Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Browns QB Carousel
You know how antsy fans get when it comes to "Playing XYZ and seeing what he has" over anyone over the age of 30. I was lurking on the Rams message board and I found two amusing things they were saying:

#1 - Nick Foles has been broken beyond repair by this crappy o-line, bad coaching, and lack of weapons
#2 - We should throw (their rookie 4th rounder who isn't ready) in there so we can see what we have. Why not?

Um...didn't you just say the Rams destroyed Foles?

Anywho, NFL fans and their ability to judge QB rotations is a hoot. If just tossing people out there and seeing what happened worked the Browns wouldn't have gone through 30 QBs in 15 years, or whatever they've done.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 09:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm a bit of a Marvin-shamer, but I'll say the fact that he had 2 of the best QBs in today's NFL for almost his entire NFL tenure (minus 2008 for Palmer) and hasn't notched a single playoff win is a bit telling.  

QB is merely 1 of 53
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2015, 10:59 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: QB is merely 1 of 53

Agree to disagree on this one.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2015, 07:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Agree to disagree on this one.

QBs play can only be as good as those around him as well...

See brady the last few games.. you can hit a receiver in the hands with a football but you cant make him catch it.

QB is a hugely important piece but they cant do it alone...
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 03:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: QBs play can only be as good as those around him as well...

See brady the last few games.. you can hit a receiver in the hands with a football but you cant make him catch it.

QB is a hugely important piece  but they cant do it alone...

That's not the same as your original statement of the QB merely being 1 of 53.  The QB isn't everything, but having a QB really makes life a lot easier.
Reply/Quote
Manziel is out and the Browns are once again on the hunt for a QB. Part of me really hopes its Kaep. I'd love to see the AFC North chew him up and spit him out.

One of the Browns former coaches recently said about Manziels first start...

“he had no idea what was going on. He went out there and had no clue.”

Of course all of us Bengals fans knew that about 2 minutes into the first drive. LOL
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 03:43 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Will be so happy to see the LA Rams again.  They just belong there.    Hated the whole St Louis deal .   I hope that cory never gets another team.    If you lose 2 franchises you should be banned.

How many teams has LA lost?  I'm thinking 3.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2016, 11:23 PM)Penn Wrote: How many teams has LA lost?  I'm thinking 3.

Are you counting the LA Chargers of the AFL?
Reply/Quote
The Browns are thinking it's RGIII time.

Quote:The Browns may not have a quarterback at the moment, but they appear to have at least settled in on a direction toward obtaining one.

According to Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, Browns officials told their local reporters that they were working on the possibility of a deal with free agent quarterback Robert Griffin III, and that any trade talks regarding Colin Kaepernick seem to have cooled.

Executive vice president of football operations Sashi Brown said they were moving forward with the possibility of signing Griffin, through a move wasn’t imminent.

They’ve been gathering information about the former Washington quarterback since his visit, and it’s clear they see him as an easier add than Kaepernick.

Of Kaepernick, Brown the team isn’t actively talking with the 49ers “and at this point we don’t anticipate being engaged with San Francisco.”

Brown also said their interest was “over-reported,” and that any talks never got to the point of renegotiating a contract or draft pick compensation.

Of course, the Browns are still expected to use the No. 2 overall pick in the draft on a quarterback, so narrowing their focus toward a free agent instead of someone who would have to be traded for might simply be expedience. They can sign Griffin by simply calling his agent, and not worry about coming off with another pick, and dealing with existing contractual entanglements.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 03:43 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Will be so happy to see the LA Rams again.  They just belong there.    Hated the whole St Louis deal .   I hope that cory never gets another team.    If you lose 2 franchises you should be banned.

Then St. Louis would now be banned.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Nobody in LA cared when they left.  They better put a winner on the field (which means getting a new coach), or nobody will care that they are back in a year or two.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2015, 02:58 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Round and round it goes where does it stop? Nobody knows!

Who will the Browns QB be next year?

I'm going with RGIII maybe Kapernick.

RGIII was named the Browns 25th starting QB since 1999. (Let that sink in a minute.)

If you had trouble letting that sink in here's the full list of mediocrity...

Tim Couch
Ty Detmer
Doug Pederson
Spergon Wynn
Kelly Holcomb
Jeff Garcia
Luke McCown
Trent Dilfer
Charlie Frye
Derek Anderson
Ken Dorsey
Brady Quinn
Bruce Gradkowski
Colt McCoy
Jake Delhomme
Seneca Wallace
Branden Weeden
Thaddeus Lewis
Jason Campbell
Brian Hoyer
Johnny Football
Connor Shaw
Josh McCown
Austin Davis
Robert Griffin III
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 11:07 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: RGIII was named the Browns 25th starting QB since 1999. (Let that sink in a minute.)

Tim Couch
Ty Detmer
Doug Pederson
Spergon Wynn
Kelly Holcomb
Jeff Garcia
Luke McCown
Trent Dilfer
Charlie Frye
Derek Anderson
Ken Dorsey
Brady Quinn
Bruce Gradkowski
Colt McCoy
Jake Delhomme
Seneca Wallace
Branden Weeden
Thaddeus Lewis
Jason Campbell
Brian Hoyer
Johnny Football
Connor Shaw
Josh McCown
Austin Davis
Robert Griffin III

[Image: CpW0b8-UMAATIik.png:large]
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Pretty sickening, really. Ya know what else is sickening? The names on there who have beaten us.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 11:07 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: RGIII was named the Browns 25th starting QB since 1999. (Let that sink in a minute.)

Cleveland Browns
Last playoff victory: January 1, 1995 (1994 wildcard game against Patriots)

Days since last playoff victory (as of July 15): 7,500 days

Last playoff victory: January 6, 1991 (1992 wildcard round against Oilers)

Days since last playoff victory (as of July 15): 8,956 days

(Let that sink in a minute.)    Talk about mediocrity...
When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 12:25 AM)Vambo Wrote:  Cleveland Browns
Last playoff victory: January 1, 1995 (1994 wildcard game against Patriots)

Days since last playoff victory (as of July 15): 7,500 days

Last playoff victory: January 6, 1991 (1992 wildcard round against Oilers)

Days since last playoff victory (as of July 15): 8,956 days

(Let that sink in a minute.)    Talk about mediocrity...

Nah...

The Ravens won that playoff game in 1995. Let that sink in a minute.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 11:51 AM)jason Wrote: Nah...

The Ravens won that playoff game in 1995. Let that sink in a minute.

Ah desperation a true sign of mediocrity.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Smile 
(08-10-2016, 06:44 PM)oVambo Wrote: Ah desperation a true sign of mediocrity.

It's just hard to take someone seriously when they're calling out mediocrity and the Browns helmet is their avatar.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 08:52 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: It's just hard to take someone seriously when they're calling out mediocrity and the Browns helmet is their avatar.

We know the TRUE symbol of mediocrity is...[Image: 6a619a8967572d95a8a5.gif] 

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 10:21 PM)Vambo Wrote: We know the TRUE symbol of mediocrity is...[Image: 6a619a8967572d95a8a5.gif] 

IKR? The browns can't even reach mediocrity status. 

3 seasons above .500 in the last 23.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote