believe me?  Look how short the "article" is:

They talk about the game and don't even care what he did!

It's not "looking the other way" to put a headline about it on one of the most popular websites on the planet.  No, I very much do NOT consider that "looking the other way."  This just occurred, so there is plenty of time to go over the details as they emerge.  Anyways, boys will be boys and all that crap.
(11-08-2018, 11:59 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Quick answer:  Any normal person would be punished for this.  He'll barely get a slap on the wrist, if anything.  Given their history, I'd be willing to bet the officers that pulled them over took pictures with him.

Also, it's about his attitude of thinking he's above the law.

And, given their history, it's likely that they'll look the other way.  

WRONG. Back in my 20's, I sped past a policeman doing 120 in a 55 at night. I didn't realize it was a state cop and him and his partner said I was going so fast that their radar gun couldn't get me. They turned around and was going triple digits to catch me. When they finally caught me, I was doing 70 in a 45. I fully cooperated with them and they said they would knock it down to 15 over. They said they knew I was going well over 100, but were going to cut me slack since they didn't tag me and I slowed down and cooperated. They could have made up a number and said that's what I was doing and pulled me out of the car and took my license or what else. Being nice and cooperative goes a long way to getting off. I've been pulled over quite a few times for various things like expired inspection, brake lights out, speeding, etc. I only ever received 3 tickets. I don't speed anymore because I'm getting older and I value my life now and the car I'm driving. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not proud of my past. I'm pretty embarrassed about some of the things I did and shocked I didn't get in trouble for it, but it's to prove that normal people do sometimes get off and aren't always punished for it. 
(11-09-2018, 01:59 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: WRONG. Back in my 20's, I sped past a policeman doing 120 in a 55 at night. I didn't realize it was a state cop and him and his partner said I was going so fast that their radar gun couldn't get me. They turned around and was going triple digits to catch me. When they finally caught me, I was doing 70 in a 45. I fully cooperated with them and they said they would knock it down to 15 over. They said they knew I was going well over 100, but were going to cut me slack since they didn't tag me and I slowed down and cooperated. They could have made up a number and said that's what I was doing and pulled me out of the car and took my license or what else. Being nice and cooperative goes a long way to getting off. I've been pulled over quite a few times for various things like expired inspection, brake lights out, speeding, etc. I only ever received 3 tickets. I don't speed anymore because I'm getting older and I value my life now and the car I'm driving. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not proud of my past. I'm pretty embarrassed about some of the things I did and shocked I didn't get in trouble for it, but it's to prove that normal people do sometimes get off and aren't always punished for it. 

How old are you now?  The timeframe that you did it definitely matters.  

Also, where was it?  Highway or expressway?  Did you have a history of breaking the law?  Had you just thrown furniture off of a balcony at a hotel or done anything else to make the police believe that you might have a history of erratic behavior?
(11-09-2018, 02:56 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: How old are you now?  The timeframe that you did it definitely matters.  

Also, where was it?  Highway or expressway?  Did you have a history of breaking the law?  Had you just thrown furniture off of a balcony at a hotel or done anything else to make the police believe that you might have a history of erratic behavior?

I'm 42 now. It's been almost 20 years ago. It was on a state road where lots of deer are seen which luckily none jumped out in front of me or I'd be dead probably. I'm not saying you're definitely wrong. Heck, maybe that policeman wouldn't have given an ordinary Joe a break and that he's not getting preferential treatment being a sports star. I think sometimes everyday people do get off a little easier. I also don't have a history of breaking the law. I'm not a troublemaker. If I was a cop I would make an example of the sports stars and celebrity's because people look up to them and they may think if their favorite celebrity gets away with it, why can't I?
(11-09-2018, 03:26 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I'm 42 now. It's been almost 20 years ago. It was on a state road where lots of deer are seen which luckily none jumped out in front of me or I'd be dead probably. I'm not saying you're definitely wrong. Heck, maybe that policeman wouldn't have given an ordinary Joe a break and that he's not getting preferential treatment being a sports star. I think sometimes everyday people do get off a little easier. I also don't have a history of breaking the law. I'm not a troublemaker. If I was a cop I would make an example of the sports stars and celebrity's because people look up to them and they may think if their favorite celebrity gets away with it, why can't I?

First off, things were a hell of a lot different in 1998 than they are today.  Cops can't give anyone a break anymore because it would be all over social media and the internet in general.  There's also cameras and social media everywhere, so it would be blown up, making it impossible to ignore.

Also, being at night and, not sure what the road is like, there was less-likely to be anyone out on the road to hit, whether it be a car or a person.  And don't try to argue "well, at night, it's worse regardless because you can't see them," because, going that fast, you wouldn't have time to react, dark or not.  
(11-09-2018, 03:38 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: First off, things were a hell of a lot different in 1998 than they are today.  Cops can't give anyone a break anymore because it would be all over social media and the internet in general.  There's also cameras and social media everywhere, so it would be blown up, making it impossible to ignore.

Also, being at night and, not sure what the road is like, there was less-likely to be anyone out on the road to hit, whether it be a car or a person.  And don't try to argue "well, at night, it's worse regardless because you can't see them," because, going that fast, you wouldn't have time to react, dark or not.  

Well I agree that things are a lot different now, time's changed. I know my cousin who is a cop in Lancaster County said if his mother was speeding and drove past him, he would pull her over and give her a ticket. He won't play favorites and give out warnings. That's the kind of police we need out on the streets. I know if I wouldn't have gotten as many warnings as I did back in the day, I wouldn't have drove as reckless as I did. The last time I was caught in 2011 once doing 50 in a 35 because the sign just changed from 45 to 35 and I didn't see it and was pulled over. I cooperated with him and he said if I plead not guilty and went to court he would knock it down. The day of my hearing he knocked it down from 50 in a 35 to failure to obey traffic control devices and there was no points on my license and the fine was smaller. Now last year I drove my brother's car and got pulled over and the cop said my inspection sticker expired. I didn't know it because my brother never said anything to me and I don't pay attention to other people's inspection stickers. I cooperated, but it did no good. He said I was driving the car and should have known. My brother paid it, since it was his fault. I'm sure some sports star would have gotten off with that though.
Brown can't drive 55. Wasn't he driving a porsche? 100 isn't nothing in those.
(11-08-2018, 11:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I guess throwing furniture off a balcony lost its luster, so Antonio Brown has stepped-it-up to driving over 100 mph!

Seriously, this looks like mid-afternoon, so likely there was people around and other cars!  I looked it up and the speed limit is 40 to 45 mph!  

That entire organization is such a disgrace because the NFL and even law enforcement refuse to punish any of them.  It's like that punk of a kid with rich parents that keeps breaking the law and tormenting other kids because his parents refuse to punish him.

Please, Brad, tell us more about responsible driving ...   Mellow

Please, Brad, tell us more about responsible driving ...   Mellow

Also, I'm not sure where you got mid-afternoon. The story you linked to said it was in the morning and it included a video that showed no other cars heading in that direction other than Brown's and the patrol car.

And since it's you, I guess I'll need to explain that I'm engaging in smack here and do not actually wish to defend Brown's wreckless actions. My intent here (which you surely have already discerned with your mind-reqding abilities) is to smack you, not to defend him.
(11-09-2018, 03:02 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Please, Brad, tell us more about responsible driving ...   Mellow

// thread CLOSED!!

LMAO
(11-09-2018, 03:02 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Please, Brad, tell us more about responsible driving ...   Mellow

I’d say I’m definitely one that can attest to how dangerous speeding is but I wasn’t going to bring the obvious into this thread....... thanks for pointing out that I’m a perfect example of why speeding can kill or harm to the worst degree!

You know I’m doing something right when Steelers fans are arguing my point against themselves!
(11-09-2018, 05:39 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I’d say I’m definitely one that can attest to how dangerous speeding is but I wasn’t going to bring the obvious into this thread....... thanks for pointing out that I’m a perfect example of why speeding can kill or harm to the worst degree!

You know I’m doing something right when Steelers fans are arguing my point against themselves!

I’m arguing your point in agreement with you. Didn’t you read the part where I explained that I wasn’t really defending him but rather smacking you? You may have no room to judge, and you've got a few details wrong, but I still agree with you that Brown was reckless and should be disciplined. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t get fined ...
(11-09-2018, 03:38 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: First off, things were a hell of a lot different in 1998 than they are today.  Cops can't give anyone a break anymore because it would be all over social media and the internet in general.  There's also cameras and social media everywhere, so it would be blown up, making it impossible to ignore.

wait, aren't you arguing that the cops ARE giving Brown a break on this one and that the NFL IS ignoring it?
(11-09-2018, 07:03 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I’m arguing your point in agreement with you. Didn’t you read the part where I explained that I wasn’t really defending him but rather smacking you? You may have no room to judge, and you've got a few details won't, but I still agree with you that Brown was reckless and should be disciplined. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t get fined ...

Actually, considering I wasn’t the one driving, and the fact that I wanted to leave when he unexpectedly took us speeding/joy riding, I think I do have room to judge.

Thank you for continuously strengthening my argument!
(11-09-2018, 07:25 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Actually, considering I wasn’t the one driving, and the fact that I wanted to leave when he unexpectedly took us speeding/joy riding, I think I do have room to judge.

Thank you for continuously strengthening my argument!

I’ve already agreed with you twice. Brown was unnecessarily reckless.