Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Brown confirms
(02-20-2019, 02:39 PM)Synric Wrote: What do the Steelers fans here think he's worth trade value right now?

I'm going with a 3rd and 5th depending on draft spots. He's a great receiver but his contract is huge and you can get out from under it, he is been very vocal about attacking the team publicly, and has been in alot of headlines as a nutcase a few times in just the last year alone.

Lol think I talked myself into a 4th round pick.

I would think there might only be a handful of teams who would be interested.  You'd have to think you'd only want him if you think he is the final piece of the puzzle and you're all in on this year being your year.  Otherwise, the risk would be too much, wouldn't it?

And no matter what, Brown needs to shut the hell up right now.  He has to get the hell off the crazy train.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2019, 03:36 PM)McC Wrote: I would think there might only be a handful of teams who would be interested.  You'd have to think you'd only want him if you think he is the final piece of the puzzle and you're all in on this year being your year.  Otherwise, the risk would be too much, wouldn't it?

And no matter what, Brown needs to shut the hell up right now.  He has to get the hell off the crazy train.

Maybe he realizes he has it pretty good in Pitt, and is trying to sabotage any trade chances.  Jerry
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2019, 03:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Maybe he realizes he has it pretty good in Pitt, and is trying to sabotage any trade chances.  Jerry
LOL.  There ya go.  The only way he can get out of this mess without saying he was wrong.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2019, 03:33 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So basically, they're a bunch of chokers.

You could say that. But here’s the thing: stats don’t always tell the whole story. You can hide your liabilities up to a point, but if they can be exploited when the game is on the line, ultimately you’ve got a crap defense.

The point is that this defense (paired with a crap kicker) was never going to be good enough to take even the best offensive roster to the promised land.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2019, 02:00 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Apparently English is a hard language.....

At the risk of saying something completely irrelevant (Yeah, I know..THAT would be unheard of from me) English is a kind of tough language to learn. Thankfully for the world's non-English speakers we have Hollywood to help. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 10:00 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: You could say that.  But here’s the thing: stats don’t always tell the whole story.  You can hide your liabilities up to a point, but if they can be exploited when the game is on the line, ultimately you’ve got a crap defense.  

The point is that this defense (paired with a crap kicker) was never going to be good enough to take even the best offensive roster to the promised land.

I felt that way with the mid-2000's Bengals with Chuck Bresnahan and Shayne Graham.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote