Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns @ Bengals Predictions
(11-20-2018, 07:46 AM)kevin Wrote: Losing to get high draft picks never works.  It sure never worked in Bungles 1990's.

Correct. The only time to tank is when there's a QB like Andrew Luck that you have very high confidence in being a franchise QB. It all starts with the franchise QB.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 03:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I can't tell you how many people I went to school with who were Browns fans despite living close to Cincinnati because their fathers and grandfathers were Browns fans before the Bengals existed. So there are plenty of Browns fans around the Cincinnati area.

To OP though, my prediction...
Bengals - 21
Browns - 17

I have always lived in Eastgate.

It used to be that on those old TV sets (that you had to adjust the Antenna on the TV) we would watch the Bengals game on one Channel (which usually came in clearer) & then we could watch the Browns on another channel (which tended to be a fuzzier picture possibly from Dayton).

I remember this from the 1970's.

I was a Bengal fan that also rooted for the other Ohio team (Browns) but not over the Bengals.

Sort of a 1A (Bengals) & 1B (Browns) type of thing.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 03:16 PM)depthchart Wrote: I have always lived in Eastgate.

It used to be that on those old TV sets (that you had to adjust the Antenna on the TV) we would watch the Bengals game on one Channel (which usually came in clearer) & then we could watch the Browns on another channel (which tended to be a fuzzier picture possibly from Dayton).

I remember this from the 1970's.

I was a Bengal fan that also rooted for the other Ohio team (Browns) but not over the Bengals.

Sort of a 1A (Bengals) & 1B (Browns) type of thing.

I would have at least somewhat rooted for the Browns if they were in the NFC. Ohio is the only state where there multiple teams in the state and all are in the same conference. 
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 03:52 AM)kevin Wrote: Bengals will beat Browns, Broncos and Raiders in THE JUNGLE.  That will give them 8 wins.  They will finish no worse than 8-8.   That leaves tough road games at LA Chargers, Cleveland, Pittsburg.  I don't know if they can get a 9th or 10th win or not.  Maybe with AJ Green back, who knows.

Dallas owner was jumping around happy today on TV. You know what their record is.  5-5, just like Bengals.   I thought Bengals played better at Baltimore, which is always a hard game for any team, at Baltimore.  We make the field goal, it goes into overtime.  It was a close hard fought game.  The Bengals can win their 3 remaining Home Games in THE JUNGLE.  The road games are a different story.

My favorite part of Thanksgiving Weekend will be Michigan at Ohio State and Buckeyes playing in Columbus helps. They would get clocked in Ann Arbor this year.  The next day is Cleveland Browns at Cincinnati Bengals.   2 days where my day revolves around early morning pregame and noon time kick offs.  I'll be a morning and early afternoon person, with Thanksgiving pies and such.  My Thanksgiving Football is Saturday and Sunday.  Go Buckeyes, Go Bengals this Thanksgiving.

Kevin,I hope for your sanity they do win out at home,but that's asking a ton with this HC and staff,Marvin is the worse coach in bengals history and I so wish they would play the backup qb as he is the real deal,not to mention he is 4 inches taller than Dalton and throws a better catchable ball and knows how to spread it around.This O-line is awlful,they got manhandled at the ravens and the running game is no where.I think Joe got like 28 yards on 17 carries.And they will not be able to stop the run.The brownies could easily win this.Baker Mayfield is a real qb.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 03:45 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Kevin,I hope for your sanity they do win out at home,but that's asking a ton with this HC and staff,Marvin is the worse coach in bengals history and I so wish they would play the backup qb as he is the real deal,not to mention he is 4 inches taller than Dalton and throws a better catchable ball and knows how to spread it around.This O-line is awlful,they got manhandled at the ravens and the running game is no where.I think Joe got like 28 yards on 17 carries.And they will not be able to stop the run.The brownies could easily win this.Baker Mayfield is a real qb.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 11:29 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm holding out for higher draft picks hoping against all hope that they'll actually pick really good college players who will take 4 years to develop into semi average NFL players because you KNOW they ain't gonna select ANYONE day one ready for the NFL.. 
Let's see ... Which draft eligible college players are already injured sufficiently enough to not be able to start game one of the 2019 season ?

Pessimistic? Not I! 

I am now on the trade all first round picks for two second rounders bus.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I think we lose ,because our coaches suck. And the browns will want to smear hue jackson. Baker will plant a flag in the tiger head. Marvin will say thats journal jargon and we got to work harder. And core tried his best itll take time.
Reply/Quote
Some of you guys really think the Bengals win Sunday? I don't see it. They are in another free fall downward like so many other years past. Bengals are spinning out of control and the Brown are playing much better football and I think they would like nothing better than to come in here and beat their old head coach. Funny, the Browns make a HC change and they respond immediately with better play. Why don't the Bengals... ahh, never mind   Hilarious

Lets see, we can't run block, having trouble pass blocking, defense can't stop the run game, having trouble stopping or slowing the pass game, certain defensive players constantly get juvenile penalties giving up 15 yards a crack, bad clock management, 1/4 of the starters on IR, linebackers can't cover well, little to no pressure on opposing QB, I miss anything?

I don't think it makes one bit of difference Hue is here now and was familiar with the Browns playbook. Browns are on the way up, Bengals are on the way down. And, if AJ plays doubt he is 100% and may just re injure the foot again.

Browns 24-17
Reply/Quote
OK, I get it. There are a lot of Browns Trolls on here. You have been on here before the season started talking up your Browns. The Bengals have lost 4 of the last 5 games. Steelers, Chiefs, Saints are all Super Bowl type teams this year. At Baltimore is always a tough defensive game. Bengals came close to beating Steelers and Ravens, those were 2 hard fought games into last seconds. Now lets look at your Trolls Browns. They are not as good as the 4 teams I mentioned. FOR YOUR SANITY, the Browns are in no way even close to Steelers, Chiefs, Saints. Their losses show they are not as tough at home as Baltimore. Bengals will indeed beat Browns, Broncos and Raiders in THE JUNGLE. That gives them 8 wins. The problem is road games at very good play-off teams Chargers and Steelers. There is also at Cleveland, the best chance for a Bengals win of the 3 remaining road games. Your Browns may be the reason Bengals finish with 9 wins.

So to all you Browns Trolls on here, your Browns are still not very good. I hear a lot of talk, but I don't see the wins to back it up. Bengals beat you in Cincy and maybe sweep you in Cleveland. Your Browns are still the easiest games on Bengals schedule, as always. Very possible 5-5 Bengals finish 9-7, due in large part to 2 wins over the Clowns coming up. No, the Bengals weren't a match for Super Bowl type Chiefs and Saints, but they played Steelers and Ravens close and are more than good enough to beat the Clowns.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Bengals win 12-10 and Husky Randy wins game ball with 4 FG's.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 01:04 AM)kevin Wrote: OK, I get it.  There are a lot of Browns Trolls on here.  You have been on here before the season started talking up your Browns.  The Bengals have lost 4 of the last 5 games.  Steelers, Chiefs, Saints are all Super Bowl type teams this year.  At Baltimore is always a tough defensive game.  Bengals came close to beating Steelers and Ravens, those were 2 hard fought games into last seconds.  Now lets look at your Trolls Browns. They are not as good as the 4 teams I mentioned.  FOR YOUR SANITY, the Browns are in no way even close to Steelers, Chiefs, Saints.  Their losses show they are not as tough at home as Baltimore.  Bengals will indeed beat Browns, Broncos and Raiders in THE JUNGLE.   That gives them 8 wins.  The problem is road games at very good play-off teams Chargers and Steelers.  There is also at Cleveland, the best chance for a Bengals win of the 3 remaining road games.  Your Browns may be the reason Bengals finish with 9 wins.

So to all you Browns Trolls on here, your Browns are still not very good.  I hear a lot of talk, but I don't see the wins to back it up.  Bengals beat you in Cincy and maybe sweep you in Cleveland.  Your Browns are still the easiest games on Bengals schedule, as always. Very possible 5-5 Bengals finish 9-7, due in large part to 2 wins over the Clowns coming up.  No, the Bengals weren't a match for Super Bowl type Chiefs and Saints, but they played Steelers and Ravens close and are more than good enough to beat the Clowns.

To be fair, they played both those teams (Saints, Chiefs) and lost by a combined 19 points. We lost by a combined 72 points. Cleveland is tougher than you think they are, and I have been trying to tell people that they're no pushover this year. Clearly not a "good" team yet, but neither are we. 

We still win this game tho 21-17.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Browns: 31
Bengals: 10

Nick Chubb rushes for 300 yards as Lewis can’t figure out how to work the headset again
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 03:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I would have at least somewhat rooted for the Browns if they were in the NFC. Ohio is the only state where there multiple teams in the state and all are in the same conference. 

You may or may not know this, but the current arrangement of Cleveland, Cincinnati and Pittsburgh being in same division was part of the AFL/NFL merger deal. Cleveland and Pittsburgh had to move from the NFL (NFC) to the AFC and it pitted both Paul Brown teams against each other.

When the old Browns became the Ravens, they stayed in the same division and the new Browns were added later.

The Houston Oilers were also part of the original deal, but were moved to the south to allow for the new Browns to be in the same division as Cincinnati and the old Browns (Ravens). Pittsburgh stayed, of course.

Reply/Quote
If Green is back, I say we squeak by.

If he's still out, Mayfield eats this shit defense alive.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 07:08 PM)Big Boss Wrote: If Green is back, I say we squeak by.

If he's still out, Mayfield eats this shit defense alive.

Reports are Green plays.

This thing the Browns are better.  They won 1 game in 2016 and didn't win a game last year.  So they've won a couple games this year so that is better than none, but that don't make them all that.

AJ Green plays.  Bengals win this one.  Go to 6-5.   Next week they beats Broncos, go to 7-5 on season. Suddenly a few fans start talking about team improvements and back in play-off hunt.  A lot of football left to play, this ain't high school or college. 

Bengals 31
Browns 20
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
If we have A.J,and he’s 100%,27-24,Bengals.No A.J.NO WIN.And Bengals will be 5-6 and virtually out of contention.
Reply/Quote
If AJ Green plays, 31-24 Bengals.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2018, 07:07 AM)kevin Wrote: Reports are Green plays.

This thing the Browns are better.  They won 1 game in 2016 and didn't win a game last year.  So they've won a couple games this year so that is better than none, but that don't make them all that.

AJ Green plays.  Bengals win this one.  Go to 6-5.   Next week they beats Broncos, go to 7-5 on season. Suddenly a few fans start talking about team improvements and back in play-off hunt.  A lot of football left to play, this ain't high school or college. 

Bengals 31
Browns 20

The Browns have had 4 games go to overtime this year . If they would have had a good kicker they would probably have won three of those games because their Field goal kicker was terrible and they have since gotten rid of him.And yes, they should have won that game against the Steelers which ended up in a tie but they Blew it.They could easily be 7-3.
Reply/Quote
31 - 17 Browns.
Reply/Quote
Bengals win.
28 to 17
Andy Dalton historically has played well vs the Browns. the Browns have lost 24 straight on the road. the Bengals know whats at stake.
Reply/Quote