Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCarron 2nd Round Tender Mock
In my scenario I traded back with Arizona to 15 and acquired their 2nd round pick as part of the deal. Also in this scenario, McCarron was picked up by the Browns and we acquired their first second round pick (no. 33 overall). One need that I couldn't meet based on a BPA approach was at LB (Possibly swap out Carlson for a LBer, but I feel the need at K is huge for us)

Round 1 Pick 15 (ARI): Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame
Round 2 Pick 1 (CLE): Christian Kirk, WR, Texas AM
Round 2 Pick 14: Will Hernandez, OG, Texas-El Paso
Round 2 Pick 15 (ARI): Harrison Phillips, DT, Stanford
Round 3 Pick 13: Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State
Round 4 Pick 12: Darius Phillips, CB, Western Michigan
Round 5 Pick 14: Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn
Round 6 Pick 13: Akrum Wadley, RB, Iowa
Round 7 Pick 32: Will Richardson, OT, North Carolina State

C12Schleyer

[Image: 175fb1ebe161ecda7fb32824e3682755.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 03:13 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: In my scenario I traded back with Arizona to 15 and acquired their 2nd round pick as part of the deal.  Also in this scenario, McCarron was picked up by the Browns and we acquired their first second round pick (no. 33 overall).  One need that I couldn't meet based on a BPA approach was at LB (Possibly swap out Carlson for a LBer, but I feel the need at K is huge for us)

Round 1 Pick 15 (ARI): Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame
Round 2 Pick 1 (CLE): Christian Kirk, WR, Texas AM
Round 2 Pick 14: Will Hernandez, OG, Texas-El Paso
Round 2 Pick 15 (ARI): Harrison Phillips, DT, Stanford
Round 3 Pick 13: Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State
Round 4 Pick 12: Darius Phillips, CB, Western Michigan
Round 5 Pick 14: Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn
Round 6 Pick 13: Akrum Wadley, RB, Iowa
Round 7 Pick 32: Will Richardson, OT, North Carolina State

All this and no LBer and no center....u didnt take into consideration a 3rd comp for zeitler a 5th for whitworth and the 2 7th's we will get also....
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 04:16 PM)pulses Wrote: All this and no LBer and no center....u didnt take into consideration a 3rd comp for zeitler a 5th for whitworth and the 2 7th's we will get also....

I know we will likely get the comp picks you mentioned, but didn't want to assume them.  If I add in comp picks...

3rd- Will Clapp - C - LSU
5th- Micah Kiser - LB - VT

C12Schleyer

Reply/Quote
I can’t get behind another high draft pick at WR. Ross gets another shot, Boyd should improve and Malone has huge upside. That’s 3 prospectsto go with Green, LaFell and Erickson.

That second round pick should be going to LB, S or o-line.

Like the NcGlichey, Hernandez, Goedert and Carlson picks though.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 05:18 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I can’t get behind another high draft pick at WR. Ross gets another shot, Boyd should improve and Malone has huge upside. That’s 3 prospectsto go with Green, LaFell and Erickson.

That second round pick should be going to LB, S or o-line.

Like the NcGlichey, Hernandez, Goedert and Carlson picks though.

I didn't want to go WR early either, but with the BPA approach, LB or S wasn't available. Also, the other O-line spots were addressed with picks later.  I was hoping that Price would have been available with the 33rd overall pick, but he went at 31.

C12Schleyer

Reply/Quote