Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brown Family Dynamics
(07-29-2021, 10:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Right, but if you’re trying to describe him in one word I think stubborn is it. From being stuck in the past, to holding onto coaches and players too long, to not caring what fans think even if change could benefit him , etc. He’s just an incredibly stubborn individual.

I did add to my original post...lost track of what I was doing.

I'm saying the guy would likely be a lot less stubborn if he had someone keeping him accountable for the failings that stubbornness leads to.  It's like this...in high school one of our friends was late, always late.  We'd say "Hey, we're going to walk down to the pizza place, want to come with?"  And he'd say "Yeah, I'll be right over."  And we'd wait an hour and then walk to his place and he'd be sitting on his computer on ICQ and barely acknowledge us walking in.  We'd sit there a while and after the 10th time he said "Just a minute and we'll go" we'd leave without him.

Now this same guy held down a job, so he clearly knew how to show up someplace on time when he was supposed to be on time.  He would have been fired if he showed up hours late for work.  At one point in my life I'd take stuff like this personally, but then I realized that it just wasn't worth it.  We, his friends, had no authority other than just going without him to punish the guy so he didn't need to put forth the effort to "stop being late."  He wasn't "always late" he was just none to respectful of our time and didn't care if his word meant zilch to us.

So that's how I see it.  Mike Brown went to law school and I assume he didn't just go in there and say "This is the way I do law, now recognize it and give me my damn degree."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You lost me…

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2021, 10:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You lost me…

I'm saying you can't just how stubborn a man is based upon how he does something where he can't be held accountable.  
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2021, 10:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm saying you can't just how stubborn a man is based upon how he does something where he can't be held accountable.  

I disagree. He might not get “fired” since he doesn’t answer to anyone, but his stubbornness has cost him plenty of money over the years. If we were a more successful franchise (or even more fan friendly) he could have made a lot more money. Not changing even when it would benefit you just because you’re stuck in your ways is just plain…well… stubborn.

Reply/Quote
I know when Katie started coming out and speaking more to the public, fans thought she was going to be the one to get us on track when Mike retired. At times, it seems like she's kind of stubborn like her dad, so who knows?

Elizabeth is a breath of fresh air who seems willing to truly listen to the fans. Hopefully she'll keep that attitude as she climbs the ranks in the front office.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 01:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I disagree. He might not get “fired” since he doesn’t answer to anyone, but his stubbornness has cost him plenty of money over the years. If we were a more successful franchise (or even more fan friendly) he could have made a lot more money. Not changing even when it would benefit you just because you’re stuck in your ways is just plain…well… stubborn.

Well you've got a point there.  
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2021, 12:52 PM)pally Wrote: Maybe this says it all....

Elizabeth Blackburn could of just took her job as Director of Strategy & Engagement, improving the Twitter feed, and been done with it.

But we have new uniforms. We have far more fan engagement on all forms of social media. We now have a Ring of Honor. She's offering prizes for season-ticket holders. She helped develop a team vision statement that reflects fans’ aspirations. She wants a stronger connection to the community.

She seems to be very intense, smart, intuitive, positive and energetic from what everyone is saying and from what I see from my own two eye's.

She is a super fan of football, just like Paul Brown.

I see a very bright future for her.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 08:45 AM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: Elizabeth Blackburn could of just took her job as Director of Strategy & Engagement, improving the Twitter feed, and been done with it.

But we have new uniforms. We have far more fan engagement on all forms of social media. We now have a Ring of Honor. She's offering prizes for season-ticket holders. She helped develop a team vision statement that reflects fans’ aspirations. She wants a stronger connection to the community.

She seems to be very intense, smart, intuitive, positive and energetic from what everyone is saying and from what I see from my own two eye's.

She is a super fan of football, just like Paul Brown.

I see a very bright future for her.

It sucks that interest in keeping up with the competition seems to have skipped 2 generations, but I'll take it. Only issue is that I'll be in my 80s by the time she is 1st in line.  
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 09:00 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It sucks that interest in keeping up with the competition seems to have skipped 2 generations, but I'll take it. Only issue is that I'll be in my 80s by the time she is 1st in line.  

This is the big one - liz beth
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 09:40 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: This is the big one - liz beth

Now there is an old stubborn bastard with charisma. Lamont you dummy, you made me hire Zac Taylor!
Reply/Quote