Too close to call
16.36%
9 16.36%
Total 55 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns Game Prediction Thread
Ok, so we've now spent two days gnashing our teeth about what happened in the New Jersey swamplands on Sunday. We're on to Cleveland!

You know what to do: pick a poll option and then give us a score.

I had us losing in Baltimore and winning at the Jets, so to keep my streak alive of picking incorrectly, I'm going to say Brownies in a close, mostly defensive duel, 19-17. Do you hear me, universe?

What say you?
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
One team or the other will win or they'll tie.. You can take it to the bank already..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hell, I'll be the first to do it seriously:

Bengals WILL bounce back with a strong defensive showing while the offense will continue to start slow and explode in the 2nd half. Bengals win 28-17
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
35-21, Bengals. Odell has a breakout game with 100+ yards and a TD against us since his daddy cried on Instagram.
Reply/Quote
Both teams try and bounce back after weeks they want to forget..... One coach tries to get too Cute...

Browns win. by 3
Reply/Quote
Bengals win 31-17
Reply/Quote
Jets exposed our defense and the Browns will try to mimic that with much better players and succeed. Zac and company will get out coached yet again even though Joe, Chase and Joe will do their best it wont be enough.

Browns- 30
Bengals- 23
Reply/Quote
Both teams in a must win situation
These games are always tightly contested
No matter the W L coming in.

The Browns running game has gashed the Bengals defense
As of late. Chubb and Johnson are great one cut
Runners.

Stefanski is getting killed by the local Cleveland
Media for being conservative on offense
This might be the game they take more
Downfield shots with OBJ and Schwartz.

If Williams can keep Garrett off Burrow, he will
Surgically slice the Browns D.

Bengals 31-Browns 20
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 03:34 PM)GodFather Wrote: Jets exposed our defense and the Browns will try to mimic that with much better players and succeed. Zac and company will get out coached yet again even though Joe, Chase and Joe will do their best it wont be enough.

Browns- 30
Bengals- 23

Sounds about right.
However - No way we get 23 against their D

Stains 34
Bengals 17
Reply/Quote
In lieu of trade deadline day, I'm stopping in here to say remember when we were soooooooooooo close to bamboozling Cleveland out of a 2nd round pick for McCarron....

Take out time today to remember the trade that wasn't.

They shouldn't have waited so late and nailed that trade down first time it was even brought up.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 03:41 PM)Whacked Wrote: Sounds about right.

Stains 34
Bengals 17

Would you have expected Cincy to hang 41 on Baltimore 3 weeks ago?
Reply/Quote
Anyone predicting a goddamn cakewalk this time? Anyone?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 03:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Hell, I'll be the first to do it seriously:

Bengals WILL bounce back with a strong defensive showing while the offense will continue to start slow and explode in the 2nd half. Bengals win 28-17

Browns are around 4th in the league on screens, something the Bengals struggle with. I see the defense getting burned Sunday time and time again.
Reply/Quote
Bengals win by 2 scores. All is right in the world once again. We improve to 3-0 in division-something none of the other big bad teams that we didn’t stand a chance of finishing ahead of in the standings at the start of the year can say.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 21
Browns 22

Ugh ya it just seems fitting to go into the Bye at 5-4 so the misery lasts an extra weekend.

Prepare for the worst, celebrate the surprise is my approach here on out lol.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 04:08 PM)GodFather Wrote: Browns are around 4th in the league on screens, something the Bengals struggle with. I see the defense getting burned Sunday time and time again.

We gonna get beat by screens and bombs because this time around Sweet Lou will have short passes (and ONLY short passes) covered all game long.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Browns have a good offense but a not-so-great defense. On top of that, the Browns defense has been even worse on the road than at home. On the flip side, the Bengals have a good offense and great defense, but Cincinnati has had some offensive and defensive woes at home (ranked 29th in the league in offensive EPA per play when playing at home, 21st in defensive EPA per play at home).

Looking at that data, it doesn't look so promising. Cleveland has had some strong offensive performances on the road this season. However, I think that Cincinnati has really found their groove over the past month, sporting the leagues 7th best offense and 9th best defense since the Packers game. Cleveland, on the other hand, has the leagues 31st ranked defense and 17th best offense over that same time span. So, with all of that being said...

Give me Cincinnati. I think they'll have a strong performance at home and beat up an injured Browns squad. Bengals by 13.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 03:53 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Would you have expected Cincy to hang 41 on Baltimore 3 weeks ago?

Heck no. Lol.

I was on cloud flippin 9 for days

Old fart here so I’ve been damaged for decades lol.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 03:41 PM)Whacked Wrote: Sounds about right.

Stains 34
Bengals 17

The Browns D is not that good outside of Garrett
Their best LB is on the IR.
Denzel Ward has been thrown on all year. 
Their D doesnt create alot of turnovers.
They faced a couple  ho-hum offenses as of late.
Garrett is the only threat they have 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 03:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Hell, I'll be the first to do it seriously:

I was serious.  Also, 

Is there a reason you need to be an ass?  Ninja
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote