Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns 4th pick for Dalton
Would the Browns trade their 4th pick in round 1 for a seasoned QB like Dalton? I would like to see the Bengals go in a new direction at QB. My first choice is to sign McCarron as our starter. I would have liked Brees, but that won't happen. Dalton may be worth it because it would give Cleveland a few years to develop a replacement. McCarron might actually get the Bengals to the playoffs just like the multitude of backups did this year.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I actually think they should include an additional first rounder. That's the only way to acquire such a great QB like Andy.
Reply/Quote
Not happening and this is nothing more than fantasizing about what you think ought to happen. At best it's rearranging the notes and letters of the Star Spangled Banner to the Srat Snapgled Banren.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Make all positions up for grabs and see what we really got. Get rid of complacency.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 03:39 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Would the Browns trade their 4th pick in round 1 for a seasoned QB like Dalton? 

Yes, the Browns would.
No, the Bengals wouldn't.

/thread
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 11:53 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Yes, the Browns would.

/thread

This

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
That would be a steal for the Browns.
If there would be trade for Dalton then your getting both 1 & 4 and a player or 2nd Rd picks.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Really wish the AJM for the Browns 2nd round pick would have gone down.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 02:16 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Really wish the AJM for the Browns 2nd round pick would have gone down.
I think it was for a second-rounder and third-rounder but I'm not sure that would have been fantastic.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 11:53 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Yes, the Browns would.

/thread

This again.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I would trade AD for the Browns 1st pick and draft Josh Allen.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
Trade Dalton for the 4th pick and Josh Gordon.

Sign Colin Kaepernick and retain AJ McCarron. See who sticks at QB. Or...

[Image: raw]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 08:46 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Trade Dalton for the 4th pick and Josh Gordon.

Sign Colin Kaepernick and retain AJ McCarron.  See who sticks at QB.  Or...

IMO trading Josh Gordon hurts more than trading another first rounder. Josh Gordon almost led all WRs in receiving yards and he only played five games.
I think a more fair (and realistic) trade would be #4 overall, Corey Coleman, and maybe a Day 2 pick.
Coleman hasn't been great for Cleveland but still showed off his deep threat potential. He could provide insurance in case John Ross doesn't actually come along. If John Ross does AND the Bengals had Coleman, they'd have two deep threats who can also generate YAC on short/intermediate routes.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 03:39 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Would the Browns trade their 4th pick in round 1 for a seasoned QB like Dalton? I would like to see the Bengals go in a new direction at QB. My first choice is to sign McCarron as our starter. I would have liked Brees, but that won't happen. Dalton may be worth it because it would give Cleveland a few years to develop a replacement. McCarron might actually get the Bengals to the playoffs just like the multitude of backups did this year.

Not a chance.. i just hope we get something for McCarron... and what got teams to the playoffs was more their line than their QB.... fix the line , and get a running game going and play action like Jacksonville and Philly will actually work with a better QB than either of them had playing in playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 01:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: IMO trading Josh Gordon hurts more than trading another first rounder. Josh Gordon almost led all WRs in receiving yards and he only played five games.
I think a more fair (and realistic) trade would be #4 overall, Corey Coleman, and maybe a Day 2 pick.
Coleman hasn't been great for Cleveland but still showed off his deep threat potential. He could provide insurance in case John Ross doesn't actually come along. If John Ross does AND the Bengals had Coleman, they'd have two deep threats who can also generate YAC on short/intermediate routes.
How is that more realistic. Cutler got two firsts, a borderline starting caliber QB, and a 3rd. That was 10 years ago as well. I think Andy would get at least that maybe even more.  
J24

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 02:38 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: How is that more realistic. Cutler got two firsts, a borderline starting caliber QB, and a 3rd. That was 10 years ago as well. I think Andy would get at least that maybe even more.  

Perhaps you're right and your scenario is realistic. Perhaps I should have said that if I'm the Browns, I'd be hurting myself giving up Josh Gordon because then it's Andy Dalton with mostly bad receiving weapons. And there aren't many great WR1 options in FA unless you believe Sammy Watkins can live up to that hype after being outproduced by Kupp, Woods, and TG3. Not to mention this isn't really a great WR draft.

I'd rather draft a QB at #1 or #4 overall that can throw to Josh Gordon than have Andy Dalton with no WRs outside of Coleman. And Gordon is better than Coleman.
Or trade my second (and third if necessary) for McCarron if it meant giving up Josh Gordon and #4 overall for Dalton.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 02:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Perhaps you're right and your scenario is realistic. Perhaps I should have said that if I'm the Browns, I'd be hurting myself giving up Josh Gordon because then it's Andy Dalton with mostly bad receiving weapons. And there aren't many great WR1 options in FA unless you believe Sammy Watkins can live up to that hype after being outproduced by Kupp, Woods, and TG3. Not to mention this isn't really a great WR draft.

I'd rather draft a QB at #1 or #4 overall that can throw to Josh Gordon than have Andy Dalton with no WRs outside of Coleman. And Gordon is better than Coleman.
Or trade my second (and third if necessary) for McCarron if it meant giving up Josh Gordon and #4 overall for Dalton.

1st.) Not sure Gordon would be a player the Bengals would want do to his addiction.
2.) If I am the Browns Dalton, Gordon, Duke Johnson, and that TE is a nice group. Also sign a Bell and Watkins that offensive line up with that line is killer( they have the money).
3.) Whatever QB is drafted is a 50/50 situation still. Dalton is a proven good player if you get that production from a draft pick you will be happy.
4.) I am think 1&4 plus 2 2nd picks for Dalton is fair compensation. Or 3 2nd Rd picks + player+ 4th overall. 
J24

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 03:39 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Would the Browns trade their 4th pick in round 1 for a seasoned QB like Dalton? I would like to see the Bengals go in a new direction at QB. My first choice is to sign McCarron as our starter. I would have liked Brees, but that won't happen. Dalton may be worth it because it would give Cleveland a few years to develop a replacement. McCarron might actually get the Bengals to the playoffs just like the multitude of backups did this year.

you don't hand a divisional opponent your QB ever.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 08:46 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Trade Dalton for the 4th pick and Josh Gordon.

Sign Colin Kaepernick and retain AJ McCarron.  See who sticks at QB.  Or...

That would end my Fandom of this franchise.  BARF
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 07:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: That would end my Fandom of this franchise.  BARF

Well it was supposed to be a joke.

I should've just went with the ninja instead of the "fail" GIF.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote