Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns/Schiano/WOW
reading the Vol Nation message board I didn't realize how involved the Browns owner (Jimmy Haslam) is with the University of Tennessee and its current AD......what happened today is unprecedented in sports but congrats to UT and its fan base for not wanting Schiano and his baggage.......We have all seen what a mess Haslam has made/built in Cleveland since taking over.....now he's ruined/tarnished UT
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Dude what Happened today was a travesty not something that should be applauded . A Aery suspicious rumor that has very little truth can cost you a job?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The whole Ped State thing is disgusting, no acted when they could have from the top down........guilty by association happens in life all the time.....Good for UT fans for taking a stand......
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I've witnessed quite a few crimes I didn't report to police or anyone else for various reasons. Some having to do with my own safety and not wanting to get killed.. The case with Greg Schiano people seem to be acting as if he was directly involved with what went on which I really doubt. 
I'm guessing that at the time Schiano would have been in fear of losing his job and possibly even putting his life in danger. People at the time thought of Sandusky as some sort of football god and untouchable. 
You can second guess what he should have or should not have done at the time, but lumping him in with the likes of Sandusky without concrete evidence of any wrong doing is mere guilt by association and little else. 
We generally don't convict people for not reporting crimes especially when doing so might get you fired or worse, killed or seriously injured..  

So one of the questions really should be should you report crimes when there's a fair amount of certainty that you will lose your job and possibly put your own life in danger? 
We all want to think of ourselves as having the courage to put our own lives at risk over these things, but the truth is most people wouldn't have the courage to open their mouths even when there's no danger to themselves much less a high probability of it.

If everyone who witnessed a crime, but didn't come forward was tossed in prison there would be no room left for the actual perpetrators of the original crimes. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote