Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Browning only has to be as good as Pickett
I think they pull it out Sunday. I expect Browning to play well and the D to be pumped up. I actually think 5 of the last 7 are very winnable with JAX and KC being likely losses. I think this team will surprise people.
Reply/Quote
Mixon will be the difference-maker for this game, 100+ yards on the ground and we have a good chance of winning.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 01:38 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Mixon will be the difference-maker for this game, 100+ yards on the ground and we have a good chance of winning.

I agree, he’s been playing well all season. Should be getting ~20 touches a game.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 11:58 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Zac Taylor's Rushing Offense Rank by Year:

2019: 19th
2020: 23rd
2021: 24th
2022: 28th
2023: 30th

Anyone see a trend here?  ZT has no interest in developing the run game.  We will need to rely on Browning's arm to win games for us, which he will not because he just does not have the talent.  If he did, he wouldn't have have signed for the "LEAGUE MINIMUM."  Yes, you read that correctly. 
Bengals management could not have paid him less.  It's just so irresponsible considering that they planned dropping Burrow back to pass as much as possible, the chances of a backup QB having to play increases dramatically.

The remaining 7 games are going to be very difficult to watch, so I hope everyone is ready.  Bengals FO has given up on this season.  Hopefully, the players haven't.  I'll watch the rest of the games, but why should I even care?

Organizational negligence is what it’s called 
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 01:22 AM)WestieInDelhi Wrote: I think they pull it out Sunday. I expect Browning to play well and the D to be pumped up. I actually think 5 of the last 7 are very winnable with JAX and KC being likely losses. I think this team will surprise people.

If that’s the case that more than likely means a wildcard game at Baltimore or Kansas City in round one. 
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 01:54 AM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: If that’s the case that more than likely means a wildcard game at Baltimore or Kansas City in round one. 

Exactly. What’s the point? So us fans feel good about watching games on Sunday this year? At this point, in the current Bengals life cycle, it’s SB appearance and win or bust. Time to play the rookies. Let’s see if Charlie jones can take over for Boyd next year? Does Murphy have any moves to garner pressure? Can Battle and Turner hold it down? Let’s get these answers before the off-season hits, and reload in the draft.

If we go in to the off-season losing Higgins and Boyd, and we don’t know what we have in Jones and AI, the bengals are doing themselves a huge disservice. SB dreams are gone, or at least pushed off until 2024.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 02:32 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So if Zac proves to be an inferior playcaller without Burrow at QB, you're suggestion is just to fire him? WTF? No option of letting him give up playcalling duties and focus on being the good HC he's already shown to be?

I have seen 0 indication that ZT is willing to give up playcalling.  He thinks hes Sean McVey.  If he is willing to give it up id be happy to have him as HC. 

Cigar
Reply/Quote
Steelers just fired OC Matt Canada, so the Steelers Offense might actually get better - dammit.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38950625/steelers-fire-oc-matt-canada-offensive-struggles
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 11:30 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: I have seen 0 indication that ZT is willing to give up playcalling.  He thinks hes Sean McVey.  If he is willing to give it up id be happy to have him as HC. 

0 indication? Zac has already said it's basically a playcaller by committee approach as is. So, he's already not always making the play call. 

With that said, I'm pretty sure if you went up to him and said, "Hey, you need to give up playcalling or you're fired" he'd probably give up playcalling. Rolleyes
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 01:41 AM)WestieInDelhi Wrote: I agree, he’s been playing well all season. Should be getting ~20 touches a game.

He is 13th in rushing , edge of top 10 in Tds, actually in top 10 in carries also.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 09:37 AM)kevin Wrote: Pickett is no Mahomes.  Bengals have a chance of beating Steelers with Browning, after a weeks practice with 1st string. Plus Browning saw plenty of action with Burrow out all preseason, but most of 1st string didn't play.  Browning may look better with 1st string players such as Chase, Boyd, Mixon, after a week of practice.  Don't judge any QB coming in cold and not warmed up as Browning had to do against Ravens Defense.

BEAT STEELERS

Pitt Sux

GO BENGALS

Tiger

But do we want to win ?
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 12:09 PM)PhilHos Wrote: 0 indication? Zac has already said it's basically a playcaller by committee approach as is. So, he's already not always making the play call. 

With that said, I'm pretty sure if you went up to him and said, "Hey, you need to give up playcalling or you're fired" he'd probably give up playcalling. Rolleyes

convenient way to avoid taking responsibility
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 10:38 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: Exactly. What’s the point? So us fans feel good about watching games on Sunday this year? At this point, in the current Bengals life cycle, it’s SB appearance and win or bust. Time to play the rookies. Let’s see if Charlie jones can take over for Boyd next year? Does Murphy have any moves to garner pressure? Can Battle and Turner hold it down? Let’s get these answers before the off-season hits, and reload in the draft.

If we go in to the off-season losing Higgins and Boyd, and we don’t know what we have in Jones and AI, the bengals are doing themselves a huge disservice. SB dreams are gone, or at least pushed off until 2024.

I get the value of evaluation, but wouldn't that send a less than stellar message to veterans who may want to come here or stay here if we send their asses to the pine because Burrow is out?  Not to mention our inability to evaluate if Browning is actually a decent backup because he'll be throwing to a WR corps we didn't have Burrow throwing to.

Let's be honest, even if we get our rookies as much experience as possible, we're still 1 Burrow injury away from another meaningless year.  Then again, we are Bengals fans and we've seen a lot of years that we knew were meaningless after a few games, whether we still had our starting QB or not.  Hell, I remember going into 2019 with optimism because Jeff Driskel looked pretty good and ZT was an instant upgrade at HC and Dalton was coming back.  Damn, what a fool I was.

We can debate on how meaningful meaningless victories are for a franchise endlessly, I guess.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 12:34 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Browning doesn't have the Pittsburgh defense behind him...

That said it's pretty amusing how bad Pickett is.

The Pittsburgh defense is going to probably blitz Browning early and often. If he's checkdown Charlie, it will get ugly.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 01:54 AM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: If that’s the case that more than likely means a wildcard game at Baltimore or Kansas City in round one. 

And making the playoffs now is a bad thing?? Don't forget a depleted away ravens team was on the verge of beating the Bengals  last year before Hubbard TD, I don't expect the Bengals to make the playoffs but why we not see making the playoffs as a positive for us and the organization especially with now finishing season without Burrow. 
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 08:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I get the value of evaluation, but wouldn't that send a less than stellar message to veterans who may want to come here or stay here if we send their asses to the pine because Burrow is out?  Not to mention our inability to evaluate if Browning is actually a decent backup because he'll be throwing to a WR corps we didn't have Burrow throwing to.

Let's be honest, even if we get our rookies as much experience as possible, we're still 1 Burrow injury away from another meaningless year.  Then again, we are Bengals fans and we've seen a lot of years that we knew were meaningless after a few games, whether we still had our starting QB or not.  Hell, I remember going into 2019 with optimism because Jeff Driskel looked pretty good and ZT was an instant upgrade at HC and Dalton was coming back.  Damn, what a fool I was.

We can debate on how meaningful meaningless victories are for a franchise endlessly, I guess.

I dont see the benching of any vets out outside of Scott and Battle earned that.

I can see them being more cautious with players with injuries like Tee and and Hubbard and not rushing them back.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 10:06 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I dont see the benching of any vets out outside of Scott and Battle earned that.

I can see them being more cautious with players with injuries like Tee and and Hubbard and not rushing them back.

agree besides a few of those vets have incentive clauses, you want to start building a bad culture, start benching vets not for performance issues.. that won;t go over well.. as you stated be cautious with players for health reasons.
Reply/Quote
We don’t have Pittsburg defense
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 10:06 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I dont see the benching of any vets out outside of Scott and Battle earned that.

Agreed and if Chase tweaks his back or Trey, Reader, etc. have any sort of injury you let them heal up.
Reply/Quote
BEAT PITTSBURGH STEELERS

Back to back AFC Championship Games Bengals have beat Arizona, Seattle, LA Rams, 49ers, Bills and have a team to be Steelers. Even without Burrow, Browning only has to be as good as Pickett.

Now I'm not talking about the rest of the schedule as some of you are. I'm talking about this weeks game, The Steelers. Pickett is not one of the great QB's in NFL. Browning only has to be as good as a not very good Pickett to Beat Steelers.

As for rest of schedule, Bengals can still beat Steelers and Pickett twice and beat Browns without Chubb and Watson, and at least go 3-3 in the AFC North. Goes without saying that I am not thinking tanking for draft, I'm thinking laying some losses on Steelers and Browns, two division rivals without a great quarterback now also.

So Browning only has to be as good as a not that great Pickett. The Bengals Defense and Mixon and others have been a Super Bowl type team last few years, and even in this injury year have beat 49ers and Bills. OK, rookie of the year Stroud and MVP type QB Jackson were hard to defend, but Pickett will be easier to defend. Hendrickson and Company will keep Steelers from putting up points. A low scoring game with Browning being as good or better than a not that great Pickett and Bengals Beat Steelers. This could be a Field Goal and Punting game for both teams with almost no touchdowns by either team. 2 college level QB's trying to play in the NFL, and both will have a hard day, so GO BENGALS and Beat Steelers. Pickett and Browning is the opposite of a Mahomes and Allen shoot out.

Pitt Sux

Tiger Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote