Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns Have Awesome First Round
Adding Myles Garrett to D Line....then adding best all around player in draft in Jabrill Peppers as a DB, LB, offensive player if needed, kick returner. ....and a Trump, Eifert type TE/ WR in Njoku. ....To me this is a draft that can rebuild a team like drafting AJ Green and Dalton....I think Hue Jackson and Browns did great. Factor in adding Zeitler who is still young. ...

My Bengals may find Cleveland becomes tough on D as they were in 80's before they split to Baltimore. Garrett a real monster on D Line and Peppers on field messes up hurry up offense because he can play all over field. Browns were getting tore up by TE's so he is in to stop TE's. but he can do so much more. He will excel on the safety blitz. I really like Cleveland getting away from drafting QB. Look, Carson didn't even play for Bengals his rookie year. Browns need to look more at QB Hue drafted last year. Browns could add more talent after one. The Browns will not be an easy team to play in Hue Jacksons second year.

The Bengals now must add Cleveland as a hard game with Baltimore and Pittsburg. The AFC North is getting even tougher as Hue Jackson rebuilds the once mighty Cleveland team.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:28 AM)kevin Wrote: Adding Myles Garrett to D Line....then adding best all around player in draft in Jabrill Peppers as a DB, LB, offensive player if needed, kick returner. ....and a Trump, Eifert type TE/ WR in Njoku. ....To me this is a draft that can rebuild a team like drafting AJ Green and Dalton....I think Hue Jackson and Browns did great.  Factor in adding Zeitler who is still young. ...

My Bengals may find Cleveland becomes tough on D as they were in 80's before they split to Baltimore.  Garrett a real monster on D Line and Peppers on field messes up hurry up offense because he can play all over field.  Browns were getting tore up by TE's so he is in to stop TE's. but he can do so much more.  He will excel on the safety blitz. I really like Cleveland getting away from drafting QB.  Look, Carson didn't even play for Bengals his rookie year.  Browns need to look more at QB Hue drafted last year.  Browns could add more talent after one.   The Browns will not be an easy team to play in Hue Jacksons second year.  

The Bengals now must add Cleveland as a hard game with Baltimore and Pittsburg.  The AFC North is getting even tougher as Hue Jackson rebuilds the once mighty Cleveland team.

I think they might surprise and win 5 to 7 games this year if they can manage decent QB play. I like what they did  though this off season;improve interior offensive line check, improve defensive athleticism check, and get a beast of a defensive player to build your d around check. All they need is a decent QB and their a playoff caliber team.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:35 AM)J24 Wrote: I think they might surprise and win 5 to 7 games this year if they can manage decent QB play. I like what they did  though this off season;improve interior offensive line check, improve defensive athleticism check, and get a beast of a defensive player to build your d around check. All they need is a decent QB and their a playoff caliber team.

Cody Kessler was only in his rookie year at QB......plus they drafted a WR  and a DE early last draft....This means they should be very strong at DE on both sides.  If the have some good DT play, this becomes a good D Line.    You can win a lot of games in Cleveland with a good defense, the snow and all off Lake Erie. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I think the Browns will be pretty good in another year.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 11:06 AM)magikod Wrote: I think the Browns will be pretty good in another year.

I'm afraid with them having back to back year top DE picks,  our O Line is going to find them plenty tough this year.  We can no longer assume playing Browns is a Bengals win.  I just hope Dalton gets enough blocking to win. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
They had a great first round no doubt. They should keep drafting good players this year and get a qb early next year.

Of course I would gladly take pick 56 this year and houstons 1 next for ajm!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Garrett takes plays off....gonna be another Clowney...lots of talent, mediocre production.

Peppers is way over rated and doesn't really fit any position perfectly.

And the TE from Miami is a raw talent....the browns will find a way to ruin his career.
Reply/Quote
Myles Garrett is a bust. He's weak. Nothing to worry about. He's like Michael Johnson.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
The Browns win he draft AGAIN. This will help them improve to 0-0 at the start of the season and go downhill from there as usual.
Reply/Quote
They could have taken Johnathan Allen at 12. Instead they trade back for more picks. I'm not sure Peppers will translate to the NFL. I do give them credit for not reaching for a QB though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 02:09 AM)Stewy Wrote: The Browns win he draft AGAIN.  This will help them improve to 0-0 at the start of the season and go downhill from there as usual.

[Image: 2938465-1912-so-much-win_inline.jpg]
Reply/Quote
They probably ought to hold the draft in Cleveland every year being it's the Browns fans super bowl.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
didn't like the QB they picked up in the 2nd needs to much work.

But compared to previous years this is the best potential 1st round the browns have had in a long time... 3 picks and not even a QB lol
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 11:30 AM)kevin Wrote: I'm afraid with them having back to back year top DE picks,  our O Line is going to find them plenty tough this year.  We can no longer assume playing Browns is a Bengals win.  I just hope Dalton gets enough blocking to win. 

Yeah Browns will be a tough test for our offensive line thats for sure.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:28 AM)kevin Wrote: Adding Myles Garrett to D Line....then adding best all around player in draft in Jabrill Peppers as a DB, LB, offensive player if needed, kick returner. ....and a Trump, Eifert type TE/ WR in Njoku. ....To me this is a draft that can rebuild a team like drafting AJ Green and Dalton....I think Hue Jackson and Browns did great.  Factor in adding Zeitler who is still young. ...

My Bengals may find Cleveland becomes tough on D as they were in 80's before they split to Baltimore.  Garrett a real monster on D Line and Peppers on field messes up hurry up offense because he can play all over field.  Browns were getting tore up by TE's so he is in to stop TE's. but he can do so much more.  He will excel on the safety blitz. I really like Cleveland getting away from drafting QB.  Look, Carson didn't even play for Bengals his rookie year.  Browns need to look more at QB Hue drafted last year.  Browns could add more talent after one.   The Browns will not be an easy team to play in Hue Jacksons second year.  

The Bengals now must add Cleveland as a hard game with Baltimore and Pittsburg.  The AFC North is getting even tougher as Hue Jackson rebuilds the once mighty Cleveland team.

remind me when this was ???  their Defense will get better.. but their offense is no match for our defense... offense still sucks 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:41 AM)Beaker Wrote: Garrett takes plays off....gonna be another Clowney...lots of talent, mediocre production.

Clowney nearly identical to Garrett in stature was highly touted as an immediate impact player, a game changer,... just like Garrett.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:41 AM)Beaker Wrote: Garrett takes plays off....gonna be another Clowney...lots of talent, mediocre production.

Peppers is way over rated and doesn't really fit any position perfectly.

And the TE from Miami is a raw talent....the browns will find a way to ruin his career.

The Bengals won just six games last season and then got worse by losing their two best offensive linemen, Whitworth and guard Kevin Zeitler, on the free-agent market. It marked the second consecutive offseason in which they suffered major net losses in free agency despite having money to spend.

And they didn't do much in the draft to convince us they're suddenly on the right track. 
They reached for speedy wide receiver John Ross in the top 10, despite the fact Ross is arguably a one-dimensional player who comes with medical red flags. Then they followed that up by drafting a walking red flag in running back Joe Mixon, who has first-round talent but could do more harm than good and, like Ross, doesn't really fill a major need. 
They did get great value for Mixon and third-round front seven defender Jordan Willis, but that doesn't make up for all of the losing they've been doing on and off the field. The offensive line still lacks experience, and the secondary lacks young talent. 
The way things are looking, the Bengals will be lucky to win more than a handful of games next season in the increasingly tough AFC North.

Browns
Already gaining steam coming off a run in free agency in which they revamped their offensive line and added an experienced and talented new No. 1 wide receiver in Kenny Britt, the Browns significantly upgraded their defense early on with top pick Myles Garrett and versatile first-round defensive back/linebacker Jabrill Peppers. But they weren't done there. They traded back into the first round and grabbed former Miami tight end David Njoku as well, giving them three of the best athletes in the draft. 

Looking at the Browns depth chart now, it's hard not to be excited, especially if you place your finger over the quarterback slot.
That, of course, is the elephant in the room. Cleveland has a loaded offensive line featuring potential Hall of Famer Joe Thomas and newly acquired studs Kevin Zeitler and J.C. Tretter, and a loaded pass-catching corps led by Britt, top 2016 selection Corey Coleman and 2017 first-rounder Njoku.
The Browns have a promising young running back in Isaiah Crowell (4.8 yards per carry last season) and a defense that features Garrett, Peppers, veterans Jamie Collins and Joe Haden, and recent high draft picks Danny Shelton and Emmanuel Ogbah. 
I kid you not, the Browns are—at least on paper—a good team, with a very bright future. But when you remove your finger from the quarterback slot on that depth chart and you see second-round project DeShone Kizer alongside Cody Kessler, Kevin Hogan and Brock Osweiler, you're reminded not to get carried away with predictions regarding the 2017 Cleveland Browns.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2706187-nfl-power-rankings-where-does-every-team-stand-after-the-draft
When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2017, 10:14 PM)Vambo Wrote: Browns
Already gaining steam 

lol. That's what they always do in preseason. Then the season starts and the trannny falls out. 

That's also when the football team falls on their face. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2017, 10:14 PM)Vambo Wrote: The Bengals won just six games last season and then got worse by losing their two best offensive linemen, Whitworth and guard Kevin Zeitler, on the free-agent market. It marked the second consecutive offseason in which they suffered major net losses in free agency despite having money to spend.

And they didn't do much in the draft to convince us they're suddenly on the right track. 
They reached for speedy wide receiver John Ross in the top 10, despite the fact Ross is arguably a one-dimensional player who comes with medical red flags. Then they followed that up by drafting a walking red flag in running back Joe Mixon, who has first-round talent but could do more harm than good and, like Ross, doesn't really fill a major need. 
They did get great value for Mixon and third-round front seven defender Jordan Willis, but that doesn't make up for all of the losing they've been doing on and off the field. The offensive line still lacks experience, and the secondary lacks young talent. 
The way things are looking, the Bengals will be lucky to win more than a handful of games next season in the increasingly tough AFC North.

Browns
Already gaining steam coming off a run in free agency in which they revamped their offensive line and added an experienced and talented new No. 1 wide receiver in Kenny Britt, the Browns significantly upgraded their defense early on with top pick Myles Garrett and versatile first-round defensive back/linebacker Jabrill Peppers. But they weren't done there. They traded back into the first round and grabbed former Miami tight end David Njoku as well, giving them three of the best athletes in the draft. 

Looking at the Browns depth chart now, it's hard not to be excited, especially if you place your finger over the quarterback slot.
That, of course, is the elephant in the room. Cleveland has a loaded offensive line featuring potential Hall of Famer Joe Thomas and newly acquired studs Kevin Zeitler and J.C. Tretter, and a loaded pass-catching corps led by Britt, top 2016 selection Corey Coleman and 2017 first-rounder Njoku.
The Browns have a promising young running back in Isaiah Crowell (4.8 yards per carry last season) and a defense that features Garrett, Peppers, veterans Jamie Collins and Joe Haden, and recent high draft picks Danny Shelton and Emmanuel Ogbah. 
I kid you not, the Browns are—at least on paper—a good team, with a very bright future. But when you remove your finger from the quarterback slot on that depth chart and you see second-round project DeShone Kizer alongside Cody Kessler, Kevin Hogan and Brock Osweiler, you're reminded not to get carried away with predictions regarding the 2017 Cleveland Browns.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2706187-nfl-power-rankings-where-does-every-team-stand-after-the-draft

All that cut and paste only to realize the browns will still finish last in the AFCN....again.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2017, 04:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: lol. That's what they always do in preseason. Then the season starts and the trannny falls out. 

Who will come out this year?

Thought you couldn't use "*****" on this board?

Edit: OK..you used 3 n's.
Reply/Quote