Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Browning only has to be as good as Pickett
Pickett is no Mahomes. Bengals have a chance of beating Steelers with Browning, after a weeks practice with 1st string. Plus Browning saw plenty of action with Burrow out all preseason, but most of 1st string didn't play. Browning may look better with 1st string players such as Chase, Boyd, Mixon, after a week of practice. Don't judge any QB coming in cold and not warmed up as Browning had to do against Ravens Defense.

BEAT STEELERS

Pitt Sux

GO BENGALS

Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Steelers have the #15 rush offense and #7 scoring defense.
Bengals have the #30 rush offense and #21 scoring defense.

Browning has to be much better that Pickett if we are going to have a chnace.
Reply/Quote
He has to be better than Pickett we won't win any games if he throws for 100 yards like Pickett does. I kinda believe in Browning as long as Tee and Chase come out strong he can make the rest of the season at least watchable. In my opinion the front office should consider the rest of the season a tryout for Zac Taylor. If he can't make the offense go without Burrow it might be time to get rid of him. This is what happens when you insist on being the playcaller/headcoach if the offense stinks and you won't give up playcalling you gotta go. I like Zac as a head coach for the record but Joe and our players deserve a top tier playcaller.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 11:42 AM)Bing Ghuls Wrote: Steelers have the #15 rush offense and #7 scoring defense.

Zac Taylor's Rushing Offense Rank by Year:

2019: 19th
2020: 23rd
2021: 24th
2022: 28th
2023: 30th

Anyone see a trend here?  ZT has no interest in developing the run game.  We will need to rely on Browning's arm to win games for us, which he will not because he just does not have the talent.  If he did, he wouldn't have have signed for the "LEAGUE MINIMUM."  Yes, you read that correctly. 
Bengals management could not have paid him less.  It's just so irresponsible considering that they planned dropping Burrow back to pass as much as possible, the chances of a backup QB having to play increases dramatically.

The remaining 7 games are going to be very difficult to watch, so I hope everyone is ready.  Bengals FO has given up on this season.  Hopefully, the players haven't.  I'll watch the rest of the games, but why should I even care?
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Browning doesn't have the Pittsburgh defense behind him...

That said it's pretty amusing how bad Pickett is.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Unless browning can also be just as good as tj watt this post makes no sense.
Reply/Quote
Our defense and rushing attack are not nearly good enough for us to do that. This offense is built for the QB to drive and carry it.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Browning can be "only as good as Pickett" if they can rely on the run game and defense to keep the opposition from scoring.
Steelers, while not an elite running team, have 1100 rush yards across the same number of games the Bengals have just 800. Steelers averaging .4 YPC higher than Bengals.
Steelers also 7th in the league in Points Allowed. Compare that to 21st in the league for Bengals defense.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Agree with others that Browning has to be better than Pickett. Also agree that our running game and Defense have not
been as good as the stealers this season, but this also could be skewed in the way we run the ball the least amount on
Offense and who we have played and at what times during the season.

Always being in the Shotgun with Burrow hurt, playing the Browns with Nick Chubb and the Ravens with Lamar early in
the season and our Defense always being on the field has hurt big time.

If we have Browning play more under Center with an Offense more devoted to the run game our Offense could be much
better than the stealers. I really like Jaylen Warren, have since he was at Oklahoma State and he just ran all over the
Browns but I like our Offense as a whole much better than those bastids.

Lou needs to get this Defense back to it's old identity of being one of the best run stopping Defenses in the league.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 11:42 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: He has to be better than Pickett we won't win any games if he throws for 100 yards like Pickett does.  I kinda believe in Browning as long as Tee and Chase come out strong he can make the rest of the season at least watchable.  In my opinion the front office should consider the rest of the season a tryout for Zac Taylor.  If he can't make the offense go without Burrow it might be time to get rid of him.  This is what happens when you insist on being the playcaller/headcoach if the offense stinks and you won't give up playcalling you gotta go.  I like Zac as a head coach for the record but Joe and our players deserve a top tier playcaller.

So if Zac proves to be an inferior playcaller without Burrow at QB, you're suggestion is just to fire him? WTF? No option of letting him give up playcalling duties and focus on being the good HC he's already shown to be?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Give Browning some credit, being "as good as Pickett" is a pretty low bar to achieve.. Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 02:32 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So if Zac proves to be an inferior playcaller without Burrow at QB, you're suggestion is just to fire him? WTF? No option of letting him give up playcalling duties and focus on being the good HC he's already shown to be?

Add a good Offensive Coordinator in the Offseason would be my call if Zac is bad the rest of the season rather than just firing him.

Zac is a great communicator and does too many great things to just cut bait at this juncture. The players love him.

It would show great humility to add someone else if the play calling isn't up to par. It would just earn a lot of respect if Zac did this.

(11-20-2023, 02:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Give Browning some credit, being "as good as Pickett" is a pretty low bar to achieve..  Cool

True lol

I am actually surprised Pickett has been THIS bad in the NFL. I liked him as a Pitt Panther. Happy about it though ha ha
Reply/Quote
comon kevin you know better than this! you see how good the steelers defense is.
Reply/Quote
At least he didn't say we need more blocking..
Reply/Quote
Brian Callahan said Joe would be on sidelines on Sunday and wearing headphones so he can talk to the coaches as well as Jake

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 12:34 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Browning doesn't have the Pittsburgh defense behind him...

That said it's pretty amusing how bad Pickett is.

That Steelers-Browns game was hard to watch.  Two really good defenses against two bad offenses.  I'm pretty sure the Browns ran wide and lost yardage on three straight plays.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 11:58 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Zac Taylor's Rushing Offense Rank by Year:

2019: 19th
2020: 23rd
2021: 24th
2022: 28th
2023: 30th

Anyone see a trend here?  ZT has no interest in developing the run game.  We will need to rely on Browning's arm to win games for us, which he will not because he just does not have the talent.  If he did, he wouldn't have have signed for the "LEAGUE MINIMUM."  Yes, you read that correctly. 
Bengals management could not have paid him less.  It's just so irresponsible considering that they planned dropping Burrow back to pass as much as possible, the chances of a backup QB having to play increases dramatically.

The remaining 7 games are going to be very difficult to watch, so I hope everyone is ready.  Bengals FO has given up on this season.  Hopefully, the players haven't.  I'll watch the rest of the games, but why should I even care?
Zac has had little interest in developing the run game because the offense is designed according to Burrow’s preferences. This simply can’t be changed in one week. We might see more plays under center and more use of TE’s like the 49er’s game. Hopefully we get to see what we have in the young guys like Charlie Jones and Yoshi. Chase Brown has been designated for return and could be activated. 

While I don’t expect a win, also would not be surprised if we pull it out.

Win or lose, going forward play and develop the young guys for next year.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 11:42 AM)Bing Ghuls Wrote: Steelers have the #15 rush offense and #7 scoring defense.

Steelers are also giving up 379 to 386 for Bengals.. so we just have to finish drives more.. and not turn ball over which i was happy to see last week with Browning, so no it is not that big of a reach that we can;t compete this weekend at home with Steelers, especially if we get Hubbard and Tee back
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 08:29 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Steelers are also giving up 379 to 386 for Bengals.. so we just have to finish drives more.. and not turn ball over which i was happy to see last week with Browning, so no it is not that big of a reach that we can;t compete this weekend at home with Steelers, especially if we get Hubbard and Tee back

Browning: Ja'Marr, I'm gonna need your help this Sunday.

Chase: I'm always open!

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 08:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Browning: Ja'Marr, I'm gonna need your help this Sunday.

Chase: I'm always open!

Last 3 games, chase really just looked ok  in routes and separation, only  11 catches, we need 8 or more sunday
Reply/Quote