Geno Atkins
0%
0 0%
Total 50 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns Game Game Ball
(10-23-2016, 05:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: After sitting on the shelf for a couple weeks. It’s time to dust off the game ball and award it. Some deserving choices this week:

ANDY DALTON: 308 yards, 2 TDS, 128.3 QB rating

AJ GREEN: 8 catches 169 yards, 1 TD

JEREMY HILL: 168 rushing yards (24 receiving) 1 TD

TYLER EIFERT: Didn’t get hurt

SHAWN WILLIAMS: 4 tackles, 1 sack, 1 INT

CARLOS DUNLAP: 1 sack, deflected pass sealed the game

GENO ATKINS: No stats but folks get mad if I don’t list him

MIKE NUGENT: 4 for 4 on XPs (OK, I’m playin’)

Hilarious

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 06:59 PM)Camdaddy08 Wrote: Sorry I got the first t.o. confused. I stand corrected. They still called the t.o. after the 2nd run and went with a couple pass plays after. I realize when the sack happened. If they didn't want to try and score after the sack they would have just let the time expire.i have seen them do it. That is not what they did. They called the time out and threw it again to try and pick up some chunk yards. 

Starting at the 15 with one minute left on the clock is a hard dive to deal with. If they throw 3 incompletions that gives the Browns about 40 seconds to score with more than likely good field position to score. Now imagine that scenario and the fans reaction had that happened. There is a reason why most of us are not coaches and just fans. We all want to push the ball and be aggressive but that can also come at a price.

What I'm saying is that why do the bengals call a timeout after the 2nd straight run still at their own 26 with 47 seconds left?  I think it had a lot to do with all the booing.  Perhaps I'm just not remembering right, but it seems like teams like the Patriots and Packers are almost always trying to score, no matter how much time is on the clock. 

Oh well, I'd give AJ and Hill the game ball because they did awesome today.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 07:13 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: What I'm saying is that why do the bengals call a timeout after the 2nd straight run still at their own 26 with 47 seconds left?  I think it had a lot to do with all the booing.  Perhaps I'm just not remembering right, but it seems like teams like the Patriots and Packers are almost always trying to score, no matter how much time is on the clock. 

Hue called a timeout as well.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 07:13 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: What I'm saying is that why do the bengals call a timeout after the 2nd straight run still at their own 26 with 47 seconds left?  I think it had a lot to do with all the booing.  Perhaps I'm just not remembering right, but it seems like teams like the Patriots and Packers are almost always trying to score, no matter how much time is on the clock. 

Here is my thought. The first run you get 5 Cleveland calls t.o. hoping to get the ball back as they should. Knowing you have  2 t.o. left and the run game has done well you try again. They pick up the first and realize they now have a chance now at the 27. You have took some time off ad now Cleveland will back off using their t.o knowing there is just not enough time with 3 more downs and a punt and now not going to have so good of field position. The Bengals now have full control of the time left. You now can throw the ball and 20 seconds come off and only leaves Cleveland with a little time to get the ball in scoring position, if all 3 are incompletions 

Both throws are caught the first to Eifert eats up some clock. Luckily the second Green is able to pick up a big chunk and get out of bounds. Unfortunately the sack happened after that. I thought they would let the clock run out after that. Surprisingly and happily they didn't. They called their last t.o. This action showed me they wanted to score at least a field goal. Giovanni catch and out of bounds gives us the distance to try one deep. We all know what happened then. 

Marvin is a little less aggressive at the end of the half with not so much time left. I think he is very situational though and plays odds more than hope. This one worked out for him in the scoring area, others we take a knee and go to the locker room especially after a sack like that. Also I can't remember when Marvin and the Bengals brass has let the fans persuade them to do something.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 06:14 PM)Camdaddy08 Wrote: Thank you. They called timeouts after both runs, that tells me they want to try to get some points. After the sack they threw the ball. If they weren't trying to score they would have just run out the clock, they didn't. They used T.Os and got some llittle chunk plays to have the opportunity to score. People might not like the plays that were called to get the points but I don't doubt for a second that their mentality was to score. Especially after calling a time out after the first run.
But, why were they running the ball?  Sick  I know, Marvy was trying to get in position for a 75 yards FG by Nugent. STUPID is as STUPID DOES, Forrest Gump. Sad
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 06:59 PM)Camdaddy08 Wrote: Sorry I got the first t.o. confused. I stand corrected. They still called the t.o. after the 2nd run and went with a couple pass plays after. I realize when the sack happened. If they didn't want to try and score after the sack they would have just let the time expire.i have seen them do it. That is not what they did. They called the time out and threw it again to try and pick up some chunk yards. 

Starting at the 15 with one minute left on the clock is a hard dive to deal with. If they throw 3 incompletions that gives the Browns about 40 seconds to score with more than likely good field position to score. Now imagine that scenario and the fans reaction had that happened. There is a reason why most of us are not coaches and just fans. We all want to push the ball and be aggressive but that can also come at a price.

Stop making sense.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote