• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Dream Mock of the off season
1. Quentin Nelson- OG Notre Dame

2. James Daniels- C/OG Iowa

3. Martinas Rankin- OT Mississippi State

4. Josey Jewell- LB Iowa

5. Allen Lazard- WR Iowa State

6. Lowell Lotulelei- DT

We need a new batch of Offensive Linemen.  This draft helps with that.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Very Nice!
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
well done
Reply/Quote
Nelson won't be there when we draft. Even though quarterbacks will be flying off boards in Round One, as many as maybe 6. New O Line Coach wants people that play tough with an attitude. This would be BILLY PRICE, OHIO STATE, CENTER which we need but has ability to play GUARD. Looking for tough and mean and he fills the bill. That takes us to Round 2, and maybe LEFT TACKLE in McCGLINCHEY, NOTRE DAME or MILLER, UCLA. or GUARD and WYNN or HERNANDEZ stand out here.

If Bengals land Price in ONE and one of these in TWO, that would be a good start. We should have 2 picks in 3 with a late comp pick. Also a comp pick in 5 and 2 comp picks in 7. I see us with 8 picks after we grab two early O Linemen.

I'm also hoping Bengals bring in some of Detroit starters that are Free Agents on Defense. There is a Safety we could use and a Linebacker that have started for Austin now our Defensive Coordinator. Also a starting CB. Bringing in some of his starters on defense really sets up going O Line early in draft. Tavon Wilson could come in here knowing his system and pick up where Reggie Nelson left off.

Nelson will be off the boards when Bengals pick, but Price could be a Pro Bowl Center for us and start for Bengals 10 years or more, and that ain't bad. The run on quarterbacks in Round One many are predicting would let some top talent fall to us at pick 44 in Round 2, and if we get McGlinchey of Notre Dame here. If McClinchey gone maybe Brown falls to us. I think we can get a great blocker at pick 44 in 2 if this run on QB's happens.

So Round One Price, Round Two McClinchey, and I would be very happy adding those much needed blockers.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 03:36 AM)kevin Wrote: Nelson won't be there when we draft.  Even though quarterbacks will be flying off boards in Round One, as many as maybe 6.  New O Line Coach wants people that play tough with an attitude.  This would be BILLY PRICE, OHIO STATE, CENTER which we need but has ability to play GUARD.  Looking for tough and mean and he fills the bill.  That takes us to Round 2, and maybe LEFT TACKLE in McCGLINCHEY, NOTRE DAME or MILLER, UCLA. or  GUARD and WYNN or HERNANDEZ stand out here.  

If Bengals land Price in ONE and one of these in TWO,  that would be a good start.  We should have 2 picks in 3 with a late comp pick. Also a comp pick in 5 and 2 comp picks in 7.  I see us with 8 picks after we grab two early O Linemen.  

I'm also hoping Bengals bring in some of Detroit starters that are Free Agents on Defense.  There is a Safety we could use and a Linebacker that have started for Austin now our Defensive Coordinator.  Also a starting CB.  Bringing in some of his starters on defense really sets up going O Line early in draft. Tavon Wilson could come in here knowing his system and pick up where Reggie Nelson left off.

Nelson will be off the boards when Bengals pick, but Price could be a Pro Bowl Center for us and start for Bengals 10 years or more, and that ain't bad.  The run on quarterbacks in Round One many are predicting would let some top talent fall to us at pick 44 in Round 2, and if we get McGlinchey of Notre Dame here.  If McClinchey gone maybe Brown falls to us.  I think we can get a great blocker at pick 44 in 2 if this run on QB's happens.  

So Round One Price, Round Two McClinchey,  and I would be very happy adding those much needed blockers.

You don't think Price will be there in two?

I was watching Hernandez in the senior bowl today and got excited with his intensity and how he was just tossing dudes around.  

I originally wanted Derwin James because I think we need a playmaker on the back end of our defense, but we also need to solidify our line, and I'm liking Hernandez to do that.
Reply/Quote
Would be happy with this outcome

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
It’s called a “dream” mock for a reason
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 09:26 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You don't think Price will be there in two?

I was watching Hernandez in the senior bowl today and got excited with his intensity and how he was just tossing dudes around.  

I originally wanted Derwin James because I think we need a playmaker on the back end of our defense, but we also need to solidify our line, and I'm liking Hernandez to do that.
No, Price will not be there in 2.  Most, not all, but most Mocks have him gone in 1.  As for a play maker on back end of defense, Detroit has free agent starters we could bring over into Austins system. Tavon Wilson started for Austin at safety in Detroit and so bring him in here to help replace void we still have from Reggie Nelson gone. I'm all for adding Detroit starters under Austin CB-Nevin Lawson and OLB- Tahir Whitehead.  I'm for bringing in all 3 free agent starters because they started for Austin, know his defense and 3 starters that know his defense would be huge.  Adding Austin starters in 2017 from Detroit would really let us go O Line early in Draft. 

Sure, Quentin Nelson would be great if he is there at 12.  There are others.  We need a left tackle and Mike McClinchey, Orlando Brown, Kolton Miller, Connor Williams are some that are high on lists.  Scouts are raving about Billy Price as either staying at center or moving to guard, depending what an NFL team needs. We kind of need both.  THE GOOD NEWS is if we go O Line in 1 and 2, we should land 2 good blockers with the talent on the board early.  Now if we try to go 1 and 3 or 2 and 3, we lose out. This is why I want some Detroit Free Agent D Starters added giving Austin some players he knows already ...The San Diego State RB was great all week at Senior Bowl and would be a steal in Round 3, especially if we have a comp pick in 3 for 2 positions. He is an amazing kick returner also, Special Teams. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
U are dreaming about Rankin in the third imo.
Reply/Quote
Guess I needed to bold the word DREAM in the title.  Its not whats going to happen, but in my DREAMS, I wish this would happen. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 10:47 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Guess I needed to bold the word DREAM in the title.  Its not whats going to happen, but in my DREAMS, I wish this would happen. 

Some can read.... LOL

It's a very good dream.......like, good, clean trip kinda dream.  The kind that makes you quit all that stuff good..... LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2018, 01:58 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: 1. Quentin Nelson- OG Notre Dame

4. Josey Jewell- LB Iowa

6. Lowell Lotulelei- DT

If by some chance this happened, I would need clean speedos...
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2018, 01:58 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: 1. Quentin Nelson- OG Notre Dame

4. Josey Jewell- LB Iowa

6. Lowell Lotulelei- DT

Add in a safety or tight end at the 3rd round comp spot and possibly Daniel Carlson in the seventh and I would be quite happy with this draft.  
Reply/Quote