Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Brown Family/Bengals Finances
(07-22-2022, 01:09 PM)pally Wrote: Mike Brown is generally considered the 2nd poorest (relative term) NFL owner next to Mark Davis of the Raiders who shares ownership with his mother.

As we move into negotiations with the team's biggest stars, cash assets or the ability to access cash is paramount because of the escrow rules.  It is unlikely that the Browns, despite their overall wealth, have the cash on hand to place hundreds of millions of dollars into an escrow account for multiple guaranteed contracts unlike owners like Haslam and Walton.

This offseason Mark Davis guaranteed...
$65.7m to Adams
$32m to C Jones
$21m to Renfrow
$65.3m to Carr
$53m to Crosby

Even "poor" NFL owners have money. The new TV deal is nearly $10.3 billion per year. That's not counting the expected $2-3 billion per year for Sunday Ticket. Also gambling money, revenue sharing, their share of local revenue (tickets of which even the worst team got $51m with the best getting $119m, merch, concessions, sponsors, partnerships), etc, etc, etc... the NFL generated a record $11b in national revenue alone last year, a record that beat even 2019 when the NFL had a total revenue of over $15b, which is only going to explode even further by multiple billions when the new TV deal starts next year.

Mike Brown doesn't need the fans pre-excusing his bank account.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 03:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Mike Brown may have a net worth of $925M, but the Bengals team is worth more than double that amount.

If Mike Brown's net woth has only kept up with inflation, as suggested in that article, he needs to find a new wealth management team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2022, 02:35 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Mike Brown doesn't need the fans pre-excusing his bank account.

It's a weird Cincinnati sports fandom tradition to try to explain why our billionaire owners can't afford players all the while the franchises' values increase exponentially.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2022, 12:34 PM)RiverRat13 Wrote: It's a weird Cincinnati sports fandom tradition to try to explain why our billionaire owners can't afford players all the while the franchises' values increase exponentially.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Mike Brown is an attorney and a very smart money man. I believe he bought out the other nonfamily members ownership in the early 2000's or when he was in his 60's. I have a strong hunch he has a great estate plan and Katie and his son Mike already own a huge portion of the team. My guess is they each own at least 24.5% or 49% combined.

If so, then the value of the Bengals has already been transferred by almost 50% and Mike Brown's net worth had been almost cut in half. I good estate attorney has been planning the transfer for probably 30 years. I am not concerned.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
When did posting reality become "making excuses"? It does take a lot of financial acumen to understand, that depositing $170 MIL in cash into an account is easier for someone worth $60 Billion than for someone worth $2 Billion.

It's quite possible that the mega-rich owners can "out capital" the mom and pops of the league. But we are currently in great shape and that's because of our front office.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2022, 12:41 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Mike Brown is an attorney and a very smart money man. I believe he bought out the other nonfamily members ownership in the early 2000's or when he was in his 60's. I have a strong hunch he has a great estate plan and Katie and his son Mike already own a huge portion of the team. My guess is they each own at least 24.5% or 49% combined.

If so, then the value of the Bengals has already been transferred by almost 50% and Mike Brown's net worth had been almost cut in half. I good estate attorney has been planning the transfer for probably 30 years. I am not concerned.

EDIT: Totally misread your post. Lol. Ignore my reading failure.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Think the MB/Blackburns are doing an incredible job presently.

But if the future rule changes proves them not wealthy enough to play to win in the NFL ? Then they should sell the team to someone who can.

Yet I believe they will figure it out and keep the train rolling.

Kudos to the fantastic job they're doing.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote