Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brown out for Sunday
(01-15-2016, 11:33 AM)GMDino Wrote: Steelers just tweeted AB will be out for the game in Denver.

Edit:
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Brown-ruled-out-for-Sundays-game/afce6d14-e9cb-427c-9c50-78435b0e76da

"unfortunate" Whatever
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 01:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Gerard Depardieu.

(01-15-2016, 01:27 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Chuck DeGaulle.

I had to laugh.
Reply/Quote
The Steelers are under a microscope. Words out. Good.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 01:03 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The Frenchman?

That French running back who was in protocol Saturday and back out of protocol to play.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 07:50 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: That French running back who was in protocol Saturday and back out of protocol to play.

Toussaint?

Just because someone gets a hard hit doesn't mean they enter the protocol, from my understanding. If there are no signs of a concussion at all, then there is no need.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 01:03 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The Frenchman?

Pepe Le Pew?

(01-15-2016, 10:33 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Toussaint? 

You mean this guy?  He looks a little old for football, but he did die recently so I guess it was him out there taking a beating.

[Image: MI0003553612.jpg?partner=allrovi.com]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 10:33 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Toussaint?

Just because someone gets a hard hit doesn't mean they enter the protocol, from my understanding. If there are no signs of a concussion at all, then there is no need.

Steelers announced to CBS he was In concussion protocol then they were shocked to see him run out there

As far as the concussion protocol I agree it's worthless. But it should apply equally to all teams not being able to pick and choose who follows through and who doesn't.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 02:39 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Steelers announced to CBS he was In concussion protocol then they were shocked to see him run out there  

As far as the concussion protocol I agree it's worthless.  But it should apply equally to all teams not being able to pick and choose who follows through and who doesn't.

Do you even know what the concussion protocol is?
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 05:26 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Do you even know what the concussion protocol is?

It a progressive plot.  Ninja

Honestly though would anyone be surprised that Nantz and Simms got information wrong during a game?
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 05:26 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Do you even know what the concussion protocol is?

I know it takes longer that a couple of minutes to sort it out and once you are examined and put in the protocol you are in it for longer than a play.

Unless you have a training staff who allows players to override and play. Which is fine as long as it's consistent across the board.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 12:50 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I know it takes longer that a couple of minutes to sort it out and once you are examined and put in the protocol you are in it for longer than a play.    

Unless you have a training staff who allows players to override and play.     Which is fine as long as it's consistent across the board.

So that's a "no."  I don't know the specifics about your example, but I've seen players show obvious signs of a concussion while watching from home who were allowed to play in the same game.  That includes Bengal players.  Criticizing the NFL for its lack of consistency is a valid complaint.  Calling the concussion protocol "worthless" is lazy and uninformed.  So I'll educate you . . .

[Image: return%20to%20play%20protocol%20graph3_edited-1.jpg]

The return to play protocol after a concussion was developed by neurologists who are experts in their field concerning concussions.  The consensus recommendations come from the 3rd International Conference On Concussion in Sports.  I'll give you the link even though I know you won't bother to read it, but maybe someone else might be interested or have kids involved in sports who might use the information.

http://bjsm.bmj.com/content/43/Suppl_1/i76.full.pdf
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 01:17 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So that's a "no."  I don't know the specifics about your example, but I've seen players show obvious signs of a concussion while watching from home who were allowed to play in the same game.  That includes Bengal players.  Criticizing the NFL for its lack of consistency is a valid complaint.  Calling the concussion protocol "worthless" is lazy and uninformed.  So I'll educate you . . .

[Image: return%20to%20play%20protocol%20graph3_edited-1.jpg]

The return to play protocol after a concussion was developed by neurologists who are experts in their field concerning concussions.  The consensus recommendations come from the 3rd International Conference On Concussion in Sports.  I'll give you the link even though I know you won't bother to read it, but maybe someone else might be interested or have kids involved in sports who might use the information.

http://bjsm.bmj.com/content/43/Suppl_1/i76.full.pdf

I just think the concussion protocol is there to protect the league and players association from future litigation. Has zero to do with protecting players.

The players should be able to decide whether they play or are out. If they want to be out they can claim concussion concerns after being examined by the blue hat. But the decision should be on the player himself with all the info from the independent docs.

I don't have a problem with the steelers skirting the protocol. I think it should not be able to hold a player out.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 03:57 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I just think the concussion protocol is there to protect the league and players association from future litigation.   Has zero to do with protecting players.    

The players should be able to decide whether they play or are out.   If they want to be out they can claim concussion concerns after being examined by the blue hat.    But the decision should be on the player himself with all the info from the independent docs.    

I don't have a problem with the steelers skirting the protocol.    I think it should not be able to hold a player out.

The return to play after a concussion protocol was developed by neurologists who are concussion experts independently of the NFL.  It is the same protocol which should be used to return a high school football player to the field.  Medically speaking, it is the standard of care.  It is only about protecting the patient and to suggest otherwise is absolutely, unequivocally, 100% false.

Some of the symptoms of a concussion include confusion, dizziness, slowed reaction time, etc. which can put the player at increased risk of further injury.  Confusion affects decision making.  So a concussed player shouldn't be the one deciding if they are out.  Symptoms of a concussion may not appear until later that week.  Plus you have to consider the likelihood of second concussion syndrome which is an area of controversy.

The NFL adopted the protocol and they have probably modified it for their own purposes.  After settling out of court for almost a billion dollars with the players regarding head injuries and considering the NFL's concussion track record I have no doubt they have adopted the policy to cover their ass and protect their revenue.  With that being said, your disinformation shouldn't be allowed to take root.
Reply/Quote