Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns Cut Jamie Collins
Saves them $8 million

He could be a target for us.

What do you all think? I remember alot of us were big on him coming out of Missouri. Things didn't work out for him in New England.

Browns must be trying to cut folks to load up for free agency. We should follow suit.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Browns fans say he takes off a lot of plays. If that's the case then it is a big no for me.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 06:20 PM)MentalRage Wrote: Browns fans say he takes off a lot of plays. If that's the case then it is a big no for me.

I’m from New England his knock here was taking plays off and free lancing and just doing his own thing on defense.
Reply/Quote
Overrated.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 06:31 PM)lone bengal Wrote: I’m from New England his knock here was taking plays off and free lancing and just doing his own thing on defense.

Thanks for the info.  In today's NFL, there is no room for "Rogue" LBs, as we have found out with Vontaze Burfict.  In my mind, if you've burned your bridges with the Patriots and Browns, in consecutive seasons?  You might be next on the Vet. minimum list..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Should the Bengals pursue the former Browns linebacker? He should be alot cheaper than Burfict and he played all 16 games last year. He would also bring knowledge of the Browns offense. Rookie LB and a mix of veterans would help to fix a major liability.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 08:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Thanks for the info.  In today's NFL, there is no room for "Rogue" LBs, as we have found out with Vontaze Burfict.  In my mind, if you've burned your bridges with the Patriots and Browns, in consecutive seasons?  You might be next on the Vet. minimum list..

Yeah I remember when the Patriots traded him...there were reasons.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 06:09 PM)Shady Wrote: Saves them $8 million

He could be a target for us.

What do you all think?  I remember alot of us were big on him coming out of Missouri. Things didn't work out for him in New England.

Browns must be trying to cut folks to load up for free agency. We should follow suit.

its weird cause the browns have a ton of cap....  So not sure why that are making cap space or for whom

Depends on his pay demands but he could fit into what our new DC wants to do.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 10:49 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Should the Bengals pursue the former Browns linebacker? He should be alot cheaper than Burfict and he played all 16 games last year. He would also bring knowledge of the Browns offense. Rookie LB and a mix of veterans would help to fix a major liability.

The same way Hue Jackson brought knowledge of the Browns offense?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 10:49 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Should the Bengals pursue the former Browns linebacker?  He should be alot cheaper than Burfict and he played all 16 games last year. He would also bring knowledge of the Browns offense. Rookie LB and a mix of veterans would help to fix a major liability.

Since the Browns have new coaches this year, I doubt he knows squat about what they will run this year....
Reply/Quote