Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brown Was Benched Sunday
It was reported that Antonio Brown missed the game because he had a knee injury, but apparently he was benched for missing practices and meetings this week:

Quote:The Post-Gazette said the entire fiasco started at a Wednesday walkthrough when Brown had a disagreement with a teammate. The Post-Gazette didn’t provide details of what happened or which of Brown’s teammates he was upset with, but said Brown “became disgusted and threw a football in anger at one of his teammates.” Kinkhabwala didn’t specify if Brown threw a football at Roethlisberger.

Brown then sat out practice the rest of the week, and a Steelers player told the Post-Gazette that it was Brown’s decision. Kinkhabwala confirmed that Brown skipped practices and meetings during the week.

Another part of the Post-Gazette’s story will draw some attention from the league office: The story said “Brown’s knee wasn’t an issue at all and was never tested.” There were reports throughout the week about discomfort he was having with the knee. Brown was listed as missing practice on Wednesday due to a coach’s decision, then that changed to “coach’s decision/knee” on Thursday.

Someone wanted to leak to the media that Brown’s knee was bad, presumably to cover up what was going on. The NFL doesn’t take kindly to teams lying on the injury report.

The video says that Mike Tomlin says "we'll tolerate you until we can replace you."

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

What a *****! "You can hold us by the balls and we won't do anything about it because you're good!"

So what will the Steelers do? Absolutely nothing.

Quote:Brown is one of the best receivers in the NFL, and a sure Hall of Famer. It’s also not the first time the Steelers have had off-field issues with him. The Post-Gazette said Brown skipped a mandatory meeting leading up to a Week 16 game against the Saints, but still played.

It’s a tough position to be in. Brown’s behavior, according to Post-Gazette’s sources, is unacceptable. He’s also an irreplaceable player. The Steelers looked out of sorts in a 16-13 win over the Bengals, though one player told the Post-Gazette that the situation last week with Brown and how the team handled it affected his desire to play in the game. It seems fair to wonder if all of the drama was a reason the Steelers didn’t play well.

Brown will turn 31 next season. JuJu Smith-Schuster has emerged as a legitimate star after two seasons. If the Steelers were going to move on from Brown, it would be easier now than ever before.

After Monday’s report from the Post-Gazette, it’s hard to see how Brown could return in 2019.

The video says he and Ben got into it, but the Steelers have no respect as a franchise and will bring him back.

That franchise is falling apart!

Fans and players gotta be pissed because it seems like the sky is falling in Pittsburg!
Reply/Quote
First bell, now brown....the prima donna syndrome is becoming a problem over there.
Reply/Quote
Bet he throws the report of him getting benched right out the window. Wink
Reply/Quote
He got his little feelers hurt because he wasn't named team MVP, poor feller.

LMAO
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I can't understand him being upset with Ben. When ever there has been any other QB playing he turned into dog crap. He should go over and mow Ben's lawn and anything else he needs done. BEN MADE AB.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 06:09 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: The Steelers locker room is so full of divas. Makes me wonder if this is the season the wheels fall off.

(11-19-2018, 02:45 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Ahem ... 

(11-19-2018, 05:39 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: It isn’t over.

(11-20-2018, 06:14 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: No, it isn't. But if those wheels were going to fall off for the reason you suggested in September, they'd have done so by now. They may yet show they are not the best team in the league, but they've more than proven they have the fortitude to survive 'divas'.

Popcorn

Reply/Quote
Heard he threw ball at Ben in practice and then left. Returned on Sunday expecting to play and was informed differently.

He supposedly left at halftime of game as well. This will get ugly unless Ben retires.

Side note - TJ Houshmanzadeh said on radio today that when he arrived at the Bengals under Dick LeBeau the training camps from midnight to 5 am were nothing but strippers and partying. Claims Marvin put a stop to it.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 12:33 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Heard he threw ball at Ben in practice and then left. Returned on Sunday expecting to play and was informed differently.

He supposedly left at halftime of game as well. This will get ugly unless Ben retires.

Side note - TJ Houshmanzadeh said on radio today that when he arrived at the Bengals under Dick LeBeau the training camps from midnight to 5 am were nothing but strippers and partying. Claims Marvin put a stop to it.

Would explain the quick turnaround Marvin was able to accomplish. It’s a shame that Marvin’s ceiling wasn’t higher because his high floor did a lot for Cincinnati.

Reply/Quote

Popcorn

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 12:33 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Heard he threw ball at Ben in practice and then left. Returned on Sunday expecting to play and was informed differently.

They have a lot of serious problems ! 
Reply/Quote
Ryan Clark rips Brown...

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 02:28 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Ryan Clark rips Brown...

Yeah I saw that this morning. Dude is a cancer. JuJu will no doubt follow suit. All in due time.

Mike Tonkin might be my favorite coach in the NFL.

Reply/Quote
Bengals fans rejoice the Killer Bees are trying to kill each other.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 10:39 PM)Beaker Wrote: First bell, now brown....the prima donna syndrome is becoming a problem over there.

We've come a long way from the Chuck Noll era.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 02:33 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Yeah I saw that this morning. Dude is a cancer. JuJu will no doubt follow suit. All in due time.

Mike Tonkin might be my favorite coach in the NFL.

JuJu definitely gives off the vibe as a future prima donna.  He's already showing signs of being the next diva WR in the NFL.  Guys like AJ Green who are elite receivers but play the game without trying to make it all about them, are few and far between anymore.  There need to be more AJ's and fewer AB's in the league

Frankly, if I never see that stupid AB first down point with the football again, Ill be a happy man.  Dude is an immense talent that is also an incredible distraction.  Witnessing the implosion of the steelers is fascinating to me
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 04:39 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: We've come a long way from the Chuck Noll era.

Pittsburgh Steroids Steeler era  Whatever
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 07:15 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Pittsburgh Steroids Steeler era  Whatever

I think you mean the NFL steroid era. But I was mainly referring to how Noll wouldn't abide the sort of behavior we are seeing from Bell and Brown.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 07:30 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I think you mean the NFL steroid era. But I was mainly referring to how Noll wouldn't abide the sort of behavior we are seeing from Bell and Brown.

Different era.

With the age of Free Agency and high salary players they have the leverage on coaches. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 07:30 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I think you mean the NFL steroid era. But I was mainly referring to how Noll wouldn't abide the sort of behavior we are seeing from Bell and Brown.

PLEASE....look at their DIVA QB!  The guy is running mild!

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 07:39 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Different era.

With the age of Free Agency and high salary players they have the leverage on coaches. 

The Steelers way of doing business is dead.  You can't strongarm players the way they have for so long in today's league.  They had issues with it this year with Bell, and it looks like they will have issues next year with Brown.  They would eat like a $14 mil cap hit if they trade him next year and they're trying to cling to their "we don't cave to player demands" cred, which is slipping after the Bell fiasco.

With Bell, you can at least see where he's coming from.  He wants to hit UFA and get the best deal he can get while he's still in his prime.  With Brown, it doesn't add up, because the Rooneys have practically fallen over themselves to back the Brinks truck up time and time again.

They really brought it on themselves, though.  They built their team around very talented players with character issues, and it's bit them.  Now, they're basically looking at a rebuild with an average coach and an aging QB.
Reply/Quote