Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brown's QB situation
McCown has a probabe broken collerbone so he's done. Austin Davis came in last night while Manziel watched as the emergency QB. He was active last night only because the Browns didn't have enough healthy bodies to fill out the game day roster. Pettine refused to commit last night so its anybodies guess whether Johnny Football gets out of the dog house and into the Dawg Pound. We know how Manziel plays. Davis was 3rd string for a reason and not just because Manziel was a 1st round draft pick

We can't let this become a trap game with the Steelers coming to Paul Brown in a couple of weeks.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Actually.....I thought Davis played pretty well, with the exception of not getting out of bounds. Apparently, he broke several of Brett Favre's records at Southern Miss and moves well in the pocket. Manziel is terrible in the pocket, I guess we will see come Sunday.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 10:46 AM)pally Wrote: McCown has a probabe broken collerbone so he's done.  Austin Davis came in last night while Manziel watched as the emergency QB.  He was active last night only because the Browns didn't have enough healthy bodies to fill out the game day roster.   Pettine refused to commit last night so its anybodies guess whether Johnny Football gets out of the dog house and into the Dawg Pound.  We know how Manziel plays.  Davis was 3rd string for a reason and not just because Manziel was a 1st round draft pick

We can't let this become a trap game with the Steelers coming to Paul Brown in a couple of weeks.

My money is on Johnny Boozer getting the call the rest of the year as the Browns try to confirm he's not the guy and they'll spend another 1st round pick on a QB next year and the QB/Coach merry-go-round will continue in Cleveland. It's just all too predictable. Maybe they've changed up there and are interested in seeing if Davis is the guy, but I really don't expect that much common sense coming from there.

In any case though the Bengals need to be prepared for this game. Marv seems to overlook weak teams a few times a year.

Reply/Quote
Will Austin Davis be the next TJ Yates? Him starting scares me more then JF. At least we know how to beat Manziel... We know nothing about Davis, and we all know how this defense can sometimes lay turds against quarterbacks in this situation.
Reply/Quote
The few thoughts I've had about this:

1. I wonder if Pettine refused to name a starter because he doesn't have the power to name the starter. I think it's obvious he hates Manziel. I also think it's obvious management in Cleveland sticks it's nose into coaching business way too often.

2. I think I'd rather face Manziel. We know who he is and what he does. We have the tape on him. Game planning for Manziel is not an issue.

3. QBs that teams don't have tape on are always difficult. Ask the Pats. Davis would concern me because we have to play him cautiously. We can't exploit the weaknesses in his game until we see what they are.
Reply/Quote
1. Pettine is probly gone after this year. (especially if the team insist on johnny)

2. Browns are closing in on the #1 pick which will be a QB for the replacement from #1
Reply/Quote
Browns are right now signing Terelle Pryor.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 02:08 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: Browns are right now signing Terelle Pryor.

Lol the factory of sadness continues..
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 11:00 AM)BengalChris Wrote: My money is on Johnny Boozer getting the call the rest of the year as the Browns try to confirm he's not the guy and they'll spend another 1st round pick on a QB next year and the QB/Coach merry-go-round will continue in Cleveland. It's just all too predictable. Maybe they've changed up there and are interested in seeing if Davis is the guy, but I really don't expect that much common sense coming from there.

In any case though the Bengals need to be prepared for this game. Marv seems to overlook weak teams a few times a year.

If we were overlooking weak teams a few times a year, we would not be making the playoffs much overall... all NFL teams with a few exceptions like the Patriots lose to a weaker team in a season.. it is the nature of the sport especially playing at their house.  At most positions there is not that much difference between team to team plus injuries play such a major role in how strong your team is game to game... 

I did a small comparison of Pittsburgh, Baltimore (excluding this year) and Bengals on defeats of teams that had  weak  year.  I went back three years plus this year, though Baltimore is so bad, this year does not work for them.  As you can see Steelers have lost to more weak opponents and if you take Cleveland out of the mix, we have rarely lost to a weak opponent.  With that said Cleveland has split with us for the last three years.. we do need to finally sweep them.

PITTSBURGH: 
 2012  Oakland, Tenn, Cleveland
2013  Tenn, Oakland, Miami, Minnesota,  Chicago 
2014  Tampa Bay, Cleveland, Jets, Saints
2015  Baltimore 

BALTIMORE
2012  Eagles , Redskins
2013  Browns , Bears
2014   Houston, 

CINCINNATI
2012  Miami, Cleveland
2013   Chicago, Cleveland, Miami
2014  Cleveland
2015  None
Reply/Quote
Austin Davis was cut from St. Louis... if that says anything about his talent level.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 03:00 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: PITTSBURGH: 
 2012  Oakland, Tenn, Cleveland
2013  Tenn, Oakland, Miami, Minnesota,  Chicago 
2014  Tampa Bay, Cleveland, Jets, Saints
2015  Baltimore 

BALTIMORE
2012  Eagles , Redskins
2013  Browns , Bears
2014   Houston, 

CINCINNATI
2012  Miami, Cleveland
2013   Chicago, Cleveland, Miami
2014  Cleveland
2015  None

I'm not sure what you're claiming to be a "weak season", but the Skins were 10-6 and division winners in 2012. Also, the Bears were 8-8, but we lost to the 6-10 Bills that season, so I'd recommend swapping those two. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 05:37 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm not sure what you're claiming to be a "weak season", but the Skins were 10-6 and division winners in 2012. Also, the Bears were 8-8, but we lost to the 6-10 Bills that season, so I'd recommend swapping those two. 

I forgot the Skins had one brief good year.. 8-8  is right on the bubble i thought so put them in there.. this year you are so bad can;t really count any weak losses since Baltimore record 4-7 right now
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 08:21 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I forgot the Skins had one brief good year.. 8-8  is right on the bubble i thought so put them in there.. this year you are so bad can;t really count any weak losses since Baltimore record 4-7 right now

Just a bad team losing to other bad teams this year. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/02/johnny-manziel-still-in-doghouse-austin-davis-to-start/

Austin Davis will start for The Browns this Sunday against The Bengals
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote