Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browning holding the ball
(11-26-2023, 11:21 PM)jj22 Wrote: They were expecting him to lead us to the playoffs. You heard em last week. 

I wouldnt expect Zac to have said anything different.

Reply/Quote
He's a practice squad player. He's never supposed to ever start in an NFL game. I'm not sure what people expect.

The Bengals wanted to save some serious money at this position, so they did. With all the cap we have left, you'd think they'd spend a little bit to see that the season ticket holders and other fans got their money's worth. Something sure stinks and now everyone is pissed.

Got a problem with the coaching staff or players? There's one man that oversees everything. Some of us know him all too well.....
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 12:11 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: He's a practice squad player.  He's never supposed to ever start in an NFL game.  I'm not sure what people expect.

The Bengals wanted to save some serious money at this position, so they did.  With all the cap we have left, you'd think they'd spend a little bit to see that the season ticket holders and other fans got their money's worth.   Something sure stinks and now everyone is pissed.

Got a problem with the coaching staff or players?  There's one man that oversees everything.  Some of us know him all too well.....

When Burrow got hurt in camp, they should have added a Cam Newton or similar.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 12:12 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: When Burrow got hurt in camp, they should have added a Cam Newton or similar.

Yep, they had the money and totally screwed us.  Carson Wentz signed for $620,000.  We never even gave him a tryout. 
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 12:12 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: When Burrow got hurt in camp, they should have added a Cam Newton or similar.

I'd pass on Cam but your point is well taken.

Reply/Quote
Funny thing is, he isn't a world beater either, but if we still had Brandon Allen, I think we have a much better game at QB.

If Jake ran a bit today, then maybe he could've changed the dynamic, but as a pocket passer or someone who needs to win with their arm, he's not the guy at all.

That INT was one of the worst we've seen since the Andy days, made even worse because Boyd was WIDE open and potentially could've scored on that play.

Until then, he showed surprising moxie and got lucky. After that, he completely melted down.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 12:26 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Funny thing is, he isn't a world beater either, but if we still had Brandon Allen, I think we have a much better game at QB.

If Jake ran a bit today, then maybe he could've changed the dynamic, but as a pocket passer or someone who needs to win with their arm, he's not the guy at all.

That INT was one of the worst we've seen since the Andy days, made even worse because Boyd was WIDE open and potentially could've scored on that play.

Until then, he showed surprising moxie and got lucky. After that, he completely melted down.

Yep. Chase bailed him out twice, otherwise this one could have been even uglier.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 12:26 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Funny thing is, he isn't a world beater either, but if we still had Brandon Allen, I think we have a much better game at QB.

He knew the system and had some decent games.
Reply/Quote

Damn he had Yoshi for 6 on this play.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 01:21 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
Damn he had Yoshi for 6 on this play.

Beat me to it. I just saw this. Yeah not gonna knock him too hard for this and I expected stuff like this out of him. Probably why I thought we would've been more focused on running the ball. But definitely interesting to see as I thought watching the play that he had plenty of time and held the ball too long.
Reply/Quote
What about the interception?...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Browning is still learning. At least he kept us in the game most of it.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Browning had time there so I really don't blame the sack on the line. That said, Jonah was owned by Watt on that play.
Reply/Quote

Jake threw for 227 yards. The 25 yard pass to Irwin sure did look like Browning just threw it up and hoped for a miracle. Mixon had 2 catches and one of them turned out to be a great play. If you take away those two plays Browning is under 200 yards passing. So I agree, Browning didn't have a good game.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 02:03 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Browning is still learning. At least he kept us in the game most of it.

How did HE keep us in the game? He's been in our system for 2.5 years and the league for like 4. He's not still learning, he just sucks. Our defense kept Pitt off the score board and that's the only reason we were in the game. 

Our offense went Punt, Punt, Touchdown (short field after big run back by Williams), Punt, Punt, INT, Punt, Punt, garbage time FG. He really kept us in it. 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 10:19 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Jake threw for 227 yards. The 25 yard pass to Irwin sure did look like Browning just threw it up and hoped for a miracle. Mixon had 2 catches and one of them turned out to be a great play. If you take away those two plays Browning is under 200 yards passing. So I agree, Browning didn't have a good game.

Chase also got him another like 30-40 yards on the tips that could have easily been 2 more INT. 
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 09:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: I thought he had a good pocket that he failed to take advantage of. Was it the receivers not getting open that forced him to hold the ball too long at times, or is he slow to read defenses.

This is what I hate about the broadcast of NFL games these days. 

You can't see what the hell is going on down the field. It's only a zoom of the lines and the QB. When they throw, you don't even know who its actually going to. 

Broadcasts should really look at doing some alternate angles or a zoom out or something. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 10:06 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Lol, the guy is an undrafted practice squad player that saw his first game action last week, had 3 days of reps with the 1st team, and hasnt started a football game since January 1st, 2019.

I think he did pretty good considering the situation.  Not sure what everyone is expecting?

I wasn't expecting much from Browning, but I was expecting the staff to help this offense more than they did. 

They basically did nothing to make the game easier on Jake. No creative ways to get guys open, no screens, no easy throws to get playmakers the ball in space, nothing creative out of the backfield. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 10:06 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Lol, the guy is an undrafted practice squad player that saw his first game action last week, had 3 days of reps with the 1st team, and hasnt started a football game since January 1st, 2019.

I think he did pretty good considering the situation.  Not sure what everyone is expecting?

Right. He has some things to clean up for sure. He did hold the ball too long a few times, and made some bad reads and/or telegraphed some balls. If the defense could stop a nose bleed, and he didn't throw that bad pick in the RZ, we probably win.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 10:42 AM)TheFan Wrote: How did HE keep us in the game? He's been in our system for 2.5 years and the league for like 4. He's not still learning, he just sucks. Our defense kept Pitt off the score board and that's the only reason we were in the game. 

Our offense went Punt, Punt, Touchdown (short field after big run back by Williams), Punt, Punt, INT, Punt, Punt, garbage time FG. He really kept us in it. 

I agree mostly, but knowing the playbook, and having game experience at NFL speed are two different things.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote