Other
4.17%
4 4.17%
Total 96 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns Game Ball
(11-06-2015, 01:37 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Marvin Lewis, first coach in the AFC North to ever get to 8-0

That's VERY interesting. Not even Chuck Noll. Wow.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Man....Andy was outstanding, and Tyler was superb....but I'm gonna give a shout to Big Los. They came out in the second half and maintained their lanes and contain up front. That was the difference. Johnny cannot play from the pocket. They played undisciplined football in the first half and he burned them. Los pursued inside and took himself out of several plays....MJ too. In the second half, they stuck to contain and the coverage allowed them to collapse the pocket and snuff the runt out. It was a thing of beauty. Also, nice bounce back game for the o line. Well done.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 01:35 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Dalton

Never would have guessed that you'd pick him...

I do as well.  Phenomenal game by Dalton.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 01:37 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Marvin Lewis, first coach in the AFC North to ever get to 8-0

I was tempted to list Marvin; however, I don't list coaches or teams (O, D, ST).

WTS, Marvin is the reason it was 14-3 early instead of 6-6 or 10. Going for it on 4th down in both TD drives and throwing the flag to stop a Cleveland scoring drive when they were picking up steam.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 02:15 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I was tempted to list Marvin; however, I don't list coaches or teams (O, D, ST).

WTS, Marvin is the reason it was 14-3 early instead of 6-6 or 10. Going for it on 4th down in both TD drives and throwing the flag to stop a Cleveland scoring drive when they were picking up steam.

That and also keeping Manziel in the pocket and changing the defensive gameplan in the 2nd half.

We usually complain about his second half adjustments, but this one was one of his best.
Reply/Quote
Plenty of guys played well but I give my vote to Andy because he didn't bury the demons tonight, he annihilated them.

He didn't just play well, he played brilliantly. And i think we've seen the last of end zone int's too. btw.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
eifert is the man, dalton doing great too but, eifert is going to show why he's MVP later in the season.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 02:15 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I was tempted to list Marvin; however, I don't list coaches or teams (O, D, ST).

(11-06-2015, 02:16 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: That and also keeping Manziel in the pocket and changing the defensive gameplan in the 2nd half.

We usually complain about his second half adjustments, but this one was one of his best.

Totally agree.  The adjustment at the half was just what I was clamoring for. I told my father in law....they gotta keep him in the pocket.  He can't play from the pocket. Lo and behold......

Loved the aggression , and the challenge was definitely a great call.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 08:59 AM)Wyche Wrote:  Loved the aggression , and the challenge was definitely a great call.

The ruling on the field was that the quarterback is a midget.  Marvin challenged the call and got it overturned.

I could be wrong about that.
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
Reply/Quote
going to give Andy the nod because hes the one that gets the blame when they (or he) stinks on primetime.  He deserves some of the praise for the first primetime game of the season.
Reply/Quote
I went Dalton despite the play calling never really allowing him to get in to much of a rhythm during the evening. He really started to put it together in the second half, but most importantly, he played mistake-free.

As tough as the defense played in the second half, it would have been easy to go with Geno, Carlos, Burfict, or Adam Jones as well.
Reply/Quote
Other......Coaches for their second half adjustments.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 01:32 AM)bfine32 Wrote: 8-0 and time to issue out the Stains game ball:

ANDY DALTON- 234 yards, 3 TDs, 139.8 passer rating

GIO BERNARD- 86 total yards, 5.5 yards per carry

MO SANU- 3 catches 25 yards, 1 rush 25 yards, 1 TD

TYLER EIFERT- 5 catches, 53 yards, 3 TDs

MARVIN JONES- 5 catches, 78 yards

CARLOS DUNLAP- 4 tackles, 2 sacks (guess he’s really not hurt)

GENO ATKINS- 4 tackles, 1 sack, (force in the middle)

To me a toss up between the guy who threw 3 TD.s and ran the ball effectively versus the guy who caught 3 TD's and still has major blocking deficiencies.

I went with Dalton as he did it under the lights as well which obviously more pressure. His throws were on target last night again and his numbers were extremely efficient for only 26 throws and only 6 incomplete. He threw away 3 passes which were also smart decisions.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Tyler Eifert "where have you been our whole life" gets mine.

Although it is tough to overlook Dalton with his QB rating and 3rd down conversion percentage.

Pauly G having Defense play containment on Johnny in lieu of letting him scramble around deserves credit along with Geno and Carlos' play too.

And MJ's hit on the Heisman Trophy winner was the play of the game for me.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 02:01 AM)bonesaw Wrote: Eifert or The Red Ripper take your pick... I voted Eifert just because The Red Ripper has gotten a few already

Geno and Los were monsters today

Oh man, did you see Geno engulf Johnny Whiffleball?!?! I LOVED it!!
[Image: n881eg.png]
Reply/Quote
Eifert - Made all the difference in the red zone. A TE catches all the passing TDs is amazing.

Reply/Quote
Can I give the game ball to the entire team? Clutch catches from EVERYONE. Great running by both backs. Defens stuffs them up.

Bengals are the best "Team" in the NFL hands down.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote