Geno Atkins
0%
0 0%
Total 50 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns Game Game Ball
After sitting on the shelf for a couple weeks. It’s time to dust off the game ball and award it. Some deserving choices this week:

ANDY DALTON: 308 yards, 2 TDS, 128.3 QB rating

AJ GREEN: 8 catches 169 yards, 1 TD

JEREMY HILL: 168 rushing yards (24 receiving) 1 TD

TYLER EIFERT: Didn’t get hurt

SHAWN WILLIAMS: 4 tackles, 1 sack, 1 INT

CARLOS DUNLAP: 1 sack, deflected pass sealed the game

GENO ATKINS: No stats but folks get mad if I don’t list him

MIKE NUGENT: 4 for 4 on XPs (OK, I’m playin’)
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Andy / Hill
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Hill

Reply/Quote
Hill for sure
Reply/Quote
I went with Hill, but I honestly think it should have be split between he and AJ. They really opened things up for each other.
Reply/Quote
I'd vote for the fans at the stadium. Why? If they wouldnt have started booing at the end of the first half, forcing marvin into actually trying to score points, we may have not won this game.

The whole tide turned after that TD. Actually, i thought the mentality changed just before that by pulling up our britches and trying.
This team has good players. Its the coach that has to go.

I think AJ caught that pass just to spite ML and show him what having balls is all about.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Toss up between Hill and AJ, but i vote Hill because AJ is nominated almost every week.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 05:58 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote:   If they wouldnt have started booing at the end of the first half, forcing marvin into actually trying to score points,  we may have not won this game.  

Fans had zero to do with that call.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 06:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Fans had zero to do with that call.

Thank you. They called timeouts after both runs, that tells me they want to try to get some points. After the sack they threw the ball. If they weren't trying to score they would have just run out the clock, they didn't. They used T.Os and got some llittle chunk plays to have the opportunity to score. People might not like the plays that were called to get the points but I don't doubt for a second that their mentality was to score. Especially after calling a time out after the first run.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 06:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Fans had zero to do with that call.
If you think that the stadium booing after Marvin called 2 straight runs at the end of the half trying to run out the clock, had nothing to do with the Bengals driving down the field and throwing up a hail mary for the TD, you're delusional.

He is constantly doing this.  Rarely takes chances, especially at the end of the first half.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 06:14 PM)Camdaddy08 Wrote: Thank you. They called timeouts after both runs, that tells me they want to try to get some points. After the sack they threw the ball. If they weren't trying to score they would have just run out the clock, they didn't. They used T.Os and got some llittle chunk plays to have the opportunity to score. People might not like the plays that were called to get the points but I don't doubt for a second that their mentality was to score. Especially after calling a time out after the first run.

Sorry buddy. Cleveland called the first T.O. And what sack? That didn't come until after the 2 straight runs to start the drive. The boos were obvious. Then all the sudden they called a timeout. What game were you watching?
Reply/Quote
AJ/Hill

Don't see how you could prefer one to the other today, pretty much the same stat line.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 06:14 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: If you think that the stadium booing after Marvin called 2 straight runs at the end of the half trying to run out the clock, had nothing to do with the Bengals driving down the field and throwing up a hail mary for the TD, you're delusional.

He is constantly doing this.  Rarely takes chances, especially at the end of the first half.

Marvin can be such a wuss at the end of the first half.  I truly believe that he had every intention of running out the clock there.  Had the browns not called a TO, I think he wouldve.  I think it sickened him to actually have to try and score before the half once it became obvious that they were close enough to try
Reply/Quote
As for game my game ball, I am going with Hill. I don't think this was his best game ever but I am hoping it really catapults this teams running game and a bit of that intensity from his rookie season.
Reply/Quote
Take the hate elsewhere. This is the gameball thread and only players are eligible.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 06:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Take the hate elsewhere. This is the gameball thread and only players are eligible.

Too bad.

The fans were clearly the MVPs.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 05:58 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: I'd  vote for the fans at the stadium.  Why?  If they wouldnt have started booing at the end of the first half, forcing marvin into actually trying to score points,  we may have not won this game.  

The whole tide turned  after that TD.  Actually,  i thought the mentality changed just before that by pulling up our britches and trying.
This team has good players.  Its the coach that has to go.

I think AJ caught that pass just to spite ML and show him what having balls is all about.

I voted for AJ cause of those 2 great catches and the one right at halftime was just fantastic.

Dude is seriously making a run for the greatest Receiver in the NFL.

But i agree, thank God for our good players cause with lesser ones we would not win a game with the coaching from Marv.

Talk about gutless, we could of had the ball a full 30 seconds earlier and we try to run the ball with a minute left...

We need a new coach with these players and we can win the whole thing.
Reply/Quote
I voted for Hill, though he could have split that with AJ or Andy. But, as a tiebreaker I'll go with the guy who's gone the longest without a game ball, and that's certainly Hill.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Voted for Hill. He's pretty good when he has holes to run through.

Andy and AJ were great too. Solid day for Gio is worthy of an honorable mention.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 06:15 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Sorry buddy. Cleveland called the first T.O.  And what sack?  That didn't come until after the 2 straight runs to start the drive.  The boos were obvious.  Then all the sudden they called a timeout.  What game were you watching?
Sorry I got the first t.o. confused. I stand corrected. They still called the t.o. after the 2nd run and went with a couple pass plays after. I realize when the sack happened. If they didn't want to try and score after the sack they would have just let the time expire.i have seen them do it. That is not what they did. They called the time out and threw it again to try and pick up some chunk yards. 

Starting at the 15 with one minute left on the clock is a hard dive to deal with. If they throw 3 incompletions that gives the Browns about 40 seconds to score with more than likely good field position to score. Now imagine that scenario and the fans reaction had that happened. There is a reason why most of us are not coaches and just fans. We all want to push the ball and be aggressive but that can also come at a price.
Reply/Quote