Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brown get Conklin
Why am I surprised we are doing nothing again? This team just doesn’t get it.. Guess it’s another year of signing no good FAs, Burrow would be stupid not to pull an Eli
Reply/Quote
Couple that with the Austin Hooper signing and Cleveland has had a good day

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Cleveland always go big in free agency.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 06:13 PM)pally Wrote: Couple that with the Austin Hooper signing and Cleveland has had a good day

Piss! I would have been stoked if we had signed Conklin. To find out that he's a Brown blows.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 06:11 PM)Bengals731 Wrote: Why am I surprised we are doing nothing again? This team just doesn’t get it.. Guess it’s another year of signing no good FAs, Burrow would be stupid not to pull an Eli

dude why would we spend 20 million next year on a RT when we have Bobby Hart!  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
It’s unfolding exactly as we anticipated
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Browns GM Berry see weaknesses and addressed them
What is Tobins big splash ......signing Vigil for a 4 year 56 million
Dollar deal .
Reply/Quote
another Brown's signing...this one is relatively insignificant

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 06:35 PM)pally Wrote: another Brown's signing...this one is relatively insignificant

It actually strengthens the Browns QB room overall 
I mean.I'd take Case over Findley any day 
If Burrow gets hurt this offense is on big trouble 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 06:55 PM)impactplaya Wrote: It actually strengthens the Browns QB room overall 
I mean.I'd take Case over Findley any day 
If Burrow gets hurt this offense is on big trouble 

I agree! Watched him on All or Nothing, and came away impressed with his veteran presence. He can help Mayfield.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 06:15 PM)J24 Wrote: Cleveland always go big in free agency.

Yep, and what has it gotten them, so far?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 06:35 PM)pally Wrote: another Brown's signing...this one is relatively insignificant

It might be more significant than one might think, it could be a sign that "all is not well in Browns land with Baker"..   LOL

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 09:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, and what has it gotten them, so far?

Out of 4th place in the division the last 2 years and probably in 2020, too.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
For what it's worth, the Browns dedicated a TON of 2020 cap space to Conklin (20 million).

But still. Come on. We could have afforded 14 million AAV.
Reply/Quote
I like Conklin but not at that contract. That's the kind of deal that can screw up contracts for years to come.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 09:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, and what has it gotten them, so far?

a better record than we had.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 12:32 AM)Benton Wrote: I like Conklin but not at that contract. That's the kind of deal that can screw up contracts for years to come.

Not really it’s only 3 years and they front loaded it so they’d have money to extend Myles and Baker when the time comes it was really smart. They’ll end up drafting another tackle too and be much improved with Chubb still and hooper will help Njoku or make him expendable either way this is bad for us. Plus Ravens got better today too.

Bengals know the Burrow signing alone will sell tickets so this is all whatever to them
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 09:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Out of 4th place in the division the last 2 years and probably in 2020, too.

(03-17-2020, 02:10 AM)RASCAL Wrote: a better record than we had.

Wonder if they had t-shirts made?

“3rd place Cleveland Browns!”

“Better record than the Bengals!”

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 02:10 AM)RASCAL Wrote: a better record than we had.

I've always hated how people would point to a team like the Redskins and then proceed to claim that FA is not a good tool to add quality players.  Then I can point to a team like the Packers last year and Niners to show you that if you add the right pieces, it can make a world of difference. If you want to know how abysmal the Bengals have been in FA, think about who their best FA acquisition is of all time......
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 06:33 PM)impactplaya Wrote: The Browns GM Berry see weaknesses and addressed them
What is Tobins big splash ......signing Vigil for a 4 year 56 million
Dollar deal .

Let’s flash back to last year when many on this board had the Browns going to the Super Bowl. Cleveland wins free agency every year but all that money spent doesn’t seem to make a difference in the regular season.
Reply/Quote