Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chiefs @ Steelers Game Day Thread
If KC had anything even remotely resembling a pass rush it wouldn't have been a game at all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 05:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ah well. It's only game #2. Still 14 left.

Going to ba a long season. Maybe like when high school games go to a runnng clock durning a blow out, Pittsburgh can go to a running season and get it over with.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 05:33 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Going to ba a long season. Maybe like when high school games go to a runnng clock durning a blow out, Pittsburgh can go to a running season and get it over with.

Nah, they usually get it straightened out at some point. I ain't believing in their destruction until i see the ashes (losing record or eliminated from the playoffs).

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 07:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Nah, they usually get it straightened out at some point. I ain't believing in their destruction until i see the ashes (losing record or eliminated from the playoffs).

Don't worry, the story NFl wants to portray is L. Bell comes back and saves the day. NFL is all about stories anyway, after they went to the supreme court to argue that they're not actually a sport.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 05:32 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: If KC had anything even remotely resembling a pass rush it wouldn't have been a game at all.

we know why you can't get a pass rush against steelers
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 07:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Nah, they usually get it straightened out at some point. I ain't believing in their destruction until i see the ashes (losing record or eliminated from the playoffs).

Agreed too early but no way I thought they be winless after first 2 games
Reply/Quote

They’ll be respectable but I don’t think they make the playoffs. I think they fall short or be an easy first round out if they do.

I have no confidence in that defense.
[Image: 12417656_10208481126928364_5227831409754...e=5702BE1D]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 07:04 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Don't worry, the story NFl wants to portray is L. Bell comes back and saves the day. NFL is all about stories anyway, after they went to the supreme court to argue that they're not actually a sport.

The NFL isn’t a sport. Football is the sport and the NFL is the business entity that organizes and manages it.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 07:45 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: They’ll be respectable but I don’t think they make the playoffs. I think they fall short or be an easy first round out if they do.

I have no confidence in that defense.

What is different about the defense from last year?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 08:08 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What is different about the defense from last year?

Nothing. They weren't good last year either. 

The guy that you loved to hate is gone and replaced by a rookie, so that's probably a push. Credit to the Chefs offense, they're really good. And granted Joe Haden was out today, so that had an impact too. But they just could not stop KC at all. Im telling you, Shazier's injury wrecked the defense. It was on its way to getting better, but took a big step backwards. The only immediate hope is that Watt continues to improve and Terrell Edmunds, who has looked okay, grows. But if you're relying on a rookie, thats not a good sign. I wanted them all offseason to let Bell go and spend his $$ on the defense. Ben ain't got much left. 

Anyone they play with a respectable offense this year is going to be a challenge. It will be up to the O to keep pace. 
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 10:07 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Nothing. They weren't good last year either. 

The guy that you loved to hate is gone and replaced by a rookie, so that's probably a push. Credit to the Chefs offense, they're really good. And granted Joe Haden was out today, so that had an impact too. But they just could not stop KC at all. Im telling you, Shazier's injury wrecked the defense. It was on its way to getting better, but took a big step backwards. The only immediate hope is that Watt continues to improve and Terrell Edmunds, who has looked okay, grows. But if you're relying on a rookie, thats not a good sign. I wanted them all offseason to let Bell go and spend his $$ on the defense. Ben ain't got much left. 

Anyone they play with a respectable offense this year is going to be a challenge. It will be up to the O to keep pace. 

Weird, because they were top 10 in yards and points and they finished 13-3 (something i'm still waiting for the Bengals to do, almost 40 years later...). 

I'd still say it's more a case of not really having much film on Mahomes. Hopefully, by the time the Bengals go to KC, they will have a legit game plan. Of course, any defensive game plan starts with getting pressure on the QB.

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 10:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Weird, because they were top 10 in yards and points and they finished 13-3. 

I'd still say it's more a case of not really having much film on Mahomes. Hopefully, by the time the Bengals go to KC, they will have a legit game plan. Of course, any defensive game plan starts with getting pressure on the QB.

We should have Burfict back (always undetermined).

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 05:25 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Oh wait, did they just call a penalty to end the game? What was that about giving them more chances again?

Dude. Phantom def. Holding on sack strip that would have made it 28 0. I didn't see a replay of that play. Did you? Just the announcers proclaiming we should erase the play from our memory banks. Guess I'm just a noncompliant sob.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 01:02 AM)SladeX Wrote: Dude. Phantom def. Holding on sack strip that would have made it 28 0. I didn't see a replay of that play. Did you? Just the announcers proclaiming we should erase the play from our memory banks. Guess I'm just a noncompliant sob.
Yep, they didn't show a replay so it must be true

[Image: tenor.gif]
Reply/Quote