Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns Released Sheldon Richardson
Experienced DT that was likely a cap casualty after signing Clowney for 10 million

I see lots of these moves happening after the draft also as teams draft vet replacements to help their cap
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 05:44 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Experienced DT that was likely a cap casualty after signing Clowney for 10 million

I see lots of these moves happening after the draft also as teams draft vet replacements to help their cap

Would you want to sign him to come here?
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 10:39 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Would you want to sign him to come here?

For 11 million a year, no way. For 4 to 5 million on 1 year deal maximum definitely.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I saw this after I posted the thread.

https://www.nfl.com/news/browns-release-dt-sheldon-richardson-save-11-million-in-cap-space

1. Played in all 32 games for the Browns.
2. Sounds like motivator in locker room.
3. Former 1st round draft pick.
4. 30 years old

I see others say Hurst, I say if we can get a team friendly deal, he is worth it for 2021. I hate this we rebuild for 2 to 4 years down the road. FA allows teams to rebuild in one year, if that make the right moves.

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 07:49 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I saw this after I posted the thread.

https://www.nfl.com/news/browns-release-dt-sheldon-richardson-save-11-million-in-cap-space

1. Played in all 32 games for the Browns.
2. Sounds like motivator in locker room.
3. Former 1st round draft pick.
4. 30 years old

I see others say Hurst, I say if we can get a team friendly deal, he is worth it for 2021. I hate this we rebuild for 2 to 4 years down the road. FA allows teams to rebuild in one year, if that make the right moves.

Just the same if we happen to draft Chase adding to Higgins & Boyd. 

People are crying now about "how are we going to pay these guys or keep them all years from now?".

Well if they are a damn good corps of WRs they should accomplish some things immediately.

If not... then you let one of em' go and draft or sign another FA down the road.

You just can't play the "what ifs" and "waiting to rebuild" type stuff anymore.

This team can turn it around soon with the right moves.

My biggest worry is the current coaching as a whole not getting the job done to be honest.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 09:42 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Just the same if we happen to draft Chase adding to Higgins & Boyd. 

People are crying now about "how are we going to pay these guys or keep them all years from now?".

Well if they are a damn good corps of WRs they should accomplish some things immediately.

If not... then you let one of em' go and draft or sign another FA down the road.

You just can't play the "what ifs" and "waiting to rebuild" type stuff anymore.

This team can turn it around soon with the right moves.

My biggest worry is the current coaching as a whole not getting the job done to be honest.

I agree, we are already beginning year 3 of rebuild with ZT.

Reply/Quote
Sheldon Richardson put up better numbers than any Bengals DT
From.last season. If you have a chance to uograde a area and
It wont cost you alot why not look in to it?
If signing Richardson means Wren or Tupuo has to.go.....so.be it
Oh well...no big loss...they have potential but arent proven
Like Richardson. Richardson is super strong and can actually finish
Off a QB. Id sign.him.
Reply/Quote