Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brown's Johnson got his trade
He is heading to the Texans for a 4th/potential 3rd pick in the 2020 draft

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 11:56 AM)pally Wrote: He is heading to the Texans for a 4th/potential 3rd pick in the 2020 draft

Good for him... He doesn't have to be around that dumb ass, redneck, frat boy of a QB in Cleveland anymore.

Outside of parts of last season, Duke Johnson didn't really get a shot to show what he can do in Cleveland. If everybody stays healthy, Houston is gonna have a really good offense this season.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 12:00 PM)jason Wrote: Good for him... He doesn't have to be around that dumb ass, redneck, frat boy of a QB in Cleveland anymore.

Outside of parts of last season, Duke Johnson didn't really get a shot to show what he can do in Cleveland. If everybody stays healthy, Houston is gonna have a really good offense this season.

I'd be careful expecting the world from the Texans offense.  I'm from Houston and purposely don't listen to the fanboy local sports radio, but the objective sports radio, and here are some things to consider.

#1 - WR Health
-Will Fuller has never played a full season and has matter of fact has played fewer and fewer games each year due to injury
-Keke Coutee lost the majority of the year to multiple injuries

OLine
-The Texans OLine is arguably worse than the Bengals with more unknowns

QB Health
-D. Watson - Due to the above Oline issues, the fact that he does not have a quick release and he holds on to the ball instead of getting rid of it, he had a ludicrous amount of sacks and played injured much of the year to the point where one game he couldn't fly to a game due to doctors orders.  He's going to get injured again.  He just gets hit too much.  And the coach does nothing to protect him or change the offense to protect him.

I give it a less than 5% chance that the three above stay healthy all year, let alone anyone else on the offense.  I'm not saying it's a 95% chance all three get injured, but that at least one of the three will and lose the majority of their season to injury.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 02:18 PM)Stewy Wrote: I'd be careful expecting the world from the Texans offense.  I'm from Houston and purposely don't listen to the fanboy local sports radio, but the objective sports radio, and here are some things to consider.

#1 - WR Health
-Will Fuller has never played a full season and has matter of fact has played fewer and fewer games each year due to injury

OLine

QB Health
-D. Watson - Due to the above Oline issues, the fact that he does not have a quick release and he holds on to the ball instead of getting rid of it, he had a ludicrous amount of sacks and played injured much of the year to the point where one game he couldn't fly to a game due to doctors orders.  He's going to get injured again.  He just gets hit too much.  And the coach does nothing to protect him or change the offense to protect him.

I give it a less than 5% chance that the three above stay healthy all year, let alone anyone else on the offense.  I'm not saying it's a 95% chance all three get injured, but that at least one of the three will and lose the majority of their season to injury.

I can see that... Will Fuller is kinda like their Tyler Eifert. I really wanted him the year he came out, but you're right, he's always injured... But damn if it doesn't seem like he scores a 70 yrd TD every game he plays.

Watson did get pummeled behind that line last year. I think it was Jaylon Smith that hit him in the ribs on the sideline that did the most damage though. It's hard to forget Geno upending him his rookie season too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Good Luck Duke!
When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 02:18 PM)Stewy Wrote: I'd be careful expecting the world from the Texans offense.  I'm from Houston and purposely don't listen to the fanboy local sports radio, but the objective sports radio, and here are some things to consider.

#1 - WR Health

OLine

QB Health

Johnson's fantasy value just went up, especially in PPR leagues.  He is not your "between the tackles" guy so much, but he is a really good receiving back, and quite nifty.  If he develops some chemistry with Watson, he could put up some respectable numbers.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 07:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Johnson's fantasy value just went up, especially in PPR leagues.  He is not your "between the tackles" guy so much, but he is a really good receiving back, and quite nifty.  If he develops some chemistry with Watson, he could put up some respectable numbers.  

I was thinking the same thing. I think Nick Chubb is gonna be a true workhorse now too. Kareem Hunt's return won't affect him much either. Chubb's a much better player.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 09:47 PM)jason Wrote: I was thinking the same thing.  I think Nick Chubb is gonna be a true workhorse now too. Kareem Hunt's return won't affect him much either. Chubb's a much better player.

That third round pick the Browns get will definitely help next year.
When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

#1 - WR Health

OLine

QB Health

One pre-season game in, Keke Coutee out with injury, starting slot receiver out, starting center out.
Reply/Quote